Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Leveling as Ret - Tanking and healing instances!

Hi,

Like many other paladins, I respeced Ret to lvl in Northrend. If you want to do the quests it's definitely the fastest way. But since there is a huge lack of healers and tanks, I barely play the DPS role in instances.

Most of the time I'm the healer and i'm amazed by what I can do as a ret with a good healing set. JotW gives me plenty of mana and an instant FoL 25% of the time, when I crit with FoL I leave a noce HoT on the tank and my HL heals for a lot !

With my T6 prot set I can really easily AoE grind the 5 man instances as the main tank, I take quite a lot of damage, but nothing a healer cannot handle.

Future looks promising for my ret spec :-)

What about you ?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Leveling as Ret - Tanking and healing instances!

Apparently Ret is SO OP now that it can Tank, Heal and DPS. Who needs Dual specs.
    Be Nice to America or we will bring Democracy to your country.

Quote Originally Posted by shockpally
    Apparently Ret is SO OP now that it can Tank, Heal and DPS. Who needs Dual specs.
    Apparantly that's how blizz want all hybrids to be able to tank/heal/DPS as needed in 5 mans afaik, so no surprise tbh.

If you couldn't tank at level regular instances with a shield before the buffs, you sucked.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    If you couldn't tank at level regular instances with a shield before the buffs, you sucked.
    We usually asked a tank to do that for us since most of us focused on the gear we are supposed to be wearing instead of collecting 3 sets.

NERF RET

We usually asked a tank to do that for us since most of us focused on the gear we are supposed to be wearing instead of collecting 3 sets.

NERF RET
    Pshh all good paladins collect 3 sets. Its called Lootwhoring, DO IT!
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Sword + board + at level ret gear is enough to do anything nonheroic. Clearly you, as defined earlier, suck.

Quote Originally Posted by antidan
    Pshh all good paladins collect 3 sets. Its called Lootwhoring, DO IT!
    Some more than 3, as you need different sets for pvp and pve. And don't get me started on resist sets.

15+ Year Old Account

Sword + board + at level ret gear is enough to do anything nonheroic. Clearly you, as defined earlier, suck.
    Let me know how that works out for you at 80 with no defense. Clearly you are talking out of your Ass. I have honestly never met a bigger liar.

Let me know how that works out for you at 80 with no defense.
    This is pretty much what I said, you can do any nonheroic without the gear. Bonus points if there's a shadow priest healing.

I've ran both sethekk and SL when I leveled up ret, those were the top two I remember. Didn't have any problems.

I suppose if you need to spec a certain way to run nonheroics, well, problem found.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco cracona
    Apparantly that's how blizz want all hybrids to be able to tank/heal/DPS as needed in 5 mans afaik, so no surprise tbh.
    Difrence is others have to spec on everything they do...

Quote Originally Posted by Tribu
    No, just no.
    This user has been permanently banned because the moderator doesn't like warlocks.

15+ Year Old Account

This is pretty much what I said, you can do any nonheroic without the gear. Bonus points if there's a shadow priest healing.

I've ran both sethekk and SL when I leveled up ret, those were the top two I remember. Didn't have any problems.

I suppose if you need to spec a certain way to run nonheroics, well, problem found.
    I ran Hmech with a shadow priest healing when i was gearing up my warrior. All it proves it how overpowered your healer is. Not how good of a player you are.

But i suppose if all you can do is have over geared players run you through stuff I have found your problem also. Once it comes to doing real content you shirk your responsibility to your group and try to coast by with the wrong spec for the wrong job. I am sure you blame others for your failures also.

Yes, except in every instance I mention the groups were made up of intelligent people, who didn't outgear the content. This was all down while I leveled up, as mentioned earlier.

You were saying?

Quote Originally Posted by Tribu
    Druids feral tree...

umm... its not b/c ret is op. Its because the instances are piss easy... You can do them all in green gear. Having good gear makes it just easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Jedi
    Druids feral tree...

Dry do the same on balance....

15+ Year Old Account

Yes, except in every instance I mention the groups were made up of intelligent people, who didn't outgear the content. This was all down while I leveled up, as mentioned earlier.

You were saying?
    I am glad you have intelligent friends to run you through stuff. You clearly need them.

Quote Originally Posted by Imam
    umm... its not b/c ret is op. Its because the instances are piss easy... You can do them all in green gear. Having good gear makes it just easier.
    I am glad you have intelligent friends to run you through stuff. You clearly need them.
    You seem to be the only one having trouble with non-heroics. I could give you a few pointers if you're interested?

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

I plan on respecting for Northrend because, oh wait, I'm already Ret. Just like in BC, I will level Ret and won't LFG and I'll get to 80 on my own terms under my own speed. 8)

I hate looking in an LFG and seeing "LF2M needs tank and heals" and the party is made up of a druid, a pally, and a shammy... so I won't add to the problem, I simply won't do dungeons with people who don't know me.

And, yes, I am a bit of an hypocritical elitist prick when it comes to hybrids.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven