Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Invasion phase 5, Retribution nerf, Achievements

Infidels! Blasphemy! How can a zombie infestation be "Fun" or "enjoyable"?

It's supposed to be thrilling, you are supposed to hate freakin zombies, thats what Blizz tries to do... hate the Lich King so bad that you want to go to Northrend to fight him in revenge!

I almost imagine a guy in Blizz saying "Ooooh so they are having fun? Let's shorten the disease timer, remove healers... let's see how they like it now!".

Really sad that they nerfed dmg for prot and holy specs aswell. Ret was op ye but if anything holy and prot need a buff to their dmg, not nerf :<

Quote Originally Posted by Mahtamori
    Also, Ghostcrawler is officially a liar
    https://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/t...892&sid=2000#0
    "As I stated yesterday, we are happy with Ret's PvE damage and sustatined damage in PvP, but were concerned that the burst damage in PvP could be too high."
    This long prior to the current changes at hand. Apparently Ret's PvE damage deserved a sever nerf after all...
    Oh grow up, it's called changing ones mind based on additional information.

And Stormwind is still covered in fog.
    I wanna go back to my trainer and learn a new spell in the next expansion! And we all need to be able to fly from day 1 ! (And fly over the Exodar and Silvermoon on our own mounts!)

The zombie event is the best thing ever. never have i recieved more hate tells.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Balbaroy
    The zombie event is the best thing ever. never have i recieved more hate tells.
    Oh, you should seen it when I locked 6 behind the gates of halls of legends, and there were many who was trying to get in there aswell

There are Necropolises outside all the capital cities today. I bet Phase 6 involves a lot of capital city Scourge action.

Ghostcrawler, what a damn liar.

I just got banned from the forums because I vented.

Where's the freaking Moonkin Nerfs? Don't seem to find any of them around here....

15+ Year Old Account

On Anachronos we, the zombies, took over champion's hall and zombified everyone who got there and we took over the guards too

Found a level 63 Elite in the Mage Quarter of SW called "Flameshocker" It looked like a skeleton.

On nordrasill eu server thrall is gone as well.

Paladins are 2-3 shotting just about any class currently. Since holy damage doesn't have any resistances there's not much to help against it with gear either.

And still the ret paladins themselves are claiming it's "balanced".. heh... rrrright..

--

As for performance.
    I notice that in 3.0.2 you "freeze" for a while after mounting, this is very annoying.

I first saw the paladin changes (the very first for WotLK); I then rerolled paladin and he is now 68 because I believed they would be worth something. I know they are still worth a bit, but I must say one thing:

We miss something to interrupt with! With these changes we do not deal more dmg, we can't outheal any dps, only postpone our death and we can still be kited (all you have to do is run if we use Hand of Freedom or bubble).

Now to my question: those achievements, will the points be removed?

Quote Originally Posted by mikklas
    Now to my question: those achievements, will the points be removed?
    We didnt get points for the character statistics in the first place, it was just a knowledge bank.
    - Melting Faces since 2006 -

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyshh
    I have a paladin and he is Ret......it pains me to see the nerf but I knew it was coming from the first mob I killed with him when the patch came live.

looks like its my rogue I'll be playing from now on
    Another fine example of a FOTM player.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahtamori
    I don't care if they will compensate back again, these changes have proven Blizzard's inability in balancing the Paladin class and that when it comes to the Paladin they prefer bottom of the food chain to top.

All in all, it is a clear message to the Paladin community that one class has to be last, and it's going to be the Paladin class.

Regardless of what they do in the short few weeks, it's lolret all over again and I for one am not going to stick around for this ill-fated class with the ill-mannered balancing fixes.

Ret Paladins most likely lost their theorycraft raid spot due to oominess and thus damage loss.
    Holy Paladins lost nearly all hope there ever was of having a somewhat enjoyable time doing dailies. For reference, before these damage nerfs they already had the lowest damage out of all healers.
    Prot Paladins lost threat generation and utility.

It's a completely nerf to all Paladin specs, even though it hits Retribution hardest.

Also, Ghostcrawler is officially a liar
    https://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/t...892&sid=2000#0
    "As I stated yesterday, we are happy with Ret's PvE damage and sustatined damage in PvP, but were concerned that the burst damage in PvP could be too high."
    This long prior to the current changes at hand. Apparently Ret's PvE damage deserved a sever nerf after all...
    Yeah, because everything should be magically balanced right out of the box ...

I don't get all the doomsayers saying how it's impossible to level and do anything at all.

I've been levelling my Shaman fine, from like level 15 to 30 during this event. Sure, I might have had to run from a slow zombie now and then up in Stonetalon, but it hasn't slowed me down at all. It has actually been fun, something that breaks the slow dullness of grinding your fifth character to 70

If you get infected all the time I advice you to stop keyboard-turning and start l2p. Or just stay out of major cities. How hard can it be? I don't find it hard at all, that's for sure.

Some people love whining, I guess.

What is his buff-mod?!?!?
    I can't find a good one!

I am thinking that zombie invasion is for death knight class reborning. just return to WOTLK first cinematic and watch.. There was infected mobs around a paladin and tada.. paladin becomes a death knight..

So.. now some of us are getting infected and can be death knight etc etc..

"We do realize this hurts Holy and Protection as well, and that is something for which we are prepared to offer compensation (particularly if it hurts Protection's threat generation)."

Well, spectator Ghostcrawler there are some things you should know:

Protection/Holy paladin need dps not tps. Protadins need to more avoidance and abilities. Holy needs group and hot spells.