Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Who here enjoys Wintergrasp?

Tried it a few times and damn, I thought EOTS was boring.

Assault bases with a zerg, smash PVE buildings with PVE mobs nearby ready to aggro you and if they don't come a wave of zerglings for the opposite faction comes to pay you a visit.

Any slobbering retard can straffe to stay behind the vehicle and has anyone tried rotating the siege and demolisher vehicles when you have 2 smart enemy players attacking you? Haha, I almost fell off my chair laughing at the pathetic spectacle before me.

Then when you have finally broken through the fortress walls in several places, (and I do mean several places because you get zerged so hard at one entry point its unbelievable), you are faced with the Orb and a wave of zerglings spawning nearby.

Hello AOE and hello the most useful vehicle, the lowly rank 1 vehicle. Why is a crappy rank 1 vechicle better at this stage of the fight than the others? ITS A RANK 1 LOL!.

Get 4 of those slinging into the capture area and you will win in a few minutes guaranteed.

PVP here has turned into some stale borefest that does not promote anything but zerg this or zerg that, it gets old really fast and it reminds me of WSG hold-ups that last 1+hours or more.

The only thing that benefits players over the long term is by winning to get the 2k honour badge. I doubt I will leave AV for that.

tankytankytanky

Re: Who here enjoys Wintergrasp?

I think it's awesome if you're doing it with guildies or something like that, because siege engine + guildie controlling the turret ontop of it = great fun. The PvP aspect gets killed by Tenacity most of the time though and it's more like "HOLY CARP HE'S GOT TENACITY! GET TO DA CHOPPA!" because you either rescue your sorry ass in one of those vehicles or get oneshotted (if tenacity stacked high enough). Being in the defense is less fun than being in the offense though.

If theres enough ppl then yeah, its imba fun. Ppl are still lvling, rushing for server firsts and such, farming badges when it all cools down its gonna be even more cooler

Even after the battle ends we have ppl staying there battling :P

I think it is amazing. The tenacity promtes working together, or using siege engines, and it is crazy. Gotta have good teamwork. And have you had tenacity? It makes it so much crazy fun. Its great when 12 catapults are launching giant plague barrels and flamethrowers. btw, rank 1 catapult is a good anti player vehicle, and the tank is a great wall smasher. Demolisher...havent found a niche for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul Hermit
    deathwing roars the infamous roar, and after it a sound plays and it goes
    "RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWRRRR IM A DWAGON" then boom, the background has a volcano erupts and kaelthas comes out of it

it roxor

Love it.
    Only time I hated it was when we had about 15 Alliance working up on two Horde, with many more Alliance doing idle tasks in the zone, their ridiculous Tenacity had an 85k HP Feral Druid critting about 10k, downing vehicles almost instantly. This has only happened once so far, and even with the Horde having Tenacity almost every battle, it's still a lot of fun to have a group of people working together in the zone.

I disagree with Necronomicon on the attack/defend aspect though. I find defense much more enjoyable, but that may just be because I'm very lazy and it's easier to run between turrets than drive vehicles back up to the base. >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Tural
    Love it.
    Only time I hated it was when we had about 15 Alliance working up on two Horde, with many more Alliance doing idle tasks in the zone, their ridiculous Tenacity had an 85k HP Feral Druid critting about 10k, downing vehicles almost instantly. This has only happened once so far, and even with the Horde having Tenacity almost every battle, it's still a lot of fun to have a group of people working together in the zone.

I disagree with Necronomicon on the attack/defend aspect though. I find defense much more enjoyable, but that may just be because I'm very lazy and it's easier to run between turrets than drive vehicles back up to the base. >_>
    It's enjoyable except for the small fact that is usually 10 Horde vs 25-30 ally... We get thru the wall and thats as far as you can go. The ally group is always lvl 80 warriors, pallys, dk's, druids.... why oh why!

Sucks being on a server where ally are 3 to 1 horde.

Wintergrasp is AMAZING. This is what AV should have been over three years ago.

Defensive turrets laying down fire all over the place, players launching RPGs at the tanks, tanks ramming other tanks, dozens of players in an all out melee that only gets more frenzied as the invading force closes in on the keep? So much fun. Just reading the players yelling in /raid "THEY'RE COMING THROUGH THE WEST WALL! TONS OF THEM!" and then watching the wall go down and seeing siege engines and players pour through the gap makes my day.

The smaller siege vehicles have no problem chasing players around, and that flame attack really hurts. The largest siege engines are for taking out WALLS, not people. Hint, you can carry 2 passengers and they can cast as if standing still. I frequently use the bigger siege engines as a mobile healing platform, and if players are strafing behind you, get some casters on board and tell them to do their jobs.

Only problem is Tenacidy against defenders.. that just hurts >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish8586
    I tihnk wehn naruto uses teh spirit bomb on vegeta den he will b defeated and tehn he can fite teh homonclus taht ed made cuz he cant cuz its his mawm!!! ^______________________^

Quote Originally Posted by Burner
    It's enjoyable except for the small fact that is usually 10 Horde vs 25-30 ally... We get thru the wall and thats as far as you can go. The ally group is always lvl 80 warriors, pallys, dk's, druids.... why oh why!

Sucks being on a server where ally are 3 to 1 horde.
    My realm has the same problem in ally to horde ratio however what we lack in numbers we make up for in spirit and tenacity (the meaning, not the buff). Since launch, Horde has held Wintergrasp for a great majority of the time and the only time we tend to lose it is during the night when most of our players are asleep.

Personally I absolutely love Wintergrasp and we've had some mighty epic battles so far with many many more to come.

I love it too, I specially enjoy controlling the turrents or ranking up to control the vehicles... it is very different from the bgs, which I like.
    IMO it breathes new air into WoW pvp.

I only enjoy myself every 2 and a half hours..
    For half an hour.

If you ask me, the fights should be active all the time, and every 3 hours the faction who has the hold gets the winning rewards, and the others the losing reward.

Then the fight just continues, continuously grabbing the base, back and forth, back and forth..

It's supposed to be a PvP zone, not an every 2 and a half hour BG that lasts 30 minutes..

Deleted

It's pretty fun, I wish they just removed the uber pvp gear dropping from that shit easy raidboss.

Quote Originally Posted by kidyouknow
    Demolisher...havent found a niche for it.
    anti vehicle

-----

Oh and i love wintergrasp. I only wish it lasted longer, or had less time in between games. great fun.

This is easily the best thing to happen to wow pvp for a long long time. Not since the old, epic AV games have i had so much fun in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by zalz
    If they would do that, the zone would prolly be alot less fun. Players would most likely stop showing up to the zone cause there is no point to it anymore. If it can be taken and lost at any time, there is no way to defend the keep, and the moment you turn your back on it, all your work is for nothing.

Now if you go there, you can earn a 3 hour buff for your faction, and assure you get to defend it for another round, with all it's bonusses included.

Due to the fact that it only starts once every 3 hours, the zone is actually more active and more fun. You will find more players in the way wintergrasp is right now, then compared to the idea that you have.
    Yeah, more active every 3 hours..

Outside of those 30 minutes, there simply nothing to do, beside grinding herbs for that stupid quest and mining some Titanium and Saronite nodes..

A zone dedicated to PvP shouldn't have stuff happening only once every 3 hours, it has to be PvP to the max 24/7.

I don't care what you think about losing your silly buff, but I just want to bash some heads with random people.

Deleted

that place is awesome, great fun with turrets and tanks and the feeling when you are middle fight where turrets are lauching missiles? and tanks everywhere, that gives awesome war feeling(no I dont like war in rl, wow is different :P )

but there is some downside also, few bugs that sometimes annoys me, everytime I die I lose my pvp ranks, and they go back to zero, wich shoudnt happen, also quest Slay them all doesnt count all kills and some talents not working as they would normally do for some reason...But anyway I enjoy it and it is awesome

15+ Year Old Account

Reminds me of footmen frenzy :P
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by kidyouknow
    I think it is amazing. The tenacity promtes working together, or using siege engines, and it is crazy. Gotta have good teamwork. And have you had tenacity? It makes it so much crazy fun. Its great when 12 catapults are launching giant plague barrels and flamethrowers. btw, rank 1 catapult is a good anti player vehicle, and the tank is a great wall smasher. Demolisher...havent found a niche for it.
    its time that you see a demolisher with two engineering casters on the sideseats, flinging bomb at the wall and do a hell of dps casts while moving. also its the only longrange vehicle so far...

but what i miss: there are those shredders and aircrafts? i never saw them

i herd they tok them away because of lagg :-[
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

The gun turrets while defending is one of the most fun things in WoW. I think I've perfected the art of shelling siege engines to hell before they even get near the place.