what professions should a holy priest have?

i have been wondering lately, since i am going to reroll priest.
    at the moment i have alch/herb.
    my priest allways have been my farm alt.
    but since im going to be holy, is it worth it to roll for example tailoring for a set that's like frozenshadowweave and the other set?

what 2 prof's would you suggest?

im thinking a bout a profession that could boost your pve progress (so i.e. free flasks isn't needed since i got 2 other 70's that are alch.
    so it isn't a problem, just thinking wich 2 i should choose,

please tell me your opinion!

Re: what professions should a holy priest have?

Eng and mining? Just opinion
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

healers without alch stones are huge ass gimps
    so for the second prof enchanting tailoring or jewelcrafting are your best bets
    Val'anyr Completed: July 9
    Mimiron's Head
    Comablack @ magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by comablack
    so for the second prof enchanting tailoring or jewelcrafting are your best bets
    so there will still be alch stones in wotlk?

Quote Originally Posted by carsten
    so there will still be alch stones in wotlk?
    yes, http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=44322

but tailor / enchanting is good also - not just about the alcy stones sometimes

15+ Year Old Account

Enchanting/inscription. Inscription shoulder enchants are twice as good as their rep faction counterparts. Tailoring stuff so far is unimpressive with the exception of the embroideries and BoP spellthreads that require half the mats of the same BoE versions. Unless you want tons of free mats, then you go with tailoring anyhow. But enchanting/inscription will seriously boost you with ring enchants and better shoulder enchants.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by comablack
    Redeemer's Alchemist Stone was an AMAZING trinket -- pre-patch. Now that potion sickness is in the game, it's still a great trinket but hardly a reason to validate Alchemy as the must-have profession for healers.

It's still tough to say, as they all pretty much offer great benefits. If you have stockpiles of herbs set aside, leveling Inscriptions could be fairly easy. Leveling some of the others such as enchanting or engineering could be extremely costly and difficult to do from scratch (unless you have alts or guildies who can provide a lot of the mats).

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

I have a holy priest, and I decided to go with Inscriptions/Tailoring. I went with inscriptions for shoulder enchant and the ability to make some decent offhands. I chose tailoring b/c the cheaper leg enchants are nice, but also, the cloak enchants are nice, too. 300 mana every time you cast a spell is imo very nice. And it seems that in BC trinkets and what not proc fairly often, so I would assume that this would proc fairly often as well. Also, while some of the gear you can make yourself isn't the best stuff in the world, it's relatively simple to make and gets a good head start at 80. Plus, what is cooler than a flying carpet?!