Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ret Pally Nerf Hotfix going Live

Ok it's official, GC is at least wanting to get more data to determine if the ret nerf was overboard:
    \
    We are going to hotfix the nerfs to Judgement of the Wise (from 33% to 15%) and Seal and Judgement of Command (down 20% damage) to live.
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/5/11855...t-build-2.html

Finally I can get to see if all the whining was justified... at 70! YAY!!!

What about lvl 80? anyone on the beta have a chance to try it out in arenas/pvp? I saw the vid of someone fighting training dummies but that's crap for indications of what the effect will be in pvp.

Re: Ret Pally Nerf Hotfix going Live

Is this change live as of now?

I believe it will go with tonight's maintenance. Not absolutely sure though... gonna log and verify if it's in place now.

Edit: tooltip still says 33%. I'm guessing tonight's maintenance.

They've reduced us to three attacks in PVE to stay sustainable... on purpose?
    I'd trade some damage to be able to push more buttons. I thought they wanted the class to be fun?

Quote Originally Posted by Grangin
    edit: tooltip still says 33%. I'm guessing tonight's maintenance.
    Don't trust the tooltip, they may have changed the ability without updating the tooltip.

Why isn't all the intended adjustments going live right now? PvP atm is horrible, it's really enjoyable to test your new abilities and your opponents new moves, then you meet a full retri team and they faceroll you to death.

I don't blame the retris, deny a child candy for a couple of months and then plonk down a 5kg+ bag of their favorites in front of their noses... though I'd wish they at least had some grace, crying like children "I'm canceling my account!" "Sign this petition, save retri!" and other rubbish, If any other class/spec got an IWIN button (bubble + JoJ + hammerstun + "flying hammer of 3k+ crits") you wouldn't be crying if Blizzard corrected it.

Quote Originally Posted by Telethon
    They've reduced us to three attacks in PVE to stay sustainable... on purpose?
    I'd trade some damage to be able to push more buttons. I thought they wanted the class to be fun?
    Did you not play a paladin pre-3.0.2 patch?

All it mainly was, was CS -> Judgement -> Re-seal (Not to let your weapon auto-attack without a Seal on it and not to let CS be affected by re-sealing)

Tooltips can't be trusted, it has to be tested with in-game theorycrafting. Divine Storm STILL says it does Holy Damage but it's doing Physical.

pre 3.0 i had a macro that judged and auto resealed.
    now i have one that uses crus strike and divine storm.

its still 2 buttons. i see what you did there?

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

To maximize damage you were also using consecrate and taking potions (mana/haste/insane strength) on every timer. In many cases, you were throwing out exorcisms as well. With the potion changes you'll be stuck in the standby that they want you to do... judge/CS/DS. The advantage of JotW was that you could throw in consecrates or exorcisms as you saw fit - and being that involved in your cooldowns made things like positioning more difficult. You'd also be able to throw an occasional flash heal on those that need it and then there are the hands to think of.

You must also realize, pre-hit and expertise cap, your judgments can miss or be dodged. Your gear will have 0 int on it so you're looking at base mana as your total mana. In other words, it won't be long until you have no room for any creative license in your rotation. To me, that's a boring setup. It may not be for some but I'm fairly certain if these changes stay and my math is correct, you're going to see a lot of ret pallies retiring in favor of a dps DK.

So, what if we start "ninjaing" shaman enhancement gear?
    Your you're own enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Girlyman
    So, what if we start "ninjaing" shaman enhancement gear?
    I SMELL RIOT!!!

sham gear no longer has str. agil and ap not so good.

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species

Quote Originally Posted by malkaviano
    I SMELL RIOT!!!
    You mean all 3 shamans left will complain?

Not sure what stats Retribution paladins use, but Enhancement shamans have been reworked from the ground and they practically take hunter gear now. They get attack power from Agi and Int, but not from Str anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by b37x
    Don't trust the tooltip, they may have changed the ability without updating the tooltip.
    I did tests on training dummies, and JotW is still returning ~1k mana when judging.

I was able to maintain 1200dps in s2 gear with consecrate, and 1k dps without consecrate. I never ran out of mana in both instances (over the course of 4 minutes).

I've calculated that with the nerf going live with the hotfix, my dps will be reduced 900 dps from 1k without consecrate. This is assuming that seal procs (which account for about 75k total) will get reduced by 15k, and judgement damage (which accounts for about 35k) will get reduced by 7k. I did about 250k damage without consecrate over 4 minutes, so dividing by 4 and then by 60 that would approximate to 1041; subtracting 22k from 250k and dividing by 4 and then 60 it's around 950 dps.

So all in all it's not absolutely horrible. It's about 90% of where we used to be, without considering consecrate.

If you consider consecrate, then it's worse. It's about 80% of where we used to be. Which is upsetting.

I think they will rebuff seal/judgement damage IMO. Without consecrate our PvE damage will suffer too much. And GC has made it clear they don't want us using AoE abilities on single target mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by KriLL3
    Why isn't all the intended adjustments going live right now? PvP atm is horrible, it's really enjoyable to test your new abilities and your opponents new moves, then you meet a full retri team and they faceroll you to death.

I don't blame the retris, deny a child candy for a couple of months and then plonk down a 5kg+ bag of their favorites in front of their noses... though I'd wish they at least had some grace, crying like children "I'm canceling my account!" "Sign this petition, save retri!" and other rubbish, If any other class/spec got an IWIN button (bubble + JoJ + hammerstun + "flying hammer of 3k+ crits") you wouldn't be crying if Blizzard corrected it.
    why do you troll? or use arguments that are old about content that doesn't matter? do you really think you can get a good idea at 70 pvp what it will be like at 80 when most classes get new spells or better rank one? should a spec just be crap for the whole intirer duration of a MMO? ARE REt to OP at 70 NO are they OP YES they are OP why can't you see the game is based at 80 now?

Quote Originally Posted by Qiqel
    You mean all 3 shamans left will complain?

Not sure what stats Retribution paladins use, but Enhancement shamans have been reworked from the ground and they practically take hunter gear now. They get attack power from Agi and Int, but not from Str anymore.
    No, they still get AP from strength IIRC, but only 1 per instead of 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble
    No, they still get AP from strength IIRC, but only 1 per instead of 2.
    which is great if you have level 50 greens

Quote Originally Posted by KriLL3

Truth!

If you do add Consecration or healing, your mana should drop down lower. You're making a choice not to be sustainable in order to do something else.
    LOL Is he fucking joking? Seriously? Making a choice NOT to be sustainable???? If healing wasn't supposed to happen then why did they add the fucking insta Flash of Light?? And don't get me started on consecrate, EVERY paladin uses that to do damage, who wouldn't?? What a fucking joke excuse that shit is.

It's live now. Did some testing and i ran oom after doin some aoe abilities. Not sure how my dps stacks up yet, but i'm def being more careful.