Some changes were actually damage buffs (RV / AoW)

Righteous Vengeance was definitely buffed, as 40% > 25%.

Art of War now gives a flat increase of 10%, which is more than the 20% crit bonus unless you sport 50+% crit. The old bonus would roughly translate into 6,6% at 33% crit, so yep: another buff.

Ret is fine.

Re: Some changes were actually damage buffs (RV / AoW)

Quote Originally Posted by Sidon
    Righteous Vengeance was definitely buffed, as 40% > 25%.

Art of War now gives a flat increase of 10%, which is more than the 20% crit bonus unless you sport 50+% crit. The old bonus would roughly translate into 6,6% at 33% crit, so yep: another buff.

Ret is fine.
    Did you take into consideration the fact that judgement has an extra 25% crit chance when talented and is our hardest hitting ability? just a thought.
    probably a nerf for me since in pve my judgement crits 70% of the time pve buffed and everything else like 45% of the time.
    Im in sunwell gear though so its probably a nerf for well geared paladin and a buff for anyone else.

yeah but then when you judge it hits for 10% then RV takes 40% into a DoT so buff for everyone not just the well geared

Both were nerf to burst.

RV was probably a damage nerf considering the amount of crit ret usually pushes for.

AoW was a damage buff for the exact reasons you mentioned.

What a pain... having 55~60% crit during a boss and nearly 100% on judgements is somewhat bad until blizzard is going to fix RV refreshing/stacking.
    But I heard that at level 80 we will have less crit than today.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Jedi
    But I heard that at level 80 we will have less crit than today.
    Yes you will. Because crit rating scales with level, higher level = less crit chance from rating.

This isn't a bad thing however because even the most terrible scrubs are walking around with s2 (roughly on par with t5). At 80, everyone will be back to blues and t7 (t4) so crit, hit, haste, etc numbers will go down. I remember hearing the same complaints from rogues when TBC came out.

Glad to hear, I mostly prefer a -10% crit chance with equal gear than today so the +10% damage will not be really wasted...
    (ie: 30% unbuffed instead of 40% unbuffed, like I am now).

hehe im laughin my ass off here, rofl i always got told go for crit go for crit instead i went for strenght and only took crit as bonus rofl my damage went up insanely due to this

Quote Originally Posted by sillverhair
    hehe im laughin my ass off here, rofl i always got told go for crit go for crit instead i went for strenght and only took crit as bonus rofl my damage went up insanely due to this
    How sad, Rets are losing their minds :/

Made by myself while I'm bored..

No one should stack crit. But just from our talents alone (3% hrt of crus + 5% Conviction + 3% sanc seals) we get 11% crit. With even a decent set of gear that is putting you in mid 30% range. Top-end gear puts you, raid buffed, at 50% or more. Gems are for str. Enchants are for str. Gear gives you enough hit + crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Luthius
    How sad, Rets are losing their minds :/
    nah lol but im not kidding, my gear is sufficiently high that i dont need to gear for crit
    i got somewhere along 50-55% crit raidbuffed as stated above so its not really needed to gem/enchant for crit
    atm im trying to get enough haste gear so that my 3.8 weapon goes for 2.5 (at 2.65 atm with wf)

Think about it.

They nerfed burst and tried to give more sustainable damage. What would be optimal for more sustainable damage? Strength.

Gem strength, then AP, then Crit (make sure you're hit capped at 9% with all those yellow sockets before gemming crit).

Paladins are kinda like the new combat swords except we still do a fair amount of yellow damage without spamming sinister strike (we mash other buttons instead).

RV is somewhat of a nerf depending on the fight, AoW is somewhat of a buff.

Quote Originally Posted by sillverhair
    nah lol but im not kidding, my gear is sufficiently high that i dont need to gear for crit
    i got somewhere along 50-55% crit raidbuffed as stated above so its not really needed to gem/enchant for crit
    atm im trying to get enough haste gear so that my 3.8 weapon goes for 2.5 (at 2.65 atm with wf)
    eh?

sustainable dmg is indeed str, but haste has become quite a good factor

basicly its like this you get strenght for sustainable dmg and you get haste so you hit faster so instead of hitting every 3.8 seconds with 500 dmg you hit every 2.8 seconds with 500 dmg = after a couple of hits you get a free + 500 dmg meaning your dmg goes up

(just pulled some numbers, these arent fixed)