DK Tanking in Naxx (Normal or Heroic)

Is it worth tanking as a DK in Naxx, or should i just go DPS.

Like would Groups/Raids take other tanks over a DK tank?

Thanks, Ihurtz

Also consider being defense cap'd and all the other good stuff

Re: DK Tanking in Naxx (Normal or Heroic)

Dont think it matters. IMO people just say Need Tank, oh look this guy says he can tank, yup he's def capped and his HP looks good, lets roll. They dont even see class. I did Naxx this weekend, MT was a Druid, OT was a DK, and OT OT was another DK.

Our guild had a druid MT before but he complains there is no leather tanking gear out there for him.
    Because of this, we have a DK MT and he has done well so far until NAXX. his dps is not at all great as frost spec so as an offtank, he does not serve a good purpose

15+ Year Old Account

(This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Thank you Nikkaszal. I have been looking for a tank who has done Naxx and it would appear your in H Naxx as well so i will refer my friend to your page. I also see more us in your spec than his as well.

Thanks that was very helpfull

Just a couple more things
    How Do i Gem my gear at 80?

And Dual Weild or Two Hander?
    Many DK's on my server are different some will use two hander other will dual weild.
    is it just what u prefer or is there a set best?

Ihurtz

The reason why people are going 2h weapons is because of this very statement:
    "Does dual-wield below the expertise cap create more incoming damage from parries than 2h? Yes."
    there is math behind this and you can find most of the statistics in the 'Parry-gib" thread but basically, 2h wepaons are better as long as you can have enough defense rating without using them.

THe parries aint such a big problem, the bigger problem is hit. DW needs at least 15% hit to be efective.

naxx 10 clear, with dk main tank (dual wield, lots of def gems) and dk off tank, too

i think, the biggest problem is, that so many ppl play DK just because its new, but are unable to do it well.

so when you KNOW how to tank, it's easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Conover59

Thanks, Ihurtz

Yes, we tank just fine and earn our spot well (as long as you dont suck there is no reason anyone should tell you to GTFO)

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ringer&n=Kaire

(off note - will be respecing tomorrow, removing 3 points from wandering plague and placing in imp IT, my crit is far to low to make WP as useful as it is for a dps spec)

Quote Originally Posted by Sergejsvk
    THe parries aint such a big problem, the bigger problem is hit. DW needs at least 15% hit to be efective.
    This.

Second issue with DW tanking ATM is the itemization. You want slow weapons as to boost your strikes, and the only slow tanking one-hander is Broken Promise from Naxx 25, 4 Horsemen.

Till then, you're stuck with the one from heroic Keep and using non-tanking one-handers defeats the point of DW in the first place.
    Served steaming hot, right out of the waffle grill. With just the right amount of STFU poured on top.

I lvled a DK aswell, i tanked alot in instances to get a hang of it. always with 2h while lvling cause of stam and lack of hit etc. since i hit 80 im using 2 blue def weapons why? i got loads more parry dodge defense rating from it(maybe not parry cause 2h have loads of strength and it sort of equals out). im gonna offtank naxx tonight, not as frost (which i specced to be able to tank heroics when i just dinged 80 with half def gear half stam gear) but as unholy. imo the really big thing you miss as unholy is the 3% miss chance. the CD's you get in frost are nice, but i love bone shield so much.

tanking as a dk is all about know what to do when. and yes there are alot of dk's atm, and i hate the fucked up retards who give us a bad tanking name cause they fucked up alot of heroics. for example: the last 3 heroic groups i did yesterday. the healer joined as last and said: "no way im going here with a DK tank." and then try to convince them to atleast try to see that youre a "different"(or better ^^) tank then the other dk he rolled with(even with worse gear).

and for offtanking, i would always go unholy cause you can squize some imba dps out it and dont loose that much of tanking talents
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...h=000000000000
    you even got 4 points left which you can place in yourself for sumon gargoyle for xtra dps for example.. imo the only thing missing is frigid deathplate and maybe the frost aura.. (and again, when your not tanking, you do a lot more dps while unholy then frost)

IMO do as you like. I am reroller from rogue and from the start I planned to be tank at my DK. We did 8 bosses in naxx 10 now with me maintanking in frost spec, no probs with DK tanking so far. If you prefer to be DPS, I can assure you that DKs can dish considerable amount of damage. Just pick what you want to do.

For Naxx10 I think it doesnt really matter who tanks, you can pick any decent geared tanking class and rock. In other hand, new Naxx is very similiar to old one so on our server ppl prefer to pick tanks who was in Naxx on 60 because they dont have to learn fights.

If you like to tank, go tank. If not, def cap wont help you get pleasure from role you dont enjoy.