1. #1

    If we had to choose

    • CoH Gains and 6 second cool down but remains "SMART" and heals for a tad more
    • CoH stays instant and no longer heals smartly allow us to know who we are healing


    What would you choose?

  2. #2

    Re: If we had to choose

    Dunno, i dont how it will be with the Cooldown :/

    But i guess it depends very much on the fight (constant aE or rnd aE)

  3. #3

    Re: If we had to choose

    People used to point and laugh at Circle, the broken child of AE healing in 2.2.x and then its scaling got buffed, and people still said it sucked because it didn't auto target like Chain does. I personally loved it, though. The healing spread around 5 people, etc. It was awesome, in my opinion. Then 2.4 came. Sunwell. Regen buff, put me in heaven.

    3.0's buff to circle was kinda dumb. The spell (if used correctly) didn't NEED to be smart. Look at Gurtogg Bloodboil, for example. Constant AoE going out, Chain Heal worked, but Circle was awesome for 5 targets, it WORKED god damnit. The point of spamming it is it didn't heal that much per hit, but it healed 5.

    Now either A) AoE damage has to be limited to not require Circle or Wild Growth,
    or B) Blizzard is only pretending to cater to the "Don't need a class/spec" ideology in a raid, where you still need resto shamans for raid healing, regardless of what they say.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  4. #4

    Re: If we had to choose

    Quote Originally Posted by Prideaux
    • CoH Gains and 6 second cool down but remains "SMART" and heals for a tad more
    • CoH stays instant and no longer heals smartly allow us to know who we are healing


    What would you choose?
    I see blizzards hesitation for having the group aspect removed - it prevents people from being forced to put group makeup as a consideration. They tried to avoid that by making most buffs raidwide, not groupwide now.

  5. #5

    Re: If we had to choose

    Quote Originally Posted by derevka
    I see blizzards hesitation for having the group aspect removed - it prevents people from being forced to put group makeup as a consideration. They tried to avoid that by making most buffs raidwide, not groupwide now.
    Yet, there's still Mana Spring, Healing Spring, Mana Tide, Hymn of Hope, Holy Nova, Prayer of Healing, Vampiric Embrace, the list goes on about "Party Buffs" that are still out there.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  6. #6

    Re: If we had to choose

    CoH will never go back to targeting a group because it will only promote stacking holy priests (1 for each group) which is completely against what they're trying to achieve in LK.

  7. #7

    Re: If we had to choose

    Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    CoH will never go back to targeting a group because it will only promote stacking holy priests (1 for each group) which is completely against what they're trying to achieve in LK.
    Huh? How does that promote stacking holy priests? If it worked like PoH, then yes... get 5 holy priests and you could have them PoH each group, but 1 CoH priest can heal all 5 groups of a 25 man raid (when I say that, I don't mean KEEP THEM ALIVE, I just mean cast CoH on them).

    Pre 3.0, CoH and CH each had limitations. CoH stayed within the group that was targeted, kinda "weak" heal, but decent sized range, instant cast. CH has the smallest range of any AoE heal, the decaying nature of it gives it a "Goldilocks" complex, cast time... but a smart heal and stronger amount healed per target.

    Post 3.0, introduce WG and make CoH smart and slightly stronger due to the new talent. CH didn't change but the raid dynamic did because now CoH is smarter and faster and WG basically helps keep everyone topped off too and this just forces CH into ridiculous overhealing. Now, will this be the case at 80? I don't know. Supposedly, it does which is why the devs are considering changes.

  8. #8

    Re: If we had to choose

    I would chose no CD

    You could have ONE holy priest who could help buffer raid damage as long as everyone's groups stayed together (like in the illidan fights), thus stacking isn't needed but it makes things easier... just like any other healing class almost...

  9. #9

    Re: If we had to choose

    Quote Originally Posted by Mataus
    Huh? How does that promote stacking holy priests? If it worked like PoH, then yes... get 5 holy priests and you could have them PoH each group, but 1 CoH priest can heal all 5 groups of a 25 man raid (when I say that, I don't mean KEEP THEM ALIVE, I just mean cast CoH on them).

    Pre 3.0, CoH and CH each had limitations. CoH stayed within the group that was targeted, kinda "weak" heal, but decent sized range, instant cast. CH has the smallest range of any AoE heal, the decaying nature of it gives it a "Goldilocks" complex, cast time... but a smart heal and stronger amount healed per target.

    Post 3.0, introduce WG and make CoH smart and slightly stronger due to the new talent. CH didn't change but the raid dynamic did because now CoH is smarter and faster and WG basically helps keep everyone topped off too and this just forces CH into ridiculous overhealing. Now, will this be the case at 80? I don't know. Supposedly, it does which is why the devs are considering changes.
    Why do you think Blizzard made all group buffs raid wide? Why did we stack shamans? so each group could get BL/Heroism, why did we take 2-3 spriests? So each mana user group could get regen... so if you change the mechanic back to group wide you will stack holy priests, 1 for each group, so you can use CoH...

    Some buffs stayed as group only but when you asses those buffs they aren't all that powerful or needed or they got nerfed (VE for example).

    You won't see blizzard return to group buffing any time soon.

  10. #10
    Schnitter
    Guest

    Re: If we had to choose

    so if you change the mechanic back to group wide you will stack holy priests, 1 for each group, so you can use CoH...
    you have no clue about CoH and priest healing

  11. #11

    Re: If we had to choose

    What you don't understand is that CoH NEVER wwas limited to your own group, it was limited to the group of the targeted player. So no need to stack priests.

  12. #12

    Re: If we had to choose

    Why do you think Blizzard made all group buffs raid wide? Why did we stack shamans? so each group could get BL/Heroism, why did we take 2-3 spriests? So each mana user group could get regen... so if you change the mechanic back to group wide you will stack holy priests, 1 for each group, so you can use CoH...

    Some buffs stayed as group only but when you asses those buffs they aren't all that powerful or needed or they got nerfed (VE for example).

    You won't see blizzard return to group buffing any time soon.
    I HATE to inform you that you have NO idea what you are talking about. CoH can be used from one group to another, the 5 people healed are ONLY in the group of the targeted person. Priest in group 1 can CoH person in group 3... only people in group 3 get healed by CoH. There is no reason to stack priests for CoH in this situation because ONE priest can heal any group in a raid.

    PoH is the priest's group only. So if priest is in group 1, they can only heal with PoH IN group 1. Now, if CoH didn't exist and you had to heal only with PoH, then yes there may be a reason to stack them. But that is not the case.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •