Armor cap & incomming nerf of ring`s etc.

So ive been reading that the armor cap for raid bosses is 41000 Armor or 75% dmg reduction. ( with the talents etc. ofc)
    Its already kinda hard to hit 41k armor, if ur not running 25man and get the imbaest trinket, which makes that easier.

Currently I got 32k HP & 35K armor UB.
    With armor on both rings, neck, 700 armor on staff (the blue one) and trinket with 550 armor. Not running AGI gems atm, so could boost that armor abit more.

BUT, when they are gonna remove the armor on rings, neck, trinkets & staffs.
    (If its a nerf on all thoose items)
    Wont this cap be kinda hard for all the druids that are raiding, exept the pretty hardcore ones that will clear the new 25mans that are comming?
    Maybe abit hard for them too, yet to see...

So when blizzard removes all off this armor ( I will lose roughly 2400 armor in normal form, to late to start with all presice numbers ),Are they gonna nerf the armor cap on raid bosses too?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Armor cap & incomming nerf of ring`s etc.

SBUT, when they are gonna remove the armor on rings, neck, trinkets & staffs.
    (If its a nerf on all thoose items)
    Wont this cap be kinda hard for all the druids that are raiding, exept the pretty hardcore ones that will clear the new 25mans that are comming?
    Maybe abit hard for them too, yet to see...

So when blizzard removes all off this armor ( I will lose roughly 2400 armor in normal form, to late to start with all presice numbers ),Are they gonna nerf the armor cap on raid bosses too?
    They are NOT gonna remove the armor from the items.
    They are taking away bear multiplier from that. It measn that if a ring has 500 armor, it will give you 500 armor BOTH in aster and in bear form, instead of giving you 500 as caster and (500*470%) 2350 armor while bear (not counting Thick Hide, gg).

They will try to compensate for that modifying SotF so that we get more armor out of our leather items.
    The armor cap will NOT change.

Besides, the armor cap is 49-50k.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

You seem to be assuming that the armor cap is supposed to be reached - Blizzard has never wanted this, and they always seem to worry whenever druids get close. The reason they are making this change is exactly for the reason you gave - if you're not running 25 mans or whatever to get very particular items for those slots then you're at a severe disadvantage to other feral druids. Now the only way to get the armor bonus of bear form is through the ilvl of your leather items - as such it should scale pretty linearly with your progression, rather than huge jumps followed by droughts depending on those items.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

Quote Originally Posted by Degrador
    You seem to be assuming that the armor cap is supposed to be reached - Blizzard has never wanted this, and they always seem to worry whenever druids get close. The reason they are making this change is exactly for the reason you gave - if you're not running 25 mans or whatever to get very particular items for those slots then you're at a severe disadvantage to other feral druids. Now the only way to get the armor bonus of bear form is through the ilvl of your leather items - as such it should scale pretty linearly with your progression, rather than huge jumps followed by droughts depending on those items.
    Druids shouldn't be complaining anyways, they got a passive 12% damage reduction on top of the armor "nerf", Druids still got buffed, and Inspiration/Ancestral Fortitude will still allow you to reach the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by arel00

Besides, the armor cap is 49-50k.
    Yes, and Druids can probably still get close to that with one of the above buffs. I don't like how certain buffs are anal about stacking now, for example Blessing of Might and Battle Shout, Flametongue Weapon and Demonic Pact, Improved Moonkin Aura and Improved Retribution Aura(The damage does stack multiplicatively though)

Quote Originally Posted by shono99
    they got a passive 12% damage reduction on top of the armor "nerf"
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by Selachii
    What?
    Protector of the Pack
    Rank 3/3
    Increases your attack power in Bear Form and Dire Bear Form by 6%, and for each friendly player in your party when you enter Bear Form or Dire Bear Form, damage you take is reduced while in Bear Form and Dire Bear Form by 3%

3% per party member = 12% total, you are not included!

Rumor has it this will also be a flat increase instead of a scaling increase depending on how many people in your group. but that is just rumor!

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftly
    Rumor has it this will also be a flat increase instead of a scaling increase depending on how many people in your group. but that is just rumor!
    not a rumor. confirmed by blue a long time ago. they got tired of the bitching.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftly
    Protector of the Pack
    Rank 3/3
    Increases your attack power in Bear Form and Dire Bear Form by 6%, and for each friendly player in your party when you enter Bear Form or Dire Bear Form, damage you take is reduced while in Bear Form and Dire Bear Form by 3%

3% per party member = 12% total, you are not included!
    WHy do i hHAV TO have like OTHER peopl in my party to get tha buff?!?!?!!?!?!?!? WHAT IF i was in a raid and tehre are onlyh like 2 poeple in my grouop and i'm tanking!?!?!? it's not like i'm EVER gonna SOLO IN BARE FROM by my self it is complitley piontmlessss. plz change kkthx.

You quoted the same person twice in 2 different posts just to look like a rambling idiot? I understand the second is probably supposed to be sarcasm...but the point is completely lost in your random letter mashing.

Quote Originally Posted by CSJenova
    You quoted the same person twice in 2 different posts just to look like a rambling idiot? I understand the second is probably supposed to be sarcasm...but the point is completely lost in your random letter mashing.
    that IS the point.

Quote Originally Posted by shono99
    Druids shouldn't be complaining anyways, they got a passive 12% damage reduction on top of the armor "nerf", Druids still got buffed
    Sure isn't like warriors have had defensive stance for 4 years now, nope, not at all. Having to tank in berserker is really wearing me down in terms of Blizz ever making warriors respectable tanks.