Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...

Re: Why the hell did Judgements of the wise get nerfed?

i'm not sure if hawkmight actually reads talents. but oh well.

as ive said previously Jotw needed a nerf but to that extent is definately no. what i dont understand is that on one of the beta builds it was 20% of max and they said this definitely wasn't enough hence why they changed it to 33% of base. can someone explain to me what changed since then? i didn't notice abilities getting cheaper but i may have missed somthing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodec
    This was a huge DPS nerf because we won't be able to do our DPS rotation without going OOM. This will get even worse when using heals, hand spells, and blessings meaning PVE was in fact hit hard. Thankfully someone did the math for me so I'll copy and post.
    JotW: returns 15% of base mana.
    Judgement: costs 5% of base mana. We're now at a net 10% of base mana.
    CS: 8% of base mana. We're now at a net 2% of base mana
    DS: 12% of base mana. We're now at a net -10% of base mana.
    Let's give this DPS cycle a 10s Replenishment. That means we've gained 2.5% of our base mana back fro mthat effect. Net -7.5% of base mana.
    Let's go ahead and say we got 2 JoW procs from al lthis nonsense, which is about accurate with a 4s ICD. That's 4% more base mana, leaving us at -3.5% of base mana, simply from attacking.

Now let's say this recycles every 10s. It's actually not perfectly accurate, but it's a reasonable model for now. That means that each minute, simply from DPSing, we're down 21% of our base mana. This gives us ~5m of DPS time before going oom if we do NOTHING BUT OUR BASE ATTACKS. God help us if we want to cast Hand spells, Cleanse, use our AoW FoL procs, or actually make use of the spell power that Sheath of Light gives. We are completely mana burnable in PvP again, and our damage is dropping. We're losing all our offhealing and we can't sustain our damage in the face of any attempt to drain us.
    Learn to manage your class. If you want to go balls out everytime then you will have to deal with not having mana. Stop wanting everything on EZ mode. Seriously your argument is that you cant go al out dps and then heal on top of it. Imba garbage and a waste of readers time.
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

15+ Year Old Account

Jotw needed a nerf bad. you paladins are going to complain about running out of mana?
    try hunter pvp (marks). dps for 1..ONE minute if you are trying to do anything at all. then your oom. then you get LoS'd... now you cant regenerate any mana, because viper is only helpful if you Hit your target.... ret nerfs were totally justified. The next thing they need to nerf is pillars....
    edited sig because wow that was out of date