Poll: what do u perfer parry or dodge rating?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

what is needed to tank a heroic as a paladin

hey i was wondering, im about to hit lvl 80 and what are the stats to tank heroic dungeons in general? any help would be apreciated

Re: what is needed to tank a heroic as a paladin

While parry sounds more epic (atleast imo), it shortens the swing timer, so if you parry several attacks in a row, your gonna have alot flying at you, and the healer may not be able to keep up.
    Now, that may not be accurate, because though a (fairly) successful (Cap'n Karazhan!) tank, I've never bothered to actually research the shit, but I think I'm safe to say, go for dodge.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPistachio View Post
    Bornakk lifts the cup of coffee up to his mouth...
    ...when the Scythe of Elune comes crashing through it.
    ???: I can't you let you brew that, Starbucks!

guy above me, ur so wrong on mechanics its not even funny

swing timer gets cut in half when the BOSS parry's YOU

Did you just follow the english language down an alley, hit it over the head with a blunt object, rape it, and steal its wallet?

Spelltrastrophe

yeah but mainly im speaking of what are the statitstics for heroics in general defense block dodge

15+ Year Old Account

Cap Def @ 540 then worry about additional levels of mitigation via dodge/parry/block I've seen more failure instance runs to the tank getting hit hard 1 to many times for being under the Def cap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Umm its when you are parried that the hits are gonna come at you faster so get some expertise imo. Each time you are parried the mob that parrys you will gain 60% haste on their next attack. Also to start out tanking i strongly suggest taking the improved hammer of justice it is really handy in mitigating that hard hitting mob or interupting that improtant spell when your group just isn't on the ball. The most important stat is gonna be defense to start once you have the 540 defense worry more about hit and expertise. Also beware of diminishing returns on your avoidance stats, avoidance from talents and naked stats aren't counted in diminishing returns so break out your abacus around 25% dodge and figure out how much it is dimished same with parry although parry is fairly hard to get high enough as a paladin so you really won't have to worry as much about its dimishing returns. Finally mitigation aka block rating and value is important especially once you notice your avoidance stats starting to be diminished.

Quote Originally Posted by Thyce
    While parry sounds more epic (atleast imo), it shortens the swing timer, so if you parry several attacks in a row, your gonna have alot flying at you, and the healer may not be able to keep up.
    Now, that may not be accurate, because though a (fairly) successful (Cap'n Karazhan!) tank, I've never bothered to actually research the shit, but I think I'm safe to say, go for dodge.
    just lol.

OT: You shouldn't care about getting anything but 535 defense first as that is the cap for uncritable against lvl 82 mobs wich is the highest you will encounter in heroics. If you achieve this you should be able to do heroics np. After that you just go for gear upgrades in Ilvl if same i prio Armor (wich will be the same on most even ilvl items)>Stamina>Block Value>Strenght>Excesive Defense>Dodge>Parry>Block Rating.
    In extend there is also Expertise and Hit Rating wich should come somehow naturally on your tanking gear.

thank u for a straight ansrew