Metamorhpis or Siphon Life ?

Hello I wonder if SL/FG is better for leveling then http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...h=000000000000 this one.
    Metamorphis is great when you doing elite quests and etc but is it worth going for meta instead of siphon life?

Sorry about spelling mistakes english is not my main language
    Me jolly jolly Grog

Re: Metamorhpis or Siphon Life ?

well i'm not a lock, but my girlfriend is and i watch her screen sometimes and as far as i've seen, she got a huge increase in dps and burst and dots and everything when she specced away from meta, back to aff...and i've read alot of threads stating that sl/fg is the strongest lvling build...i would go for that if my lock was more than lvl 14...
    The man they call Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Trolltrolltroll
    Telling people why you kicked them is the only way for them to know how not to do it in the next group they're in.

Seriously, imagine you're 5 years old, playing with Legos in your room, and dad comes in and slaps you around a little bit and tells you that you're grounded. What do you learn from the experience? Just that dad is an asshole.

Don't be an asshole, dad.

15+ Year Old Account

I'm lvl77 atm, did all the elite quests just fine with siphon life. Didnt spec meta and so far no elite been any problem for me to solo (except the REAL grpquests).
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IfxMbhrhoVZ0gIzsg0iccMz

is what i'm going for with the last 5 lvls points going to shadow mastery

i started at 71 with
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IdxMbhbhoZ0gIzsg0iccMz

in this build you heal your FG with the dmg you do, wich also makes it more ez to solo elite q's

Skip meta....

Siphon Life w' a felguard is THE leveling spec but doesn't raid well.

Most DPS for just turining 80 is affliction hands down.

Hope this helps
    User has been banned permanently for trolling.

I'm levelling with FG + SL!!

Dunno if full affliction is better, but for sure FG+SL is better than META!!

15+ Year Old Account

Haunt / SL > SL / FG > Everything else, levelingwise.

Meta is a DPS cooldown (PVE) or a survival mechanic vs melee (PVP) - do not take it otherwise.

SL/FG is a very popular build, but in my opinion why play 2.0 when you can play 3.0? I'm sick of my felguard and scrub 3dot builds. With haunt I can take 5 mobs at a time and my "downtime" is when i stop to drainlife one of them.

Using a 51/10/0 build at 70 I was able to be first gnome/first warlock on my realm, but you need the gear to back this up (1100+ spell power with fel armor rank 2 on). And as 'proof', I played a 68 warlock in outland greens to 80 in beta (430 spell power to start, /cry), and Felguard was MUCH better until I got the gear.

R.I.P. YARG

being the first in your real doesn't mean a lot since the world first was a FG/SL... (being realm first is more about dedication than anything else...)

I believe that the bonus you get from Demo points are larger than the bonus we get from the later points in aff! Yes, its a brainless build:
    run + dot + dot + dot + occasional FG attack...

I have no downtime at all, unless when I pull more than 6 mobs and have to drain the last one usually I can keep 3/4 mobs dotted and kill 10 or 12 this way until I need to drain one again...

why use more dots when they die with 3? they'll just die faster but that's irrelevant when you keep chainpulling... Its a waste of mana and cast time plus you can't run&farm

I do believe in the full affliction build is great and levelled a second lock with it in TBC! I know its a great build for leveling and I've tried haunt from 70 to 71, but enjoyed the fg/sl much more...

Either can be better, just depending on your playstyle!!!

saying that FG/SL is 2.0 is silly since you couldn't be FG/SL in 2.0...

15+ Year Old Account

-FG/SL = the new SL/SL. Same thing, different pet.

-Just because you have more dots, doesn't mean you use them. Having more talents that increase dps is the name of the game, such as Contagion, Dark Pact (thats 2000 life you get to keep), Malediction (3% spell power bonus), etc. And if you're crazy enough, lifetap below 20% and haunt/drain life for maximum effect out of Death's Embrace

-I could kill most pre-74 mobs with two dots, and had an aoe fear bomb to drop so they would go get me more
    -74 through 77 I could kill most mobs with two dots and my pet, with the occasional haunt/drain life combo to finish the last one off.
    -77+ I just used 3 dots.

I think the felguard is boring. I think that the tree has nothing to offer me beyond some one-trick ponies and passive crit bonuses.

R.I.P. YARG

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=16919.0

This is what the first lvl 80 based his spec of to level

Nahhh Felguard/SL or FULL affliction, Simply thats how it is, but trust me affliction you can tank like 6 mobs pretty well and at the end you may lose like 30% of health at most.

Elite quests? I solod everything with my felguard tanking, and if he didn't do the job i pulled out my voidwalker.

The demon seems kinda useless to me, it's useless in pve because of the long cooldown and in pvp, well i can see it coming in handy every once in a while, but if you're like me you figure out ways to hit your opponent without them hitting you too often, thus the armor increases is 'useless' here and the extra damage only gets your opponent down faster but you could have also killed them just a tad bit slower (maybe one extra spell, lol)

The cooldown is to long
    The duration is to long (i don't see people fighting for 30 sec anylonger, PEW PEW DEAD, that's how it goes)
    And if people would still fight 30 sec, it's still not worth wasting 51 talents in it

Quote Originally Posted by lrs078
    Skip meta....

Siphon Life w' a felguard is THE leveling spec but doesn't raid well.

Most DPS for just turining 80 is affliction hands down.

Hope this helps
    No it's not, i leveled a few levels with demonic sac and full afflication for very strong dots and i was able to take on 15 mobs at a time (just because i couldn't find a spawn with 16 mobs, if you get the picture) and end with full hp and full mana
    Leveled in 4 hours but hardly made any money
    With quests it was 4-6 hours with a lot of gold made, so i just went questing mostly with a dif spec

Unless you're trying to chain pull 15 mobs at a time for 27 hours I think siphon life for levelling is overrated. Mobs your level should be dying in 15 seconds which is too short for siphon life's effect to make a big difference. I easily kept myself fully healed after constant lifetapping just closing mobs with a drain life.