Thread: Socketing

Socketing

This has probably been covered, but can weapon smiths still socket 1-handed weapons?

Re: Socketing

Anyone>?

don't think it was ever implemented, even in beta

it wasnt. the data was there for it, but they decided not to. maybe a future patch idea. i hope they will allow more items to start being socketed. im tired of finding great gear with 0 sockets and want to pass it for something a little less to give me +hit or +stam on tanking gear.

Sockets take the place of an enchant if I recall correctly. Socketing your weapon rather than enchanting it seems like a waste to me. Some speculate that is one of the reasons it was never implemented, but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by CSJenova
    Sockets take the place of an enchant if I recall correctly. Socketing your weapon rather than enchanting it seems like a waste to me. Some speculate that is one of the reasons it was never implemented, but who knows.
    No they don't.
    Sockets stack with enchants.

The only reason they weren't added is because they wanted all professions to be "equal" in terms of benefits.
    So you couldn't switch from armorsmith to weaponsmith and get the best of both for blacksmithing. All professions now give about ~ 32 stats. 2x16 as in the case of 2 sockets unless you use epic gems.

At that time hopefully engineering : the only profession that currently has NOTHING worth using over normal enchants, and tailoring which has a very very poor melee enchant for rogues will be put on par with the other professions, which all have the near exact +32 stat equivalence from their quirks.

Double BS sockets as well as the third anyone socket, do not overwrite your enchants.

The 1 hand weapon socket and the meta socket for armor smiths have been removed, which is kinda disappointing, but there's still good reason to take BS.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    Double BS sockets as well as the third anyone socket, do not overwrite your enchants.

The 1 hand weapon socket and the meta socket for armor smiths have been removed, which is kinda disappointing, but there's still good reason to take BS.
    They have not been removed, no one has said anything about them. Unless you can link me the blue post.

Quote Originally Posted by Evereghalo
    They have not been removed, no one has said anything about them. Unless you can link me the blue post.
    Well they don't currently exist. Even in beta they only showed up from datamining.