Message to all those ret pallies out there.

Okay... Here it goes.

When 3.0.2 came out, My pally was 63, and I rushed that pally to 70 as fast as I could... And the instant I hit 70, I was wearing quest blues and greens, a level 68 mace, went into bg's and was steamrolling every single class out there... It was fun... DAMN fun... I had more fun during those couple of weeks, than I had in all my time playing WoW. However... That was OVERPOWERED... When I could kill people who worked hard on S2, S3, S4, and I could still kill them? That's just not right... Perhaps these recent "Nerfs" have been a little over the top... But I'm not so certain. Granted, YES, We can't steamroll everything anymore. But, with a little support, we still can.

Look at it this way... During that time, everyone was QQing that ret pallies were OP, and they were. So many people Ret pallies included, couldn't be that wrong. Maybe Blizz got a little overzealous, but, who cares? At least we're not as gimp as we were... Unable to quest grind without sitting to drink every few kills, or sacraficing almost all our DPS just so we don't have to sit and drink all the time. We are VASTLY better than whence we came.

I still see a few classes that are MORE OP than pallies... Rogues... Mages...

I just don't like all these people complaining that ret is OP because we have a bubble we can fight through. So? And a rogue can't stunlock you till you die? Okay, we have trinket.. Use that, Stun. Bubble? Vanish, wait for bubble to go away, sap, then stunlock. Mages iceblock? 30 second "Forebearance?" yea... That makes sense bliz... Let em have a talent (If they spec frost) that lets them pop it a second time in 1 min... Not only that, give em talents that reduce the CD, Rogues too! Rogues vanish is what... 3 min now? 2.5 with talents? Something stupid like that. Gj blizzard... Giving them escapes, When everyone complains about 1 thing that can only be used 1 time every 5 min. That make sense.

One thing ret pallies have to realize...

(well... Several...)

Retribution is our only DPS spec, YES, but we are not soley DPS characters. We are HYBRIDS, and here's why....

The only solid DPS classes are, Warrior, Rogue, And Mage. Technically, Rogue and mage are the only ones who have no choice, they DPS or they don't play.

And here's why we're hybrids, and they aren't.

We have buffs, Rogues don't. (Selfish bastards...)

We have Heals, Warriors don't.

We have Versatility in many different situations, Mages don't.

We have many seals/judgement combo's we can use at any time, that allow us to do many different things, without changing spec, without even hampering us much if at all. (Changing from judge light, to judge wisdom, as an example, doesn't hurt us at ALL!)

Whereas, if a mage want's to CC, or a rogue wants to CC, or a warrior wants to do something other than bash something's brains in... They have to change from DPS to do something else.

We can heal, we can be invulnerable, We can buff, we can even do/use things that help the party/raid, and STILL DPS. There are few classes that share this exact versatility. And because we have this huge versatility, Utility, Purpose... We have to sacrifice something somewhere... We aren't rogues, warriors, or mages... We are paladins. We take a hit on the DPS so we can support our raid, provide assistance to whatever we're doing, at all times... We are not the do all, end all... At least... Not anymore.

Live with it.

Remember, though, Blizzard said this would even out at 80... And if it doesn't... I have full faith in them to do something to change the game (Even if only slightly) to make it so that the game really does balance out.

Granted, with so many different classes, specs, and PLAYERS (Skill and wit) it will be impossible, to make it so you have an even chance of beating everyone out there, as they have on you. But remember, this is a game, we all love it, or we wouldn't pay the 15 bucks a month to play. If you feel you have been cheated out of something because blizz hates you, Then stop playing... Pick up Farcry, or Dead Space, or hell, Even Diablo 3! Something other than WoW... because all you people that say "Blizz can go suck my !@$%" aren't helping anything. This is a GAME, if you don't like a certain aspect of it, roll something else, or leave. Trust me, no one will miss you.

--Tsashi.

P.S. Wow... Didn't mean to rant THAT much...

Re: Message to all those ret pallies out there.

I don`t want to blame you but if hunter and locks don`t want to dps,what do they do?

I'm terribly sorry... I was counting the current OP classes... I completely forgot about them.

YES Hunters and warlocks are also PURE DPS! Though, Hunter pets have a lot of versatility, and BM isn't sole DPS... it's relying on that pet a lot... So is demo, I wouldn't go so far as to call them hybrids, they aren't by any means. But you see my point... I didn't mean to exclude those from the pack of DPSers

--Tsashi.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsashi
    When I could kill people who worked hard on S2, S3, S4--Tsashi.
    i lol'd.
    what you fought sir, are failures.
    and s2 is shit

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Quote Originally Posted by Mysmere
    i lol'd.
    what you fought sir, are failures.
    and s2 is shit
    Hi, I'm 502 resi S4 lock and I have been killed by retribution wearing S1/T4 level gear. One in blues was barely survivable mostly because they just couldn't kill me during bubble+wings as they had no clue how to stay in melee...

When 3.0.2 came out, My pally was 63, and I rushed that pally to 70 as fast as I could...
    Does that make you a FotM ?

I still see a few classes that are MORE OP than pallies... Rogues... Mages...
    No, they are not, Paladins were over the top OP, and have been nerfed (maybe a trickle too much)

The only solid DPS classes are, Warrior, Rogue, And Mage.
    Warriors are hybrids, not a DPS class...

We can heal, we can be invulnerable, We can buff, we can even do/use things that help the party/raid, and STILL DPS.
    You spec ret, you only DPS; sure you can throw a heal in an "Oh sh*t" moment, but that will gimp the DPS.
    No class/spec can DPS and Heal at the same time

Remember, though, Blizzard said this would even out at 80... And if it doesn't... I have full faith in them to do something to change the game (Even if only slightly) to make it so that the game really does balance out.
    Agree, paladins calm down, it will all work out in the end. If you are not happy with the changes, then make constructive posts about it.

This is a GAME, if you don't like a certain aspect of it, roll something else, or leave. Trust me, no one will miss you.
    OR, you can try to adapt and try to change some aspects by making constructive post

Why can't I upload images for my signature

you obviusly havent played with paladin enough
    specialy if you only became 70 after 3.0.2

if you have played paladin for a good ammount of time before 3.0.2 you would understand why people are so pissed up
    lets hope that paladin wont be nerfed back to the state of useless it was in before so you wont find out
    (even though its very close)

Have half the nerfs hit live?

Yes.

Is ret still roflstomping everyone?

I am. If you aren't you got some issues.

Will the rest of the nerfs go through?

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_
    Hi, I'm 502 resi S4 lock and I have been killed by retribution wearing S1/T4 level gear. One in blues was barely survivable mostly because they just couldn't kill me during bubble+wings as they had no clue how to stay in melee...
    My locks pvp gear is currently S2 level gear, and i can easily take down S2-S3 pallies due to fear, and i am destro
    If in doubt afk out

01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110011 01110101 01100011 01101011

"The only solid DPS classes are, Warrior, Rogue, And Mage. Technically, Rogue and mage are the only ones who have no choice, they DPS or they don't play"

You Fail! all classes that can act as another thing than just dps is a hybrid..thats why u fail on above.

And all "hybrids" as u call ous puts out heavy dps this days..if u cant stand it..gues what quit wow then, cant say i will miss u and all other bastards qq´ing abouth pallys

And to the lock who has 502 resilence...go play tetris cous u dont know jack ass on how to play a lock if u get killed that easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cebeaj
    My locks pvp gear is currently S2 level gear, and i can easily take down S2-S3 pallies due to fear, and i am destro
    Because fear goes through bubble and controls the paladin.

Oh wait...

Because fear goes through bubble and controls the paladin.

Oh wait...
    If the ret bubbles, run away fast as you can... you never had this thought?

oh wait Rogues can do the same thing?
    Oh wait
    oh wait
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Quote Originally Posted by Cronk
    If the ret bubbles, run away fast as you can... you never had this thought?
    iam noob :'(
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Stood in the Fire DaveTheHunter's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Being able to "steamroll" people at lvl 70 is not the concern really here. Granted it caused a lot of QQ, but they're trying to balance around lvl 80.

FYI, all the nerfs that the boards are so alive about already took effect for the most part as hotfixes. The patch just changed the tooltips and released the official notes. The patch was, in reality, a bit of a buff with the addition of the "deep wounds" type effect. I can still go into bg's (I admit i don't arena, pvp is just weekend fun for me as a break from raiding) and steamroll people just like i could before 3.03.

And to reiterate, If you're getting wtfpwnd at lvl 70 by a ret pally, WHO CARES. Lvl 70 is all but dead now and all you should be worried about is how you're going to get to 80 on whatever class you play and L2P so that you don't get wtfpwnd.

No class/spec can DPS and Heal at the same time
    Sure we can! Judgement of light/Divine storm! go go healing meters

BAAAAWWW!
    Oh wait, you're not whining...
    WTF?