Re: Druid PVP

Quote Originally Posted by jneboon
    restokin ftw?
    This. In particular DS + SM ftmfw.

Quote Originally Posted by sd78
    Feral is crushing people in World PVP.

The only thing I fear is Skill Barrage spammers/Frost Mages
    Deep frost mages are brutal... just brutal.
    At least for feral, probably for other melee as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai
    Balance is a ton of fun, but be warned...you have precious few ways to escape a melee class once they lock in on you. You get one instant-cast CC with Nature's Grasp, but after that...

1. Shift and run: Rogues, Warriors and Paladins all have a way to cripple you, which can immediately slow you down after you shift. If you went anything other than bear, they get 1-3 hits on you in caster armor. If you went bear, you're not moving fast, so choose the lesser of two evils here.
    2. Cyclone: Against any decent rogue or prot warrior, this will be interrupted, locking out your entire nature school. Goodbye heals.
    3. Root again: See above
    4. War Stomp + Cyclone: Tauren only obviously, and generally only useable once per match, but it'll do in a pinch.

Balance is really played a lot like Resto in arena pvp...except you're throwing a few damage dots and some treants around. Mainly, you DoT, HoT, run, rinse, repeat. Personally I'd stick to Balance for world/bg PVP, as you usually get more time and/or room to maneuver. Go Resto if you really want to push a team into the high rankings in arenas.
    not sure where you got the idea i dont know how to play balance.. my balance set is almost entirely full brutal.. i kiiinda know what im doing. i've been lvling as feral just cause i was annoyed that my excellent balance gear was excellently ooming... im the quest greens i never stop as feral, pretty annoying, yet still kinda fun.

and yes, balance does have really fun crits but its pretty RNG if you ask me, kinda hit or miss, and you have about 15-20 seconds to win, if you dont you're on the defensive running and kiting for the rest of the match which is usually a lose.. my biggest reason why i think im going feral (for pvp) is that the damage cant be stopped or avoided (los) and for fucks sake.. my rip dot ticks harder than both of my other dots.. not to mention how many more stuns/spell interrupts feral has.

Blizz has said that their going to make one of our deeper feral talents reduce the cost of shapeshifting by 50% (additive with NS). I also saw an offhand statement saying that the mana we get from Imp. LoTP will be changed to base mana instead of total mana as we got more mana at 70 than we do at 80. Not to mention that the armor changes should not only make us MUCH more survivable in bear in PvP, but that since part of that is increasing the armor we get in general via SotF Cat form should also be a bit more durable now.

Anyway, atm it looks like it's just whatever you prefer to PvP as for choosing between balance and feral. I think that with the changes blizz has announced feral will be pretty bad ass for PvP in the future but idk for sure.

Balance is starting to play like restokin now, dots and odd casts with healing thrown in to wear down opponents, and of course if your left alone big juicy starfire crits are deadly. But if you play balance be prepared to have a tough time against casters in general, no ranged silence hurts. Unless you count typhoon which is a bit hit and miss. And ive found balance to be strongest against melee, a plate armoured caster that can heal is nasty

I would go resto, clearly it whats make us druids unique. In terms of arena atleast. I agree with you tho, that if you wanna see biiiiig dumbers go chicken and 3 shot your enemies.

For world pvp feral is the win.

Quote Originally Posted by Flanky
    I would go resto, clearly it whats make us druids unique. In terms of arena atleast. I agree with you tho, that if you wanna see biiiiig dumbers go chicken and 3 shot your enemies.

For world pvp feral is the win.
    and for dps arena? or does that not exist..

Quote Originally Posted by riceball
    and for dps arena? or does that not exist..
    i got into the 2k bracket in 3's season1 as feral, after that it was a lot of cookie cutter that raped feral rogue disc priest combos. so i went resto so i could actually arena...

Quote Originally Posted by Taurion
    Balance is starting to play like restokin now, dots and odd casts with healing thrown in to wear down opponents, and of course if your left alone big juicy starfire crits are deadly. But if you play balance be prepared to have a tough time against casters in general, no ranged silence hurts. Unless you count typhoon which is a bit hit and miss. And ive found balance to be strongest against melee, a plate armoured caster that can heal is nasty
    The 3 mysterys of the World:

1 - Who shooted JFK.
    2 - Why droods can fly in 68.
    3 - Why Boonkins have plate armor.

boomkin pvp for life doods

its simple, here's some pointers:

-pretend you are completely harmless, and most ppl assume you are anyway.

-make sure you are a dick with typhoon.

-cast starfire when you can, cuz no one like losing 7k health the minute he engage someone else.

-L2 keybind warstomp/shadowmeld

-Stay away from ret pallies unless if you have the confidence to kill him before he kills his target (usually not you), and hope to god you have starfall up.

-Trees dont scare ppl, till they crit someone for 1k

All of Time and Space, Everything that has happened or will happened, Where do you want to start?

"If you ever see a rogue, either rogue is overgear or the rogue has problems"

Quote Originally Posted by malkaviano
    The 3 mysterys of the World:

1 - Who shooted JFK.
    2 - Why droods can fly in 68.
    3 - Why Boonkins have plate armor.

druids are funny

maybe i should have made this titled "druid arena" cause im getting sick of people telling me how to do scrub bg work.. i know balance can sit in a corner and nook.. i know feral can get rng 10k crits.. can someone tell me something i DONT know about arena type situations at 80? how you do vs x and y classes and specs?

shadowmeld saves lives
    All of Time and Space, Everything that has happened or will happened, Where do you want to start?

i play 5 boomkin.

15 trees + 5x starfall = gg

Quote Originally Posted by pengwynman
    i play 5 boomkin.

15 trees + 5x starfall = gg
    and a lot of lag

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoMoonkin
    and a lot of lag
    less than you i bet.

Feral druid now have a HUGE dps boost in cat spec. I've seen some pvp specs i agree with, with rend and tear, rake glyph, infected wounds, charge in cat and bear ( in cat, charge doesnt break prowl so u can dismount ur opponents and still being stealth), berserk (huge spike dmg), and rip ticking up to 5k for 16 secs, the survival of the fittest talents, etc etc.

I think overall feral druid can be viable for arena now, but u still need to know your class very well to pop heals,innervates, etc. The problem i see is that pvp gear for feral druids lack intellect so our mana pools are so small we need to be very careful with that.

We have 2 stuns (cat prowling and bash bear) and 1 interrupt (maim 10 sec CD) and vanish (shadowmeld) that allows u to get out of combat go cat and stealth, start all over again.

So once arena is up feral druids should try some arena.

I mean I didint played preBC so i know cat ferals and pvp ferals have been non existing or just a few. People jut overlook them but now, cat spec is viable for raids and MAYBE for arena, we will see,
    blizz made a huge improvement for cat druids, but for bear druid they have a lot of hotfixes and changes to do.

So we will see what for feral druids in arena soon