Preference for Druid Spec for PvE in Lich King

To those that have had the opportunity to play Lich King before the launch, what would you say is more beneficial to an end game raiding guild, a Resto Drood or a Feral Drood.

My friends and I are hoping to start a hardcore end game raiding guild, and I would like to level my druid for it, and was just hoping for some input on what spec I should roll that would greater benefit our guild.

Re: Preference for Druid Spec for PvE in Lich King

1) CAT DURIDS IS 4 FITE
    2) BARE DURIDS 4 TANK
    3) MOONKIN 4 MOON STUFF
    4) TREE DURID IS 4 HEEL!

my personal advice is everything except resto... not that druids are bad healers, we are excellent ones. but i hate to heal
    anyway care bear for life

Quote Originally Posted by Cadafi
    my personal advice is everything except resto... not that druids are bad healers, we are excellent ones. but i hate to heal
    anyway care bear for life
    OP is looking for what will be beneficial to their guild... not which spec you personally prefer to play

My input to the OP.

1) roll something you enjoy, if you enjoy all 3 specs (4 if you count cat/bear) then see #2
    2) Healers and tanks always seem in short demand, find out what your guild is short on if they are equal or not lacking in either area then see #3
    3) I love my kitty/bear but collecting spellpower gear now allows you to spec 2 completely different playstyles with min change to your gear (really just need hit rating change when you go to balance)

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrick
    To those that have had the opportunity to play Lich King before the launch, what would you say is more beneficial to an end game raiding guild, a Resto Drood or a Feral Drood.

My friends and I are hoping to start a hardcore end game raiding guild, and I would like to level my druid for it, and was just hoping for some input on what spec I should roll that would greater benefit our guild.
    As mentioned above, play something you enjoy. Your guild will benefit the most when you play a class/spec that you enjoy and are willing to play it. There is nothing worse than a tank who doesn't want to tank when the guild is trying to push into harder content.

Druids are now great Tanks, melee DPS, Healers and Ranged DPS. But make sure you focus on the two rolls that support the same gear. Don't try to collect gear for all four rolls, unless you clearly already have good gear for your main roles.

Bear (tank) + Cat (melee DPS) work off the same gear.

Tree (healer) + Boomkin (ranged DPS) work off the same gear.

So the choice comes down to Tank/Melee DPS or Healer/Ranged DPS. I personally pick Tank first and melee dps second. And all I really need to do is swap out neck, rings, trinket and weapon and I’m ready to tank or dps.

Alright thanks a lot everyone... appreciate the input on the topic

For sure going to go with tanking and melee dps. Our main tank is one of those warriors that bitches the whole time about having to tank, and I understand now what you mean on how that will get us no where.

Anyone know if there will be anything from stopping a Feral Druid from Main Tanking in Northrend raids?

Alright thanks a lot everyone... appreciate the input on the topic

For sure going to go with tanking and melee dps. Our main tank is one of those warriors that bitches the whole time about having to tank, and I understand now what you mean on how that will get us no where.

Anyone know if there will be anything from stopping a Feral Druid from Main Tanking in Northrend raids?
    Feral is fine for tanking raids
    Kitty spec is even fine for tanking 5mans up till 80
    At 80 you WILL have to spec for the bear talents to tank and the cat talents to dps and you will be switching ring/neck/trinkets only (possible gem switches for stamina)

My resto druid will keep all the same gear when switching to balance except ill need +hit gear to swap out... again prob rings neck and trinket maybe some gems

Just an old bias against bear tanks based on their own ignorance. Pallys, warriors, druids, and death knights can now all main tank every boss up to and including arthas (when he is released). I have not used all these classes to MT, but blues have come right out and said many times that this is their intention, and reading the forums has come to make me agree with them.

Very Good, thanks a lot guys. Cant wait to see how this unfolds

i'd say feral if u will be an officer or something similar, i always prefer having a tank that u can rely on

There will be short on resto druids because every wanna see biiiig numbers on their screens, so I will stay healing. healed all tbc and cba to dps.. sucks too big

If you're planning on doing 10 mans, and you enjoy it, I'd say moonkin. Moonkins are SOOOOOOO useful it's ridiculous.

-5% spell crit
    -3% spell haste
    -13% more spell damage to bosses
    -Innervates
    -Can heal if needed
    -Good damage

And the /dance alone is worth speccing balance! MOOOONKINNNNNNNN.

Quote Originally Posted by Chumpp
    If you're planning on doing 10 mans, and you enjoy it, I'd say moonkin. Moonkins are SOOOOOOO useful it's ridiculous.

-5% spell crit
    -3% spell haste
    -Innervates
    -Can heal if needed
    -Good damage

Imba SAID and you still forgot the CR :b

Quote Originally Posted by Chumpp

-5% spell crit
    -3% spell haste
    -Innervates
    -Can heal if needed
    -Good damage

Yes, one is useful. A second is a wasted raidslot.

There'll always be a shortage of tanks and healers. Get a tanking and a healing set and you'll be wanted in almost any grp/raid.

Ah, yeah, I forgot battle rez, too. And /facepalm @ spots. Have you missed the entire WOTLK message? You don't have to be a certain class to get into raids anymore...all dps is competitive. Moonkins are no exception, they can hold their own on damage and having more innervates/brezes is never a bad thing. Again, if your guild is a 10 man setup, I'd strongly recommend this because it's loads of fun!