Tanking with the DK

Personally i believe that tanking with the DK is exagerated as too hard by many people. I find it very easy at the moment and the only time i really have trouble is when people march in ahead of me but those people tend to be idiots anyway. The basic strategy at the moment is pull with my icy chill or whatever its called let the group gather around me then spread diseaase with my pestulance then aoe with my howling crap keep my death runes up with blood strike then repeat, far more simple than people make it out to be. BTW i am a clicker and dont need any macros for tanking. SO to all the people making wow too complicated shame on you. I hope all you macro people hate me for this.

Re: Tanking with the DK

I open with DnD, and then being Unholy, spread my diseases to as many as possible, and the DoT's do the rest. I never lose aggro. The problem with tanking is that when Bone Shield or Icebound isnt up I can get hit big time. However, I am rolling in complete DPS gear. I expect once I get to 80 and get some nice tank gear, I will be unstoppable.

Deleted

well, i tried tanking at 68 in the nexus (part outland greenies/part northrend) and the healer had a very hard time to keep me up... but thats to be expected :P

anyway... im also unholy, so my casts go like this:
    Bone armor... and wait till the unholy rune is almost back, then:
    IT-PS-PES-DnD... then when the blood is back up again, keep it on cd with bloodboil, so the bloodtalents keep your parry high. when i got enough runicpower i turn on unholyblight, and then as a second runicpower use i will use icebound fortitude when my bonearmor is down.

this should spread the dmg absorbtion through almost the entire fight.

i did notice though that doing dnd early can give you better aggro to start with, but sometimes its harder to position them back inside the effect.

I do sometimes have difficulties loosing aggro though if some person start wtfpwnpewpew nuking early.

The other thing i'm having difficulties for is looking which ability i can use at what time AND hope that the ability doesnt get resisted/missed/whatever. Pulling with icy touch, then PS thats failed to each, OR pest thats failed can seriously cause issues in the rotation.

as being a DK tank, there are so many spots to look at to tank that i do agree its sometimes hard to tank.. since we have many aggro generating abilities aswell as damage reduction abilities that we need to use do make it easier to heal us. And then if we got multiple casters to tank to see which one is casting a spell to strangulate/mindfreeze em. We also need to pay attention to see which runes are up, and how much runicpower we got to use certain abilities.

So... where are yall looking ? :P And do yall use rune strike? since sometimes its dumping runic power so fast i hardly have RP to get UB going (got RS macrod under every strike i got atm, for soloing purposes)

using magic runes addon, and placed it right under my char
    my skills are all keybound (so only have to look there like to see when my HB has cooled or so)
    other then that i just focus my sight on the mobs infront mof me to make sure none of em cuts loose

Deleted

used that, but i reckon i was too used to looking at my bars for cds.. so i disabled it. I guess i need to reenable it and get used to looking at it :P... im also using keybinds for most of my spells

btw, anyone got a suggestion how i can improve my rotation?