Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: Prot 11 Point Talent Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Applegarth
    Well than you would have to find something else to base it off of then, I mean I dont know it wouldnt work without crit for ret and with it for prot. It has to be a juggle, something prot wants and ret can use as the filler pvp/dps talent.

so yea, we would need another type of system
    thats the problem with this whole thread in general. nobody really cares about the otherside. retadins want something to compensate for the PVP beating they recently took, and protadins for the most part want something PvE geared. i am no better of course, my suggestion(s) was designed soley for tanking, and with one exception did nothing at all for ret and that was only incidental

EDIT: here it is, so you dont have to go digging for it

Quote Originally Posted by psicorp
    try this one.

master shieldsman.

after dodging or parrying an attack, your total block value increases by 20% for 4 seconds or two attacks.

after blocking an attack or fully resisting a spell, you gain 5% chance to parry or dodge an attack for 5 seconds or 2 attacks

an alternative version is any time you dodge parry or block an attack you gain a buff decreasing spell damage taken by 15% for 5 seconds

another idea takes BoS and moves it to the 11 pointer, and the new 21 pointer

Zealot

5 minute cooldown.

for the next 20 seconds you become immune to all effects which remove control of your character, you become immune to all mana drain effects and your chance to resist spells is increases by 50% of your block chance

major tweaking needed

and lastly.

hero, or sacred warrior.

you heal your party or raid by 2% of your total damage taken. this heal causes a large amount of threat

an alternative version is .5% of your total health every time you block
    all hail king frost strike

I'm sorry, maybe I'm stupid or something, but can someone explain why we need a single target pull? Whats wrong with Righteous Defense? I've never had problems with it, if I'm not paying attention and DPS pulls aggro or adds, just hit RD and take them, and provided the healer isn't mentally handicapped or A.D.D. and watching something shiny in the corner of his screen, I'll live and the run goes on. That being said, if you really want a single target pull, glyph Avenger's Shield to hit one target for 100% more damage, so your hitting instantly for 2-3k (Slightly off topic, but does the +30% damage to Avenger's Shield get added before or after the glyph? I mean if glyph'd, it'd go from 130% -> 260% or just 230%? Added 30% from skill after Avenger's Shield.), then a judgement, HotR, Consecrate etc etc.
    'Sides, are we really having threat problems anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by MrPistachio View Post
    Bornakk lifts the cup of coffee up to his mouth...
    ...when the Scythe of Elune comes crashing through it.
    ???: I can't you let you brew that, Starbucks!

Quote Originally Posted by Thyce
    I'm sorry, maybe I'm stupid or something, but can someone explain why we need a single target pull? Whats wrong with Righteous Defense? I've never had problems with it, if I'm not paying attention and DPS pulls aggro or adds, just hit RD and take them, and provided the healer isn't mentally handicapped or A.D.D. and watching something shiny in the corner of his screen, I'll live and the run goes on. That being said, if you really want a single target pull, glyph Avenger's Shield to hit one target for 100% more damage, so your hitting instantly for 2-3k (Slightly off topic, but does the +30% damage to Avenger's Shield get added before or after the glyph? I mean if glyph'd, it'd go from 130% -> 260% or just 230%? Added 30% from skill after Avenger's Shield.), then a judgement, HotR, Consecrate etc etc.
    'Sides, are we really having threat problems anymore?
    we dont. some of the retadins want us to have it because they want to take it for pvp use as a distance closer. the only one i saw that had any prot applications at all was a veriant that worked on allies and reduced there threat. so you pulled a friendly unit out of harms way and helped regain aggro. seems like just taunting the mob would work better, but then, some mobs are immune and again, its kind of a nifty idea. other then that we dont

Maybe something like this:

Bastion of Order:

Your judgement spell causes an additional effect based on your current seal:

Wisdom / Blood - Triggers the Seal of Wisdom effect.
    Light / Command - Triggers the Seal of Light effect.
    Vengeance / Corruption / Righteousness - Increases your block value by 10% for 12 seconds.
    Justice - Immobilises and silences the target for 3 seconds.

That gives more threat+mitigation for prot and a little regen or health for holy and ret. Justice is just kinda thrown in because no one really uses it as a seal anyway (though it might get used in pvp a little as an opener to bait a caster into trinketing etc.).

I would personally really like to see taunt/interrupt spell, to help with the problems prot palas have with taunting, and a more reliable interrupt would be nice aswell, replacing the current HoJ one.
    Since it causes damage it would be on GCD like earthshock and mocking blow. That coupled with a fairly long CD means it doesn't replace Righteous Defense as the main taunt. Again with the long CD and the fact that it will drain ret palies mana, means it's not an attack you will spam.
    For holy it's nice with an extra damage spell in pvp.

My idea, stealing abit from the D2 spell:
    Fist of Heavens wowtooltip

Fist of Heavens Rank 7
    25 % of Base Mana 25 yd range
    Instant 20 sec cooldown

Instantly blasts the target with heavenly
    force, causing 1368 to 1392 Holy damage.
    It also taunts the target to attack you and
    interrupts spellcasting and prevents any
    spell in that school from being cast for 2 sec.

Quote Originally Posted by Emrus
    I would personally really like to see taunt/interrupt spell, to help with the problems prot palas have with taunting, and a more reliable interrupt would be nice aswell, replacing the current HoJ one.
    Since it causes damage it would be on GCD like earthshock and mocking blow. That coupled with a fairly long CD means it doesn't replace Righteous Defense as the main taunt. Again with the long CD and the fact that it will drain ret palies mana, means it's not an attack you will spam.
    For holy it's nice with an extra damage spell in pvp.

My idea, stealing abit from the D2 spell:
    Fist of Heavens wowtooltip

Fist of Heavens Rank 7
    25 % of Base Mana 25 yd range

Instant 20 sec cooldown

Instantly blasts the target with heavenly
    force, causing 1368 to 1392 Holy damage.
    It also taunts the target to attack you and
    interrupts spellcasting and prevents any
    spell in that school from being cast for 2 sec.
    Too high mana cost and I don`t like the idea for homogenizing every class into a ghost of another one.

Surge of Light:

When actiated reduces the Damage you take by 10% every attack that hits you increases it by 5 up to a Maximum of 25%, if it reaches 25% or you dodge block or parry the Built up light brusts forth, dealing Holy Damage to the target.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish8586
    I tihnk wehn naruto uses teh spirit bomb on vegeta den he will b defeated and tehn he can fite teh homonclus taht ed made cuz he cant cuz its his mawm!!! ^______________________^

Quote Originally Posted by Utal
    Surge of Light:

When actiated reduces the Damage you take by 10% every attack that hits you increases it by 5 up to a Maximum of 25%, if it reaches 25% or you dodge block or parry the Built up light brusts forth, dealing Holy Damage to the target.
    well it sounds pretty good to me, but its like my master shieldsman or holy warrior, seems less useful to ret. plus, if i read it right, wouldnt avoiding an attack early cause the effect to cancel early, denying yourself the mitigation buff?