What do you think

Now I'm stating this purely from a pvp perspective since I never got in groups since I was a retadin or unless they wanted me to tank it.

Now i'm just like most people out there am quite tired of all this qq about ret is dead, and yes I am also a ret pally. So instead of joining in with my brothers I'm going to state the problem that I notice in my time as a ret and offer some ways that will help us while not distrubing the force or balance if you may.(Come on people think about it this game will never be balance someone will always be OP and UP thats just reality)

The problem I notice from retadins is like what most have already stated, the lack of interupt, a snare,or a distance closer. Notice that I didn't mention a MS ability because i think we already too much like warriors(Especially since Divine Storm has become nothing but a glorifed talented Whirlwind). Also notice i didn't say CC either since we have enough utility as it is and pure class don't need us taking more of thier stuff. Now i've learn how to counter casting classes so i can live without the interupt, but i feel we really do need a snare of some kind snare or distace closer. The reason we need one of these is because even with these new talents ret is still easy as hell to kite. Yes we have BoF but that is easily spellstolen or dispell then the debuff or snare is place back on us( I didn't forget cleasne but classes not get talents that keep stuff from getting dispel and that waste out increasing small mana pool). A way that can help us is by adding a secondary effect to Crusader strike that reduce that person speed by 30% for 4 sec, so that way is not to strong but still useful.

Now for that problem that lead to us being god form the (stupidly) short amount of time our burst. I believe Blizz was justifed in nerfing our burst although they could have left some of the seals alone since they hurt my counterparts prot, and holy(who need all the love they can get). Now I like the change to Art of War since it does lessen our burst but increase sustain damage. The change made to Righteous Vengance was a move in the right direction but i still have some doubts. First i hate how deep it is in the tree since it feels unrewarding that deep in the tree while armwarriors have to spend only 12 talents before they can get it. Second allow it to proc off of Crusade strike as well. I think that these might help ret acheive something that we always wanted to be viable.(If i want to OP i just gank people on my rouge lol). If we can get something like this i'm postive all the qq will die down, but still now is a good time to be ret.( I just don't want to be lolret again i dealt with that long enough.

Now i'm sorry for the overly long speech but I wanted to get my thoughts out there and is open to other sugestions,but please don't troll or try to flame me since I'm just trying to be constructive.

Re: What do you think

Go back to playing your "rouge."

You list of concerns(interrupt{which you have}, snare{you move faster than others already}, and distance closer) is new and exciting. Really.

I've been seeing paladins asking for a secondary effect on CS for a while now, Blizzard hasn't done it. If it's anything like asking for Enrage and Flurry to be unlinked, you've got another 3 and a half years to wait for it to be done.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Tigercat think about this Yes we do move faster with PoJ(15%) but most talents do the same for them and if it don't then they just enchant it in the boots( about a 8% speed increase) which is barely notice able, then u add that with lag and its like its not really there most of the time.

But as far whay you said about Blizz response time you might be rite, lets justhope this time is different.

Also you can't really quailify as HoJ as a interupt come on now be serious in with good timing u might can use it like one tho otherwise its just a stun

IMO, an implementation of a "distance closing" ability to Pally would result in a QQ-fest from casters/hunters and the like.

I mean if you closed in on a clothie, I'd assume you'd be able to have him dead right?

Not really If we get a snare then we don't need a distance closer. I think we need one or another not both, but people today are greedy and will try to have thier cake and eat it to lol. Also the distace closer can be on long cooldown like repentance ensuring that it only get use on in combat