Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: prot pally basic questions

What is the best seal/judgement combo for tanking w a pally? I'm just starting one and was thinking of the seal of Righteousness/ judgement of light combo.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Kersplosh
    What is the best seal/judgement combo for tanking w a pally? I'm just starting one and was thinking of the seal of Righteousness/ judgement of light combo.
    No, you should use Seal of Corruption. It scales better and the ticks help you maintain a steady throughput of threat even if the mob throws you around every now and then. It also generates more threat and DPS than Righteousness. Righteousness is ok for trash, though, since it has higher initial threat.

About the judgement..well, it shouldn't matter that much. You won't be running out of mana in raids/dungeons and you shouldn't be running out of health either. That latter part is up to healers though Note that if you have a holy paladin with you, you could ask him/her to cast Judgement of Light and you could do Judgement of Wisdom.

Im a human so dont have corruption I been using Vengance is this correct ? and been judging wisdom
    Pally- Dreamstate - Shu'Halo
    Shaman- Dreamkeeper - Shu'Halo

Also wanted to make some quotes that seemed to help clarify some things alot for me and wanted to share~

All paladin spells (every spec) scale 50% from AP, 50% spellpower. But as strength also increases your block value AND your melee DPS, not to mention the damage done by your spells

"Consecrates the land beneath the Paladin, doing [ 32% of AP + 32% of Spell Power + 904 ] Holy damage over 8 sec to enemies who enter the area."

As you see, it says 32% from your spellpower, 32% AP. As such there is no reason for you to stack spellpower, you will get it from stamina gems automatically, and as I said, you get a lot more benefit from strength.

Pally- Dreamstate - Shu'Halo
    Shaman- Dreamkeeper - Shu'Halo