Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Wild Growth Changes

Id like to hear some opinions on the changes to Wild Growth/CoH, i personally feel as though it is an unwarranted Nerf, but that because I make sure to balance out my healing amongst as many of my spells as I can, its rather ridiculous that people feel that spamming wild growth is a valid healing style, but then again I'm not you, and it does work, though not as well as an adaptive rotation.

So lets have those COMMENTS!

Re: Wild Growth Changes

As a raid leader, i will stack shamans again.

Koumaru

There's a reason priests spam CoH and druids now spam Wild Growth: it works. In any situation in which several players are taking unavoidable damage at the same time, there's no reason not to spam an AoE heal.

The change is just a bald-faced nerf.

Welcome back to your supremacy, Brain Heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrakech
    As a raid leader, i will stack shamans again.
    Shamans are better for tankhealing as it is now

a pro resto druid could always out heal a shaman pre or post lvl 80 talents if ur qqing about not having an op aoe heal also u need to reroll and get some dicks

well as for coh change...
    it was priest's main spell in last months. thanks to this spell alone priests were topping healing meters and were far above resto shams. i understand that blizz wants to change this and make this 41 point talent less... class defining for priest and return shams to best raid healer role. however adding 6 secs cd to it seems more like breaking it. imo they should just increase mana cost slightly and reduce healing.

as for WG... as a druid obviously i dont really like this nerf, and i dont believe this spell would ever be OP, nor would it allow us to replace shamans in raid healing. i dont know what druid spams wild growth only but im sure he would be much more effective if he weaved some blooms and rejuvs inbetween. ok, there are some fights where u spam WG 60% of the time. felmyst is best example here. but even then using WG only is more like fail to me :S. thats why WG nerf doesnt seem so hard to me. right now i was speccing for WG only for felmyst, twins and maybe muru. and even then i was using it every few secs. so 6 sec cd will be annoying but it wont change my healing style drastically
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Blizzard broke CoH by giving it a "smart heal" component, and now they're "fixing" it by making it unusable in raids. Nicely done IMO.

It doesn't need to be 6 seconds.

As a druid, I personally am not a WG spammer so the change to WG won't hurt me much, but I can see that not being able to spam it (at all) can be very dangerous... especially given the way it works. It's a "smart" heal that determines the targets it effects based on the damage they've taken, but it can easily target players I did not intend to target. So when I feel the need to cast it, I usually cast it more than once to try to get enough people effected by it.

3 seconds would probably be reasonable, but 6 seconds is just too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Koumaru
    Welcome back to your supremacy, Brain Heal.
    well, tbh, CoH and WG are even easier to heal with, since those are instant and even in target is topped, 4/5 of CH arent wasted, chainheal is casted, and when target is topped, you loose half of your effective healing (give or take) or you have to decide to stop it with the risk that ppl will die in those 2+ secs, when you are casting it again.

so again, which of those heals does need less brain?

tho 6s nerf is something i dont like, manacost increase could do the job too.

i cant belive that ppl are crying!

i jummped of hapiness when i read about the 6sec CD!
    NOW priests will have to learn to heal! not spam 1 button!

i had a crapy priest in a guild that i was in...when he/she whent 4 the COH spec..hey look at that he/she was up up up on healing meaters..and ppl wore like "oh he/she learned how to play?"...hell no!

well anyway..i dont mind ^^...gif the 6 sec CD! and finaly proper priests will stand out again =)

Koumaru

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz
    so again, which of those heals does need less brain?
    Eh, I haven't even played resto since 3.0.2, so I haven't gotten to try out WG with or without the cooldown.

I just wanted an excuse to make a reference to that hilarious BT for Baddies "strategy" guide. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by durtled
    a pro resto druid could always out heal a shaman pre or post lvl 80 talents if ur qqing about not having an op aoe heal also u need to reroll and get some dicks

~This~

Koumaru

Quote Originally Posted by durtled
    In before the inevitable "you need to raid with better resto shamans" post...

some fights resto shammies are gonna heal more
    some fight druids will

its not like evem wit WG as its sits now that a skilled resto druid can beat a skilled resto shammy 100% of the time, imo all wg did was make our healing close to theres not overpass it
    before on some fights resto shammies would leave everyone inc coh priests in the dust, although im firm with the belief that a druid should never be beat by a coh priest if there good

Quote Originally Posted by Freawine
    i cant belive that ppl are crying!

i jummped of hapiness when i read about the 6sec CD!
    NOW priests will have to learn to heal! not spam 1 button!

i had a crapy priest in a guild that i was in...when he/she whent 4 the COH spec..hey look at that he/she was up up up on healing meaters..and ppl wore like "oh he/she learned how to play?"...hell no!

well anyway..i dont mind ^^...gif the 6 sec CD! and finaly proper priests will stand out again =)
    well you got some point here, and thats what blizz had in their minds as well. to make priests not 1 button spam class. but on the other hand coh was the main reason priests were so wanted in raids. wouldnt be nice if they were broken now because of this cd. but as for this we will have to test it in raids...
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by micaah
    some fights resto shammies are gonna heal more
    some fight druids will

its not like evem wit WG as its sits now that a skilled resto druid can beat a skilled resto shammy 100% of the time, imo all wg did was make our healing close to theres not overpass it
    before on some fights resto shammies would leave everyone inc coh priests in the dust, although im firm with the belief that a druid should never be beat by a coh priest if there good
    It is really differential on how a fight plays out and how long or how often aoe dmg happens to call this combined with what role your assigned. In BT (least on illidan for me) it was difficult to beat a coh priest or shammy at times because of the aoe dmg during phase 2 and phase 4 especially if phase 4 happens several times. However, now we've killed him without a demon phase so its not too difficult, even without WG, to win the meters. Then again, with other classes spamming heals on the tank its hard to get a edge in direct heal wise.

Besides, on najentus, I don't think a resto could win that meter, especially before WG... the 8.5k dmg is healed by priests and shammys way too fast for the hots to be effective.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeman95
    It is really differential on how a fight plays out and how long or how often aoe dmg happens to call this combined with what role your assigned. In BT (least on illidan for me) it was difficult to beat a coh priest or shammy at times because of the aoe dmg during phase 2 and phase 4 especially if phase 4 happens several times. However, now we've killed him without a demon phase so its not too difficult, even without WG, to win the meters. Then again, with other classes spamming heals on the tank its hard to get a edge in direct heal wise.

Besides, on najentus, I don't think a resto could win that meter, especially before WG... the 8.5k dmg is healed by priests and shammys way too fast for the hots to be effective.
    Some nights I was able to smash our shamans and priests on Naj with rolling multiple lifeblooms on the raid and bomb healing regrowth the second the shield broke. I had to eat like two innervates to make it work but I won. >_>

who the fuck care who healed the most the important thing is if your leader ask you to make sure X group survive aoe damage or to heal X tank and that you do it well with no loss the job is done.

Its not like DPS meter where you need to check it just so you make sure the slacker doesnt get ez-epics for no consummable and attendance only.
    The only moment you need to watch it is on trash pull with resetting the meter as i do to make sure theres not 1-2 healer going on follow afk until next boss making the other healer work harder.

Do the job dont over-heal too much and thats it.

i played my resto druid up to illidan and for most of the time i was the only resto druid we had, so i was mostly on the main tank, as such it was very fight dependent on which boss i would heal for more. while i could have kinda been an aoe healer, obviously shamans and priests were better at it and only on certain fights where i was just tossing out hot after hot on different people cause everyone was taking damage would i be on top. even compared to the other main tank healers i generally wasn't higher then them becuase if they were doing there job by spamming direct heals, i would only get a tick or 2 from a hot before they got topped off.

anyway, i stopped before sunwell and started again around the patch and went boomkin for fun, so i dont have much experience with WG, but considering its instant, cheap and all the other changes made to the rest of our spells, it seems really easy to do w/e u were doing before the patch and just toss out WG's every few spells. i dont really like the change to it, but i can see how the spell could be viewed as too good atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambobarbq
    who the fuck care who healed the most the important thing is if your leader ask you to make sure X group survive aoe damage or to heal X tank and that you do it well with no loss the job is done.

Its not like DPS meter where you need to check it just so you make sure the slacker doesnt get ez-epics for no consummable and attendance only.
    The only moment you need to watch it is on trash pull with resetting the meter as i do to make sure theres not 1-2 healer going on follow afk until next boss making the other healer work harder.

Do the job dont over-heal too much and thats it.
    as a healer your job is to heal everyone who needs healing thats in range of you and possibly to get in range of those who aren't to heal them as well. unless it takes every second you have to keep your assigned target(s) alive, your a bad healer if you dont try to heal other people.

your right in that it doesn't matter as much as dps, i have been in raids with healers who healed less then the MT(earth shield, lifebloom final heal and w/e else got credited to them)and those people weren't just unlucky or there gear was vastly inferior, they sucked and needed to be replaced. if a fight calls for a certain amount of healers and 1 heals for much less or is stupid enough that 80% of his heals cast were over heals, then they need to change there play style. until we all hit 80 and see what it's like(will prob be several more changes to all classes along the way), we shouldn't really judge the changes to harshly.

Spamming wild growth is just dumb
    The only thing it does is refreshing the same buff over and over again
    Putting a 6s cd on it wont really change my heals rotation cuz i usually never use it more than once every 4-6 sec, depending on the fight
    And guess what
    I still follow priests on healing meters
    Sometimes im #1
    Dont tell me that the other healers in my raid suck cuz they dont
    I played RRs with druids better geared than me and Ive still owned them on the meters
    Its all about how good you know your class and how good are your decisions of your choices of healing spells you cast

Quote Originally Posted by Flanky
    Shamans are better for tankhealing as it is now
    Best tank healers are still paladins, with druids applying HoTs. With 1-2 Paladins and the reciprocate on druids for HoTs (1 Pala x2 Druids or x2 pala x1 druids) it'll be enough to keep up your MTs. I still see no reason why this should change, allowing you to get x2 shamans and x2 priests for your healing roster.
    The change is a good one I must admit. Healing classes were the only ones NOT to be homogenized and I like it. I, as a druid main, welcome the "nerf" as I am proud to roll HoTs and spamming RG instead of a brainless AoE healing activity.
    The best healer is NOT necessarily the one on top of the healing meters but those who throw the heals that matter. Just as the BEST tanks don't have to be the ones with the best gear/stats but those who have the best situational awareness. The best DPSer is not necessarily that one which can top the meter once every full moon, but that which can provide smart DPS at a steady pace.
    This is just my take on the game, I know I went off topic a bit, but I see several posts about nerf this and "this sucks". I'd rather see posts asking about what instruments I can use to increment the core issues that are necessary to improve your game.