Thread: 15/5/51?

15/5/51?

This was an idea that I thought of, with Art of War giving free FoL for most spells that we use, why not make it almost mana free to boot.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sxhbxZ0xZVfbx0IucMsguho

This is deep enough in Holy to get Illumination with getting everything mandatory for PvE.

Note this is a pure PvE spec

With the right macro this can help offheal and the crit chance of FoL with the now generalized 'Crit' the spell crit is near 40% right now at 70.

Yes No Maybe?

Re: 15/5/51?

I vote no. If you're the dps in a group or raid, you need to focus on doing damage. Let the healers be the primary healers, they have better gear and more optimal specs/glyphs.

The only thing i can see I'm losing in terms of DPS from the Ret tree is Righteous Vengeance, with that new change, I don't know how the debuff will turn out. With that in mind, where would I put the other 10 points with the idea of pure PvE

I like aspects of it but also agree that for full DPS your going to want Righteous Vengeance.

Right now with Ret you can heal pretty dang well with a set of healer gear. Even full dps mode (with attk gear on) if you have to stop swinging to save the main healer it's worth the mana/time to do so and a HL is quite a chunk of hitpoints.

Illumination works well with Holy Light because its such a pig to cast. An instant FoL is still only a drop in the bucket of any Pally's manapool and you wouldn't be chaining them enough to make a substantial difference with Illumination.

Since your headed into the Prot tree for Divine Strength, 2 points into Guardian's Favor would give you more opportunities to save others and help them control aggro.

I like the out-of-box thinking though!

Quote Originally Posted by LoLHoly
    ~SNIP~

Right now with Ret you can heal pretty dang well with a set of healer gear. Even full dps mode (with attk gear on) if you have to stop swinging to save the main healer it's worth the mana/time to do so and a HL is quite a chunk of hitpoints.

~SNIP~
    Again, I don't know how much difference the new Righteous Vengeance will increase in DPS atm.

In the first post I mentioned a macro, which should reduce some of the time it takes to heal the MT which would in idea be

/target (Main tank)
    /cast Flash of Light
    /targetlasttarget

This is the macro I made for enhancement shamans when they were able to get 2/5 T5.

The Guardians Favor is something I might look into because that might be a good idea/better plan.

Robinhood,

You're not sure how much dps RV will provide. That's fair.

I'm not sure how much hps your FoL spam will provide. Also how much of it will be over healing?

Anyway, if you want to give it a shot at least use a better macro:

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=<name of tank>] Flash of Light;

That build is ok if u want to do many 5 mans ,heroic 5 mans and even normal 10 mans , solo etc. U can heal very well if u have good healing gear with retri with that build if needed. Bonus to healing is nice but nothing spectacular when playing in retri gear.

So basicly versatile build , but not good for serious pvp , and not good for end game pve :P

Depands what u like and what u need.

Quote Originally Posted by StormScion
    That build is ok if u want to do many 5 mans ,heroic 5 mans and even normal 10 mans , solo etc. U can heal very well if u have good healing gear with retri with that build if needed. Bonus to healing is nice but nothing spectacular when playing in retri gear.

So basicly versatile build , but not good for serious pvp , and not good for end game pve :P

Depands what u like and what u need.
    Thats what I was aiming for. With this spec I wasnt planning on being in healing gear, was planning on helping the healing part of the spec, with the instant FoL and make it better while still in Ret gear.

Pre Patch I was Prot in Badge/T5 gear and accumulated over the summer 800+ (give or take, I spent them all) badges and would think it's probably going to be the same deal in WotLK

Quote Originally Posted by robinhood36
    Again, I don't know how much difference the new Righteous Vengeance will increase in DPS atm.

In the first post I mentioned a macro, which should reduce some of the time it takes to heal the MT which would in idea be

/target (Main tank)
    /cast Flash of Light
    /targetlasttarget

This is the macro I made for enhancement shamans when they were able to get 2/5 T5.

The Guardians Favor is something I might look into because that might be a good idea/better plan.
    You would better off with focus macros for tank healing.

As stated above, not endgame or "srs" pve or pvp build but something you could have fun with. It is not "bad" for PvE but it is not the "best".

With the new RV, I'm thinking 5/5 Fant is warranted to keep RV up. Tossing out thoughts....