New main in Wotlk?

I got three characters at LvL 70.
    so my big quetion is.
    Who will be my main in WotLK?

I have been playing a Mage as main since WoW came out, so i can say im a bit bored with that class.
    But WotLK can open new ways to play as a Mage, and mabye it will be fun again.

Druid cat DPS has always been fun i think, but will we do good in WotLK? Or will we just be a gimped rogue.

Paladin is also very fun to play atm, but i am afraid that blizzard may get to nerfy, and mabye destroy the class in PvE.

Can anyone who has any insight in theese classes and how they are in raids at LvL 80 give me some pointers to what to pick
    Is the class fun, is it good dps ect..

I am playing PvE, so I want your opinion on PvE.
    I dont really care about PvP.

Re: New main in Wotlk?

your toons, play whicever you have the most fun.

If I were you I'd level up druid/pally first. Hybrids are getting so nice.

Deleted

Don't roll a pally if you think blizz is goin to destroy em...we DON'T need any more of your kind.

Do people really decide their chars on the current 'best of' score? What about the fun factor and stuff?
    Makes me a sad panda :<

My reroll this cycle was determined by none of my group of core gamer friends are playing a class with an actual CC this expansion cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Inicharu
    Don't roll a pally if you think blizz is goin to destroy em...we DON'T need any more of your kind.

Do people really decide their chars on the current 'best of' score? What about the fun factor and stuff?
    Makes me a sad panda :<
    I dont want to play a broken class, thats what I ment.
    I think palas are fun to play, but if they end up being broken its boring.
    (thinking about a lot of changes beeing made now, mana issues ect)

My guild also has a deadline for us to choose our main for wotlk, so we can start raiding fast.
    So the one I'll LvL first, will most probably be my main for a long time.

Stick with your mage. I wish I still played my first char. All classes are OP sometimes, other times they are crap. Play which you like, and don't think about all this OP, cuz your class will be OP at a point, and others will be OP over you.
    I myself stick with my Warlock, as i finally played 1 and actually liked him. Even got 1 of my big BC dreams come true with him (kill Illidan), and other fun stuff.. Defo warlock, even tho they are a little broken right now when it comes to keep up in dps. But we will be OP again
    Shaman since Vanilla. All the way !

perhaps I'll be healing more next expansion, though if it's possible I'll keep tanking and helping the groups in need =)
    the ensidia ban was clever marketing

oh noes, someone is using engineering

Id stay with your mage... unless you are extremely bored

My lock was my first char but my mage was my first 60.. was so much fun playing then i got bored and switched for MC raids since we had only 1 lock in our guild. Now i have 5 70s to choose from and 4 more chars that are in the 60s (including my old mage)

If my mage was 70 and geared as well as my other 70s id take my mage into wotlk for sure

Fun>Better.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsicola
    Fun>Better.

/agree

Also, hybrids are shaping up to be godly in WOTLK.

i have 4 toons
    im staying with the prot pally for the moment then either rogue or DK

I have several 70's (Recruit a friend is amazing.)

Been a Warlock since before BC came out and played a warlock throughout BC. Was in a guild that almost had m'uru down before the raid nerfs hit and killed KJ the week the nerfs took effect.

I'm playing a paladin in wrath without a doubt.

The class is just fun, period. I personally don't care if we're 'gimped'... we bring quite a bit to a raid and its just fun to play. Hoping to be a prot paly in wrath with ret as a secondary. I enjoy the new seals/judgement system and the talents make palys pretty fun to work with.

Play what you enjoy playing. Warlocks went from a 1 button spec to a spec with rotations that are just insane to min/max stuff. It just got stupid. Tanking/healing just appeals more to me now.

The answer is: You decide, not we.
    I've leveled almost all classes to 70 now, raided at a decent level with 3 (shaman, hunter, druid)
    Considering there will be a 2 talentspec system which will make the game less repetative for classes that can change roles with talentswitch, a melee class that can also be a tank/healer will fit me best.

I will go for either a shaman (resto/enhancement), a paladin (holy/retribution) or a deathknight (tanking/DPS spec).

I like spamhealing, I spammed my ass off with rank2 chainheal in TBC and loved it. Holydins seem to be the only ones still able todo that in fights of decent lengts in WOTLK, so that's also something to consider for me. I still love chainheal and windfury though, so it might as well be a shaman. I really like the concept of a melee class with a pet (unholy DK) and a new regeneration system with some cool misc abilities as well. So, we'll see what will happen, but it's 90% sure it's one of these three classes.

I will probably retire my holy paladin. I'm getting very tired and bored of all the constant spam-healing. We still don't have any other healing spells than Flash of Light, Holy Light and the occasional Holy Shock. Where's my HoTs? My AoEs? I would gladly give up the niche as the best single target healer for any of those. Beacon of Light is crap and no, it's not an AoE healing spell no matter what people may think.

I'm thinking of switching over to my sisters priest. Discipline priests seems to be fun to play when they've gotten the specc right.

I'm worried about having enough healers to raid at 80. Holy Paladins are going Prot. Holy Priests are going Shadow. Druids are going dps. Only the Shammans seem to want to continue healing. We even had one switch from dps to heals.