Druid macros / auto shift question

hey All,

with wrath out I'm diving back into my druid. I need to play catch up on any macro changes that need to be made, as well as rewrite all of those I lost last time I stopped playing. the specific macro I'm looking for is:

If I'm in Tauren form, I go to bear form.
    If I'm in any other form, I go to Tauren form.

My vague memory of what the macro used to be was

/cast Dire Bear Form
    /cancelform

Now, it may or may not be that simple I just don't remember. Any advice?

The other question I had is autoshift. I do remember I had to turn this off in order to make my macro work. What's the command to set Autoshift? /autoshift 0? /console autoshift 0?

thanks!

Koumaru

Re: Druid macros / auto shift question

I don't remember the autoshift command offhand, and can't look it up at the moment while at work.

As for the bear macro:

/cancelform
    /cast [noform] Dire Bear Form

I think that one should work. Both lines execute simultaneously, so if you're in bear form at execution, the form is canceled and nothing else happens. If you're in tauren form, you have no form to be cancelled, and you shift to bear.

I have wondered about these macros.

Why not just bind the shifts? If you are in Cat and hit Bear it goes straight away right? If i am in a form and need to use a Caster Ability i just hit the button, IE a HoT, and it shifts me and casts the spell?

Why do you need shifting Macros. Flame me for being a moron if you like but explain the uses as well
    A closed mouth gathers no feet.

Mage, Druid, DK & Shaman,

Quote Originally Posted by Mikki
    I have wondered about these macros.

Why not just bind the shifts? If you are in Cat and hit Bear it goes straight away right? If i am in a form and need to use a Caster Ability i just hit the button, IE a HoT, and it shifts me and casts the spell?

Why do you need shifting Macros. Flame me for being a moron if you like but explain the uses as well
    agree with you, then again i might be a drood moron aswel lol

I do exactly the same, bind Cat, Bear and Moonkin (or Tree) and then just shift from form to form, or use a spell to cancel the form or press the form buttons again to de-shift.