Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How is Holy looking for wotlk?

is it looking good? ive been playing around with the talent calc and it seems good for pvp/pve any comments on this?
    i am ret but im going to go with my rogue for dps, i was just wondering if holy was good.

Re: How is Holy looking for wotlk?

I find it funny that no one has replied in this thread before me, its so blatantly obvious that holy needs a shove in the right direction.

HI IM RETRIBUTIOLN I HIT
    Macalister, Paladin on whichever realm I play on.
    http://www.pacifismguild.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    They can keep their Holy Light, Holy Shock, and Flash of Light rank ups! If that isn't enough!

That was a fake quote BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Fadibo
    I think about 50% of holy palas were forced to quit when Sunwell hit. 50% more are probably gonna quit with the "new old" vision that Blizzard has about the spec. Welcome to the class of no new healing spells forever - Thats Paladins acording to GC. Holy palas are just fine - rock bottom. Thats how Blizzard likes it.

This is how we are atm.

i don't know wether i am going holy or retri in wotlk, depends on what my guild wants me to be, but for holy i came up with this spec:

Holy/Ret, since ret gives you +8% crit now on you're spells aswell and not only physical attacks but all spells aswell,

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...00000000000000

All the talents you need from holy + an extra 8% crit in retri , from talents alone you get +19% crit in Holy Lights and Shocks
    also the 10% mana reduction on instant spells from ret is pretty nice for cleanse and holy shock

Quote Originally Posted by Fadibo
    I think about 50% of holy palas were forced to quit when Sunwell hit. 50% more are probably gonna quit with the "new old" vision that Blizzard has about the spec. Welcome to the class of no new healing spells forever - Thats Paladins acording to GC. Holy palas are just fine - rock bottom. Thats how Blizzard likes it.
    People think it's just some conspiracy theory, but I am won over. When you look at Blizzard's actions instead of just listening to their words, it's pretty clear what their direction for this class is: niche and secondary jobs.

Until I see Paladins in 2v2 and 3v3 high ranking teams, or see tankadins as a common MT or see Rets near the top of the WWS averages, I won't believe that they want this class as a viable option for large roles in this game.

I play holy Pally @ 80 on Beta with full t7/naxx epics and I think the holy hate is a little premature. I top most healing meters and never go oom. HS is great now and the only real issue i have is the duration/range on bacon (relying on it to heal the tank atm is just crazy since he doesnt get half the heals). If they were to fix bacon id be very happy. But yea, other then that I think holy pally is quite good at the moment. That being said, I havnt played much of the other healers @ 80 but I have played the all @ 70.

Edit: This is the PvE build I use at the moment

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...00000000000000

Short Answers, Issues Raised (since a year ago) and How they were Addressed by blizzard:

Interrupt/Lockdown vulnerability in PvP:
    *You have bubble

Manaburn and empty pool regeneration vulnerability in PvP:
    *Divine Plea
    Otherwise *You have bubble

Multi target healing in PvE
    *Glyph
    *Beacon

Cleanse, the state of:
    *You can remove 3 things at once already
    *You have bubble

Holy DPS:
    *HS CD reduced to 6 sec

Holy levelling:
    *You have bubble

Holy is the same for WOTLK as it has been for a while: worst in class.

The same thing seems to be happening to prot and ret. I really don't want to do it, I've been playing paly since day 1 of the original WoW, but I might reroll DK.

Quote Originally Posted by Macalister
    I find it funny that no one has replied in this thread before me, its so blatantly obvious that holy needs a shove in the right direction.

HI IM RETRIBUTIOLN I HIT
    I think most of us thought it was a troll trying to start fires.

It doesn't take but 5 mins reading to figure out that 99% of Holy pallies are screwed. The geared 1% that can use Beacon of Light effectively in a raid or group are thrilled.

Heres a quick answer:

Most of our talents suck.
    Most of the ret talents are BETTER for healing than the holy ones
    We still have crap for CC's unless you get repentance from Ret's side
    Most of the Ret adjustments lately have also simultaneously impacted Holy & Prot.
    Bubble is great for prolonging the inevitable...death.

It's a classic case of looking great on paper but failing at life.

/sigh, we still raid with holy. We finished raiding before 3.0 hit and Sunwell became silly. Too bad you quit 'cause you don't like the way things go.

Tanks will always need to be healed and I'd rather have a holy paladin doing that job than anyone else.

Gotta love the QQ. Holy is way better than people who bitch think it is. Of course you might not even have to try to find a raid spot if this many idiots are jumping ship

we only had 3 holy specced pally players for all tbc content.
    me, i'm rerolling rogue, our girl pally is gonna re-reroll back to her priest, and our third pally /gquit, after he whined about pallys being shit for over a year (he's the pally officer) and everbody was fed up with it. though i think he wanted to reroll ret before quiting the guild

us two remaining ex-pally-players, we're still trying to persuade our GL that realy noone deserves to play holy in its current state, and the a raid without holy realy is not missing anything vital...
    Greetings Undead. Wonderful day to be alive, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenark
    we only had 3 holy specced pally players for all tbc content.
    And no protadin, looks like you guys were being brought for buffs.

us two remaining ex-pally-players, we're still trying to persuade our GL that realy noone deserves to play holy in its current state, and the a raid without holy realy is not missing anything vital...
    Your GM is right. Paladins have a place in raids. At the very least 1 needs to heal.

There are 25 raid slots. You need to earn it now instead of having "necessary buff X". Salv is gone (thank God). So you really can only bring one failadin spec'd for the necessary kings buff. Makes more sense for ret to get kings at 80. So have your fail paladin spec ret instead.

we had 3 holy pallys. l2read. one prot, one/two rets.
    yes we were brought for buffs and because still there are people out there that believe that the only thing a holy can do is MT heal and that no other class/specc can do that as good, which quite obvisouly isn't true anymore.
    as our buffs are gone (which i'm glad for) and our healing is realy just droplets compared to any other healer, I feel that a holy pally isn't needed anymore.
    just take a prot and a ret for the buffs you like (no need for might since we have like 5 warriors standing in line for that buff place) and an untalented BoW is just as nice as a talented one.
    Greetings Undead. Wonderful day to be alive, isn't it?

Good holy paladins will do fine. Bad ones will still suck. In PvE, that is.

In pvp, go ret. Unless you have a truly exceptional partner, or you have a great 5s team, you don't have a chance in Arenas. They haven't fixed one damn thing about why we are so bad in Arena. Almost zero offensive capabilities, and we're STILL the most easily locked down class in the game.

It's not that we're so terrible, it's that all the other healers are better choices/have better tools for PvP than we do.

we had 3 holy pallys. l2read. one prot, one/two rets.
    OK, you had FAR too many paladins.

the only thing a holy can do is MT heal and that no other class/specc can do that as good, which quite obvisouly isn't true anymore.
    Keep telling yourself that. I'm sure that if you justify it in your own mind. Being proven otherwise won't change matters.

Quote Originally Posted by zarondd
    Short Answers, Issues Raised (since a year ago) and How they were Addressed by blizzard:

Interrupt/Lockdown vulnerability in PvP:
    *You have bubble

Manaburn and empty pool regeneration vulnerability in PvP:
    *Divine Plea
    Otherwise *You have bubble

Multi target healing in PvE
    *Glyph
    *Beacon

Cleanse, the state of:
    *You can remove 3 things at once already
    *You have bubble

Holy DPS:
    *HS CD reduced to 6 sec

Holy levelling:
    *You have bubble
    With the exceptions of the manaburn and holy leveling issues, I see no problems here, although I think a bigger perk to dealing with CC/interrupts than bubble are the talents/abilities pallies have like stoicism, concentration aura, hand of freedom, etc.

Regarding manaburn and oom mana regen, specifically... sure, it's a weakness, but guess what? Every class has weaknesses and strengths. Get used to it.

And as to the holy leveling... don't level as holy. Priests don't run around leveling as discipline, shamans don't level as resto, druids don't level as resto, mages don't level as arcane, etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Einzweidrei
    And as to the holy leveling... don't level as holy. Priests don't run around leveling as discipline, shamans don't level as resto, druids don't level as resto, mages don't level as arcane, etc. etc.
    A few do, and they are saints to come across for instance runs but... I like questing.