Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Can I raid MT Naxx in my current gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Blockbuster
    Isn't it so that you shouldn't use reckoning as a tank, because of the higher parry chance for the boss due to getting more hits?
    Imagine getting parried by Patchwerk in Naxx =[ He hits fast and hard enough... I was OTing him, with my judgments reducing his speed by 20%... still seemed fast as hell =[

You can do Naxx in greens. In fact, raids might even be able to do a few Naxx bosses naked.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimelos
    Imagine getting parried by Patchwerk in Naxx =[ He hits fast and hard enough... I was OTing him, with my judgments reducing his speed by 20%... still seemed fast as hell =[
    Patchwerk in WotLK was tuned to not follow parry haste mechanics.

Like very hard hitting raid bosses in the past, I would figure this is because adding parry haste into the mix would put this encounter well out of the range of possibilities for adequately geared players.

Oh okay. I'm happy to hear that. His speed even with the judgment debuff still makes me sad =[

Quote Originally Posted by underdogba
    Patchwerk in WotLK was tuned to not follow parry haste mechanics.

Like very hard hitting raid bosses in the past, I would figure this is because adding parry haste into the mix would put this encounter well out of the range of possibilities for adequately geared players.
    Hmm?
    I thought Teron did hit like a truck and still followed parry haste, hence was very much needed for everyone save the tank be behind him.

Happy to admit im wrong if i am.

I'm not sure on that Skef, but if the encounter was tuned so you COULD be in front of him because of no parry haste, any dps that moved in front of him should probably still never be invited back for a raid.

Parry haste isn't the ONLY reason to stand behind bosses, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimelos
    How much hit is = to 9%? I have only have 72 hit at the moment.
    Loremaster Papelbon - Level 80 Gnome Warlock - US Elune

Quote Originally Posted by Looneybin
    i tried to get my gear as nice as possible, if my skill is good enou should i be able to tank Naxx in my current gear and spec?

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...erenas&n=Zyraz
    Any comments or tips welcome.
    Your spec needs one simple change: 1 point out of Heart of the Crusader, 1 point out of Improved Judgements (to follow the 96969 rotation Tuxan linked above). Put those two into Judgements of the Just. The rest is just personal preference.
    I'd also recommend picking up a bit more avoidance where possible. Not sure where your block value lies, but with 800 strength and your shield, the BV should be pretty well set. Push for 102.4% wherever you can. Don't worry so much about hit/expertise (though you seem fine on both); threat is #2, surviving is #1.

Quote Originally Posted by midjetboy
    Hey guys, doing naxx in 2 days. Think I will be fine for the majority of the instance as MT?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...k&n=Hoganbozem

Have been tanking heroics fine if i get a decent healer, my avoidances seem low too me but thats what happens with such a high def cap i suppose? Any comments or anything are welcome. Thanks
    A new shield. That's the only thing that stands out to me. Anything, even the crafted Titansteel is far superior. Aim for block-capped as well, and slip a point out of Improved Judgements for 96969.

Quote Originally Posted by Blockbuster
    Isn't it so that you shouldn't use reckoning as a tank, because of the higher parry chance for the boss due to getting more hits?
    It's not so big a concern, with the increase in expertise and the whole 8 charges on Holy Shield. Reckoning is a personal choice by now, and usually it's that or Seals of the Pure. I haven't done the hardcore theorycrafting between the two (I think SotPure wins out) but since threat is (usually) a non-issue, I doubt it matters so much.
    I stream many games! WoW, SC2, TF2, old SNES games and mods, and many more! Find my stream here! I also upload many of my stream VODs and many offline recordings (usually of SC2 casts) to my YouTube, found here!. Follow, subscribe, and thanks!