Thread: Necrosis?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Necrosis?

Yeah, for some reason Necrosis is not recorded properly by training dummies. Otherwise does normal damage.

Still, I only have 3 points in it myself - because I have nothing better to put them on.

Crazy how many people are playing unholy... a bit of a turnoff.
    Served steaming hot, right out of the waffle grill. With just the right amount of STFU poured on top.

I'm unholy/blood mix.

I've love to see the spec of those who claim 1k dps at level 63.

Currently, at level 65 and versus a single mob, I can kill anything non-elite in one Rune rotation and my recount only puts me at about 450dps.

Icy Touch -> Plague Strike -> Blood Strike -> Blood Strike -> Obliterate

If it's not dead, a simple Death Coil and it will be.

This is me currently-
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=jfV0qccfcZZfMGI0fk00o

Level 71 here, with this spec: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=jfVMqZZfM0Iucoxcq0ssut

Pushed 1300 DPS on the lev 65 training dummy yesterday over a five minutes interval (calculated by the duration of bone armor) - Blew WOTLK blue quest trinkets at every chance, and kept Horn of Winter always up. Using all WOTLK greens and the axe from Ingvar.

Tight rotation by castsequence macro: PS->IT->BS->BS->SS->DC->SS->SS->DC

Served steaming hot, right out of the waffle grill. With just the right amount of STFU poured on top.

@ ROFL - does that rotation allow you to get your diseases from PS and IT back up? It seems like for the last half the rotation you're exclusively using your Frost and Unholy runes- do you then Bloodstrike a couple of times to get runes available to PS and IT?

I'm becoming decent with the initial rotation but I'm struggling to figure out how to chain a long duration, sustained rotation.

well I just hit lvl 64, but even at 63 I was putting out 700dps (when in instances).
    Solo I put out anywhere from 450 to 600 dps.
    I noticed an increase to overall DPS when I switched to duel wield (but probably just due to weapon upgrade).
    Character is Aggrobomb on the Llane server

I'd be interested to see how people are doing 1k dps as 63....cause I wanna do that!

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshifter
    @ ROFL - does that rotation allow you to get your diseases from PS and IT back up?  It seems like for the last half the rotation you're exclusively using your Frost and Unholy runes- do you then Bloodstrike a couple of times to get runes available to PS and IT? 

I'm becoming decent with the initial rotation but I'm struggling to figure out how to chain a long duration, sustained rotation.

Pretty much exactly as they're timing out the rotation restarts. Sometimes I get a fraction of a second without Plague, at worst, but it goes back up immediately.

I bloodstrike twice right at the beginning, after raising diseases, to get Death Runes - which then allows me to do three Scourge Strikes.

In other words, I burn:

Unholy->Frost->Blood->Blood->Unholy+Frost->Unholy+Frost->Death+Death

Then the cycle restarts.

Ahh, I get it now, thanks for the cliffnotes guide for me

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmus
    As of right now, it's been confirmed that Necrosis is bugged and isn't even working. Upon testing it on the training dummies, it only does 1 bonus shadow damage per attack.
    Necrosis isn't really bugged. The reason it only does 1 damage to target dummies is because it is based on effective damage, not total damage. As target dummies only have 1hp, your 2k hit really only does 1 effective damage -- so Necrosis only procs for 1 damage.

It was a known issue throughout beta and I'm not really sure there is any way to fix it aside from giving target dummies more health (the boss-level dummies are fine since they have ~10m hp).

edit: paragraphs are hard