Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Horde and Alliance join forces to defeat Arthas.

Envojus ur trying and god bless you for that but read some lore.. theramore is created after the battle for mount Hyjal, it was the place where Jaina took her refuges after the battle was over.
    "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind." ~ Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherCollins
    Ya I know it's a game, I've been crafting since 96. I love all of warcraft's lore and story. As an idea this good teaming up to save the world. But if it were an actual event, having to grp up with the people and guilds I've been ganked and camped by for years doesnt work for me. I wouldnt want some gnome winning my lewts. There is an alliance and horde Fedelesa it's perfectly fine to play the game with that in mind if we choose since we pay for it. Also, had I never played WoW and the story continued from wc3 the way it was as everyone grp hugging I wouldn't have any problem with teaming up with alliance or even playing them. It didn't, and now after a few years of being horde being attacked by ally it makes a difference
    It's funny, my greatest rival in PVP(I am Alliance Mainly) was another Warrior in my realm. We would have epic battles back and forth. We actually became RL friends. I don't take it too seriously I guess. I love playing the game, but I rather have a nice community and rivalry versus a hate relationship with anyone, in-game or out of game. Not saying that you do or anything, just saying in general.

Getting camped in a PVP server is the norm. Getting killed while a few mobs are on you is annoying at best. I always return the favor and keep moving. I guess coming from a Low Pop server gives me a different view on the opposite faction and I can actually see myself working together with just about anyone. Your well thought our argument with regards to your dislike of the other faction gives me no reason to flame your or disagree with you.

I just think people need to chill and have fun with all aspects of the game. A cool mind will more often then not be able to achieve his/her goals versus a closed minded cave man.

Different Strokes for Different Folks. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Liardy
    @Aknot
    That is actually kinda complicated and it looks like one of both parties will be standing around and waiting alot? How about you join lfg system as a group or a player for that instance and before you actually enter the instance there is a waiting area where by some magical spell the horde/alliance language barrier is lifted and we all speak Common?
    I dont like the idea of having "full" communication. (granted Vent circumvents this) Simple words and phrases "lets go, need x min, hold on, etc" yes.

Well that's the idea of having to rely on one another. Maybe time each part when they are "split". Just like those "movies" where whats his face has to shut down the tractor beam and you have no clue if he is going to. You just need to wait as long as possible and hope he does. If not all fail. Maybe have it like Thrall and get 3 tries at certain points.

Something of this magnitude requires teamwork with your faction not to mention theirs to complete a common goal. To me this is for the leets. Until it gets nerfed....

Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

As far as loot goes:

Blizz could make items for each faction drop on bosses that way only that faction gets a certain type of loot and the factions don't pvp over the item.

I like this idea, a lot.

Before entering the zone, only speaking ability is through Vent.

Upon entering the zone, all language in zone is readable by both factions.

Loot is dropped; but each faction can only dispense that faction's loot.

After leaving zone, pvp not enabled for 2 minutes; or possibly not enabled at all ala Shat now.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Liardy
    Envojus ur trying and god bless you for that but read some lore.. theramore is created after the battle for mount Hyjal, it was the place where Jaina took her refuges after the battle was over.
    God bless i checked

Wowwiki:
    The exact time of Theramore's founding isn't clear (sources differ as to whether it was founded before or after the Battle of Mt. Hyjal), but the role of the citadel is important in the tale of the Founding of the orc nation, Durotar.
    On topic :
    I really want another AQ event or even like Sunwell, but i wouldnt like to fight along allys on a boss fight. Also, blizz said they wont make raids more then 25 ppl, 50 ppl would be hardcore.

Okay i will explain why it wont happen.

"SPOILERS!!!!"

This be filler

Varian Wrynn declares war on the horde officially.

15+ Year Old Account

This is a good idea.

Won't happen, but its a good idea.

I'm going to post it in the suggestion thread nonetheless.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

I like the idea, and I actually think Blizzard mentioned something like this pre-bc whereas The battle of mount hyjal was going to be both hordes and alliance fighting together against the enemy. The thoughts I got in my head when I heard this was very similar to this idea.

I like it, but not going to happen.

At least not in WotLK ^^

I like the idea and thought this was going to happen after experiencing the Wrathgate event, but then... gah! Politics! :P

it would be fun just like the Aq event.

Quote Originally Posted by zelosjr
    Wrong.

The alliance didn't exist yet. It was just Humans and Dwarves.
    The night elves also were far from enemies of the humans, they were more on neutral ground. Not nessisarily allied but not against them.
    I would say that its was the alliance and the horde with the exception of NE. Gnomes has always been allies with the dwarfes. Tho they never made an apperance before wow. They also had high elfs on thier side.
    And the orcs that fought Arcimonde had trolls and taurens on thier side. Tho not Undeads.

Thing is that Thrall and Jaina are good friends without them they would probably have ripped thier heads off.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandt
    Gnomes has always been allies with the dwarfes. Tho they never made an apperance before wow.
    So who were flying those Gnomish Flying Machines in Warcraft 2? Maybe they were just called that because they were actually really tiny planes. What about Gyrocopters in WC3? Flown by exceptionally small Dwarves perhaps? :P

I think its both possible and logical that we team up, so to speak, to defeat the more immediate threat. But on a player-level and going by realm statistics, there will be several realms with Horde:Alliance imbalances, so its extremely unlikely as there wouldnt be enough t8/9 Alliance/Horde on imbalanced realms.

Not that im the wet blanket...
    Lag - Network related. High server response time, stop downloading.
    Low FPS - Your computer can't keep up with the game - buy a better one

Dalaran doesn't lag (often) your pc just sucks.

RIP Paul Gray

Did you guys the see the Wrathgate cinematic? No? Unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by Comprise
    Did you guys the see the Wrathgate cinematic? No? Unfortunate.
    Is that addressed at the people saying it's not going to happen, or that people that say it will?

My guess is that you've seen it on some website without actually completing the chain and think that becuase of this we team up for the greater good. That does seem logical and would've been all for it, but unfortunateky life/wow isn't always like that. As the quest chain continues, you'll be suprised what happens. I actually facepalmed.

worst idea ever lol
    if i see that tiny speck of a red name behind a tree = pvp gear on an hunt them down!!!
    if i glimpse "moral decay" tags i hope theres a big bunch off them, preferably the whole guild at summoning stone so we can swhipe on top off them from the air and annihilate them right b4 they enter bt,
    the feeling you get when attacked by 4 horde after killing them or exiting SM (headless) event with bubble+wings is XTC!!

a raid together without killing each other, besides holy pala uses holy shock ot insta heal the tauren warrior MT, oops... sorry^^
    my divine storm attacking 3 horde rogues, ... my bad^^
    rofl i can think of some more cool things happening

Most of you guys who are saying "I HATE "ALLIANCE/HORDE" TEY ALL NEEDZ 2 DAI" probably won't ever even hit that point in raiding Arthas. I personally think it would be a cool idea, as it does make sense lore wise. Enemy of my enemy is my friend? The majority of the best guilds I doubt would have a problem with this, assuming Blizzard could figure out a way to make it work. They don't really care about "for teh horde" and "for teh alliance" crap. End game raiding is end game raiding, no matter who it's with, and is just as rewarding.

As for the epic PvP ending, would be pretty cool in theory, but how would loot work out? Who gets to be the Master Looter? Etc...

An Aldor vs Scryer event might have been fun. Maybe a BG where you thought it was going to be Horde vs Alliance but it switches out to a battle between factions.

I raid with my guild, i do not want to raid with others.
    and lets not even get into the state of horde // Ally "friend levels" after the wrathgate

what would be nice (possibly) would be some more compatition in raiding between guilds.
    perhaps bonus loot dropping off the first server kill each weekly reset of a end raid boss.

so guilds would race each other to clear naxx25 each week and such.
    thats about the only thing i can think that could work well.

i dont even know why the horde and alliance are 2 different factions half the time.

we went to OL and had a common enemy. we shared a capital city.

we're at each others throats 15 feet outside the city but just inside all of a sudden everyone is civil cause some guards are around?

now we are fighting arthas and the plague, again a joint effort, but were still on different teams. its kinda weak.

I dont think putting alliance and horde as friendly is the answer, but there should be more things happening that make us want to loathe the other side more and more. Maybe city invasions on random timers by NPCs of the other faction, or wtf do i know. Anything really, something to make it more horde vs alliance.