Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    thunderspank

Re: Paladins need an AE heal

I don't want an AoE heal. I like being a dedicated "pocket" healer. Generally, I always healed the same tank(s). We work well together and my tank hasn't died since the first week we started working together. However, that is 25 man raids and to a lesser extent 10 mans. Haven't got to heal any raids in wrath yet because the guild decided they wanted my hunter more this time around.

Now, in 5 man instances the only problem I have run into is when I am asked to heal and am currently specced ret to level. I throw on my holy set and heal and never have issues until the raid starts to take damage, either from being stupid or AoE damage. The reason, I am ret in holy gear. Yes I have over 10k mana but I am lacking the talents to make me more mana efficent and lacking bacon of light. Honestly, pallies don't need an AoE heal. They just need to fill their role well and their will be a raid invite for them.

Well stop already telling me how to play, making me macros etc etc. and suggestions to my healing rotation. I'm able to heal 10 mans and heroics, but i feel that there is something lacking, we need more tools, and with ALL other classes having AE I don't see any valid reason why holy paladins shouldn't have this aswell. And I cant see why people dont want an AE heal, if we get one it willl for sure have a CD and a high mana cost. It should be something we use when when everyone in the party needs some HP fast. Just because we manage without one doesn't mean that we wont need one.

Quote Originally Posted by makketota
    Well stop already telling me how to play, making me macros etc etc. and suggestions to my healing rotation. I'm able to heal 10 mans and heroics, but i feel that there is something lacking, we need more tools, and with ALL other classes having AE I don't see any valid reason why holy paladins shouldn't have this aswell. And I cant see why people dont want an AE heal, if we get one it willl for sure have a CD and a high mana cost. It should be something we use when when everyone in the party needs some HP fast.
    why?

We don't want to be EXACTLY the same as everyone else. I really don't know why that is so hard to understand. Diversity is what makes the WORLD work. Why not the World... of WARCRAFT!?!?!

haha. that was a dumb joke, but it still makes my point.

Quote Originally Posted by shyara
    why?

We don't want to be EXACTLY the same as everyone else. I really don't know why that is so hard to understand. Diversity is what makes the WORLD work. Why not the World... of WARCRAFT!?!?!

haha. that was a dumb joke, but it still makes my point.
    Its not about beeing exactly the same as everyone else, healers needs AE heal aswell as tanks needs AE tanking abilites. Tanks manage without it but its harder, healers manage without it but its harder. Also i dont want everything to be easy, its not my fault that the current content is below casual.

@ Prospekt

Do you care to give us your armory link? being in gear as good as your saying and not being able to heal without an aoe seems like a personal problem to me. that or the groups your running with are undergeared or not positioned right to not take dmg? i'm a resto druid currently boomkin cuz my healz arent up to snuff with my current gear so when we do heroics our main pally healer healz our heroics and he has no problem what so ever and we havent even gotten to naxx yet so i find it very hard to believe pally's need an AE heal that bad.

Please read my last posts, i do manage without any AE but i dont see why we cant get one.

Its not about beeing exactly the same as everyone else, healers needs AE heal aswell as tanks needs AE tanking abilites. Tanks manage without it but its harder, healers manage without it but its harder. Also i dont want everything to be easy, its not my fault that the current content is below casual.
    You don't make sense with this. You say that healers manage without an AOE heal, but it's harder. Yet in the same paragraph, you say that the current content is below casual.

Where is the problem???

If the current content is below casual, you should have no problem healing.

If it's harder, then the content is not below casual.

The problem is i want more tools, i shouldn't have to reroll to have a few more buttons to press, to make healing as a paladin more fun. A paladins single target heals is not THAT superior compared with others. Why should it be harder for a paladin than any other healing class ?

The problem is i want more tools, i shouldn't have to reroll to have a few more buttons to press, to make healing as a paladin more fun. A paladins single target heals is not THAT superior compared with others.
    Ok. I finally know the problem. It's the "I want" syndrome. Not content with what you have, you must gripe and moan until your parent caves, and buys you the piece of crap to that you feel you must have.

For most of us, there is a clear defining line between want and need.

need
       /nid/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [need] Show IPA Pronunciation
    –noun
    1. a requirement, necessary duty, or obligation: There is no need for you to go there.
    2. a lack of something wanted or deemed necessary: to fulfill the needs of the assignment.
    3. urgent want, as of something requisite: He has no need of your charity.
    4. necessity arising from the circumstances of a situation or case: There is no need to worry.
    5. a situation or time of difficulty; exigency: to help a friend in need; to be a friend in need.
    6. a condition marked by the lack of something requisite: the need for leadership.
    7. destitution; extreme poverty: The family's need is acute.
    –verb (used with object)
    8. to have need of; require: to need money.
    –verb (used without object)
    9. to be under an obligation (used as an auxiliary, typically in an interrogative or in a negative statement, and fol. by infinitive, in certain cases without to; in the 3d pers. sing. the form is need, not needs): He need not go.
    10. to be in need or want.
    11. to be necessary: There needs no apology.

want:
    want
       /wɒnt, wɔnt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [wont, wawnt] Show IPA Pronunciation
    –verb (used with object)
    1. to feel a need or a desire for; wish for: to want one's dinner; always wanting something new.
    2. to wish, need, crave, demand, or desire (often fol. by an infinitive): I want to see you. She wants to be notified.
    3. to be without or be deficient in: to want judgment; to want knowledge.
    4. to fall short by (a specified amount): The sum collected wants but a few dollars of the desired amount.
    5. to require or need: The house wants painting.
    6. to feel inclined; wish; like (often fol. by to): We can stay home if you want.
    7. to be deficient by the absence of some part or thing, or to feel or have a need (sometimes fol. by for): He did not want for abilities.
    8. to have need (usually fol. by for): If you want for anything, let him know.
    9. to be in a state of destitution, need, or poverty: She would never allow her parents to want.
    10. to be lacking or absent, as a part or thing necessary to completeness: All that wants is his signature.
    –noun
    11. something wanted or needed; necessity: My wants are few.
    12. something desired, demanded, or required: a person of childish, capricious wants.
    13. absence or deficiency of something desirable or requisite; lack: plants dying for want of rain.
    14. the state of being without something desired or needed; need: to be in want of an assistant.
    15. the state of being without the necessaries of life; destitution; poverty: a country where want is virtually unknown.

TLDR:
    need = required for use.
    want = to crave, but not required.

You may WANT an AOE heal. You do not NEED it.

Quote Originally Posted by Furbhealzor
    @ Prospekt

Do you care to give us your armory link? being in gear as good as your saying and not being able to heal without an aoe seems like a personal problem to me. that or the groups your running with are undergeared or not positioned right to not take dmg? i'm a resto druid currently boomkin cuz my healz arent up to snuff with my current gear so when we do heroics our main pally healer healz our heroics and he has no problem what so ever and we havent even gotten to naxx yet so i find it very hard to believe pally's need an AE heal that bad.
    I'm not the OP, I don't have Naxx gear.

I'm arguing with morons here, wow. And I am prospekt on Kilrogg.

Ok. I finally know the problem. It's the "I want" syndrome. Not content with what you have, you must gripe and moan until your parent caves, and buys you the piece of crap to that you feel you must have.

For most of us, there is a clear defining line between want and need.

need
       /nid/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [need] Show IPA Pronunciation
    –noun
    1. a requirement, necessary duty, or obligation: There is no need for you to go there.
    2. a lack of something wanted or deemed necessary: to fulfill the needs of the assignment.
    3. urgent want, as of something requisite: He has no need of your charity.
    4. necessity arising from the circumstances of a situation or case: There is no need to worry.
    5. a situation or time of difficulty; exigency: to help a friend in need; to be a friend in need.
    6. a condition marked by the lack of something requisite: the need for leadership.
    7. destitution; extreme poverty: The family's need is acute.
    –verb (used with object)
    8. to have need of; require: to need money.
    9. to be under an obligation (used as an auxiliary, typically in an interrogative or in a negative statement, and fol. by infinitive, in certain cases without to; in the 3d pers. sing. the form is need, not needs): He need not go.
    10. to be in need or want.
    11. to be necessary: There needs no apology.

want:
    want
       /wɒnt, wɔnt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [wont, wawnt] Show IPA Pronunciation
    –verb (used with object)
    1. to feel a need or a desire for; wish for: to want one's dinner; always wanting something new.
    2. to wish, need, crave, demand, or desire (often fol. by an infinitive): I want to see you. She wants to be notified.
    3. to be without or be deficient in: to want judgment; to want knowledge.
    4. to fall short by (a specified amount): The sum collected wants but a few dollars of the desired amount.
    5. to require or need: The house wants painting.
    6. to feel inclined; wish; like (often fol. by to): We can stay home if you want.
    7. to be deficient by the absence of some part or thing, or to feel or have a need (sometimes fol. by for): He did not want for abilities.
    8. to have need (usually fol. by for): If you want for anything, let him know.
    9. to be in a state of destitution, need, or poverty: She would never allow her parents to want.
    10. to be lacking or absent, as a part or thing necessary to completeness: All that wants is his signature.
    –noun
    11. something wanted or needed; necessity: My wants are few.
    12. something desired, demanded, or required: a person of childish, capricious wants.
    13. absence or deficiency of something desirable or requisite; lack: plants dying for want of rain.
    14. the state of being without something desired or needed; need: to be in want of an assistant.
    15. the state of being without the necessaries of life; destitution; poverty: a country where want is virtually unknown.

TLDR:
    need = required for use.
    want = to crave, but not required.

You may WANT an AOE heal. You do not NEED it.

Exactly!

The problem is i want more tools, i shouldn't have to reroll to have a few more buttons to press, to make healing as a paladin more fun. A paladins single target heals is not THAT superior compared with others. Why should it be harder for a paladin than any other healing class ?
    We have plenty of tools.  Healing now as a holy paladin is a lot more fun.  I use most of these on any given boss fight in 5/10/25 man instances.

Holy Light
    Flash of Light
    Holy Shock
    Beacon of Light
    Sacred Shield
    Judging Light/Wisdom
    Divine Illumination
    Divine Favor
    Divine Plea
    Lay on Hands
    Hammer of Wrath
    Cleanse
    Arcane Torrent (if BE)

Plenty to keep anyone busy.

And now try to make a list with healing spells priests and druids have and compare it.

And now try to make a list with healing spells priests and druids have and compare it.

there's no way to please you. You want more buttons, more things to do.

re-roll, please. If not, please stifle it, and get back to healing.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by GhostFreak
    I really hate idiots like the OP who are the reason why classes are becoming so much the same. The whole point of having different classes is because they all bring something different to a group or raid. I'm a shaman, do you see me QQ'ing about not having a druids HoT's? Do you see me QQ'ing about not being able to wear plate? People really need to realize different classes fulfill different roles. Stop asking for things that aren't yours. Want a chain heal? ROLL A SHAMAN. Want HoT's? ROLL A DRUID.

You know what? Why don't we just make all the classes into one and have them all wear anything, all have hots and chain heal, and all be able to dps and have pets. ALL AT THE SAME TIME. Do you not see why we have 10 different classes in this game? Want AoE heals? ROLL A GOD DAMN SHAMAN THEN.
    I totally agree. However jsut to nitpick, Shaman are now inferior raid healers to CoH Priests and Druids. At least we are technically still better at melee group healing. Go go Riptide+CH nuke the tank/random melee.

there's no way to please you. You want more buttons, more things to do.

re-roll, please. If not, please stifle it, and get back to healing.
    No, i shouldn't have to reroll. And it's hard to find any time for it
    when i spent all of it QQ'ing at mmo-champ forums.

We actually use all of our spells. Priests don't use every single type of heal they have. I've never come across a priest that uses Lesser Heal or Heal at least I never used them because they were not worth it. Just because they have it doesn't mean it is worth using. All the abilities I listed we actually use or you should be using at level 80. I can't comment on druids because I've never played one past level 50.

I think the real issue here isn't that an AOE heal is needed, it's just some of you holy paladins being lazy.
    When bringing a healer with AOE heals, the group can often just aoe everything down, while groups with holy paladins actually needs to cc the mobs.
    Unfair? Yes, maybe, but you're fine healing heroics when your group uses cc. Nerfs to Circle of Healing and the Wild Growth is comming.

Oh, comparing holy paladins in 10-mans vs heroics isn't right either, 10-mans is as easy as a 5-man normal level 80 instance.

And before you start flaming me assuming i play priest; I don't.
    I play a holy paladin and I have never had any problems healing, not in heroics, not in raids, not ever.

Quote Originally Posted by prospekt
    I'm not the OP, I don't have Naxx gear.

I'm arguing with morons here, wow. And I am prospekt on Kilrogg.
    My appologies prospekt thats wat i get for not re-reading the beginning after reading all the posts :P