Enchant for prot pally wep?

So with the new enchants starting to get out there, what were you guys thinking of enchanting your wep with?
    65ap?
    63 Spell power?
    staying with 20 strength?

Re: Enchant for prot pally wep?

Lifeward

Quote Originally Posted by Gosig
    Lifeward
    ew...no

guess spell power... conc/hshield + soR will love it?!

I started with the +20 strength enchant on the brutilizer but quickly realized that the 50 ap was better for threat. Increased block value be damned, I'm not having trouble staying alive in dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I started with the +20 strength enchant on the brutilizer but quickly realized that the 50 ap was better for threat. Increased block value be damned, I'm not having trouble staying alive in dungeons.
    Uh, 20 Str==50 ap, you mean the 65 ap one? I'd guess 65 ap, but depends if you want 15 ap or 12.5 BV tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    Ok, block value = threat now.

Shield of Righteousness is pretty much your highest threat ability. It is 100% SBV +300 (without talents) at rank 1. With talents its 100% +390.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

It's enchanting to provide a major boost for one skill or a larger boost to all skills. It's just about increasing my dps until I'm 80.

But even in terms of DPS, holy shield slam is double the DPS of HotR, the next highest single target DPS spell, and just as cheap - when I'm soloing I'm pretty much just using SotR, HotR and judgement, as the mobs are pretty much dead after that and it cuts down on downtime.

Being twice that of HotR is a wee bit exaggerated. Maybe if you're using the spell damage weapons still.

My weapon is enchanted for max raw attack power. Which will provide the greatest benefit to my dps overall. I have no intention of staying that way at 80. Because tanking stats will be more important then.

Sticking with 20str. (Prays to the dieties at Blizzard in the new crafting patch that they add an upgraded version of crusader or upgraded potency.)

With Red sword of courage I'm hitting ~1100-1300 with HoR (non-crit) and ~2500-2800 crit.

ShoTR hits for 2100-2300 non-crit and 4900-5500 crit. I do use the BV book from Mother.

Twice HotR is what I'm seeing, 800-900 HotR, 1.6-2k (depending on the BV libram) SotR rank 1, using the hammer of quiet mourning from ZD. Good call though on the weap chain, might well be the better option, especially if they introduce more fights like council where one miss at the wrong time and the rogue runs off everywhere :P

Quote Originally Posted by wyrdone
    Sticking with 20str. (Prays to the dieties at Blizzard in the new crafting patch that they add an upgraded version of crusader or upgraded potency.)
    They do have an upgraded potency. But it's AP not Str i believe... which doesn't really make much sense to me because it's like a completely different enchant instead of an upgrade.

it's also almost identical to Savagery which is stupid. :

Yup I agree. Blizz should rename that enchant or something.

Potency = 20 Str = 46 ap + BV with 15% str Talent

Vs

Greater Potency = 50 ap but no BV due to it not being Str, instead, Straight AP.

Fair to say, I'd rather give up the 4 ap, for that yummy block value, which will carry over to your SoR

Quote Originally Posted by Ringleader
    Potency = 20 Str = 46 ap + BV with 15% str Talent

Vs

Greater Potency = 50 ap but no BV due to it not being Str, instead, Straight AP.

Fair to say, I'd rather give up the 4 ap, for that yummy block value, which will carry over to your SoR
    Greater potency is 65 AP, and you're forgetting BoK for potency which turns it into 25 buffed str which is 50 ap, 12.5 BV. You're also neglecting the also mentioned 28 hit weap chain.