Thread: Leveling Specs

Leveling Specs

hey i what is the best leveling spec between full affliction and fg/sl. I have heard and seen the video from the other person who posted saying fg/sl was better but if so i want to know why because it seems thats as full affliction you have no downtime and have good dps. thanks

Re: Leveling Specs

Quote Originally Posted by Caios
    hey i what is the best leveling spec between full affliction and fg/sl. I have heard and seen the video from the other person who posted saying fg/sl was better but if so i want to know why because it seems thats as full affliction you have no downtime and have good dps. thanks
    They both work fine... I went full aff to 71 then switched to FG/SL and have been that ever since. All it really takes to kill any mob is two dots. FG does decent damage, and you never have to heal him. You never have to heal due to driain life / siphon life / fel armor. You just dot dot dot, lifetap, tab, dot dot dot, lifetap, tab, dot dot dot, lifetap, repeat... Leave felgaurd on defensive so he attacks what you attack. You could try either, some prefer aff, I found FG/SL better / easier. Soloing elites was also easier. I also went with glyph of felgaurd / corruption.

SL/FG just due to they both have good grind style dps and the no drink/grind forever aspect but w' the felguard you have 25% dmg mitigation and are healing the both of you constantly while killing everything in sight. Both you and your pet will take more dmg as pure affliction. Unless your playstyle uses alot of fears to grind the dmg will mount up if you pull the same kind of reckless amounts of mobs at once as a FG/SL build.
    User has been banned permanently for trolling.

I levled to 80 as destro with Succy out for CC and temp tank, had little to no downtime (<3 new fel armor) and was able to solo most group quests with VW + imp health funnel.

What I’m trying to say is just pick the playstyle you like best- Warlocks are a very strong solo class and do well under any spec if played correctly.
    User has been banned permanently for trolling due to the following post:
    "Anyone else really loving the new Ghost Form Warlocks were given? You’re immune to all damage, can explore ANYWHERE uninterrupted, hear creepy music and the best part is, you can stay in that form for as long as you want. Cheesy

If you don’t know where to train “Ghost Form”, you can learn the ability for free from any melee class you encounter by clicking the “Release” confirmation window that pops up."

15+ Year Old Account

The Difference Between FG/SL and Full Affliction:

FG/SL - Your pet is 35% or more of your dps and makes up for having weaker dots, and has a weak Taunt & Cleave to hold mobs longer.

Affliction - Your pet is 20% or less of your dps but you have stronger dots. Larger ticks on your Siphon Life and having Haunt makes up for the fact that you will be tanking everything.

So what do you want? Less mobs beating on you, relying on your pet > OR < More mobs beating on your, relying on your spellpower/spells. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU WILL KILL THE SAME NUMBER OF MOBS IN THE SAME AMOUNT OF TIME. Number of mobs beating on you is only an indication of how many mobs are not beating on your pet. It's all playstyle. I prefer 100% control over my incoming damage so that when/if my pet dies I know how hard I'm going to be hit for.

I would suggest FG for a pvp server, as you will be able to have more tricks to use.

One thing to note: In my rush for 80 there was only one quest I could not do Affliction that I could have done FG/SL, and that's Malas in Zul'Drak (a lich on top of a crashed Necropolis). He hits too hard, silences, and slows you. A felguard couldve taken all that with just me casting a dot or two and healing him. Do I regret this? No, his quest reward was garbage and I came back at 80 and owned his face. Gogo demonic teleport.

R.I.P. YARG