Thread: Glyphs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Glyphs

I like how some of them work together. Glyph of Seal of Wisdom making heals cost 5% less adds up over time, and Glyph of Wisdom saves ~250 mana every two minutes, which also adds up. Plus if you can get a few seconds to autoattack a mob, the regen is insane. Then there's the two that affect Lay on Hands, one upping the mana return by 20%, the other making you gain just as much mana. I have used this in endurance fights on a Priest so he gets mana, and the fact I get mana too rocks. I don't know if the double effect you get on yourself is used personally is still working, but that can rock too. Glyph of Holy Light can be insane, and is a decent chunk of my healing done. The final minor I have is the BoKings, yeah it's not so great, but what else is there?
    Ephemera - Grievance - Thrall [H]
    Sybilfawlty - We Have Cookies - Stormrage [A]

Paladin Minor Glyphs are MUCH better than hunters. Count your blessings. (No Pun Intended)

Some of them certainly seem lackluster, but looking over many other classes, they don't seem to have it too much better. Some cosmetic changes (ie, polymorph), some "fun" toys (Blurred Speed), some reagent removals or duration increases for buffs. The one that stands out to me is Death Knights; their minors seem to be amazingly fun, and/or useful. That being said, our majors seem to be very good, all around. It is strange to not see a holy-shock glyph yet, minor or major. *shrug* Maybe it'll come in with other glyphs in a later patch. Here's what I've come up with.

Tanking:
    =Glyph of Judgement (Can change for Spiritual Attunement if you find mana problems)
    =Glyph of Righteous Defense
    =Glyph of Vengeance
    -Lay on Hands
    -Sense Undead
    -Seal of Wisdom (Personal choice)

PvE Ret:
    =Seal of Blood/Matyr
    =Seal of Command (for those non-blood/matyr fights)
    =Crusader Strike (if mana is not an issue, Consecration, Avenging Wrath, or Judgement could be put in, depending on playstyle)
    -Sense Undead
    -Blessing of Might (Personal choice)
    -Seal of Wisdom (Personal choice)

PvP Ret:
    =Seal of Command
    =Hammer of Justice
    =Crusader Strike (expect mana burns)
    -Blessing of Might (Personal choice)
    -Blessing of Wisdom (Personal choice)
    -Seal of Wisdom (back to mana burns)

PvE Holy
    =Holy Light
    =Seal of Wisdom
    =Seal of Light
    -All personal choices

PvP Holy
    =Cleansing
    =Hammer of Justice (Turn Evil is another choice)
    =Seal of Wisdom
    -All personal choices
    I stream many games! WoW, SC2, TF2, old SNES games and mods, and many more! Find my stream here! I also upload many of my stream VODs and many offline recordings (usually of SC2 casts) to my YouTube, found here!. Follow, subscribe, and thanks!

Personally, I'd like to see more glyphs per spell. Hopefully some day it will come.

Take for instance Glyph of Hammer of Justice.
    There already is one, that increases the duration by one second.
    What if there was one more, that REDUCED the duration, but lowered the cooldown?
    I was thinking along the lines of HoJ as an interrupt. The glyph reduces duration by 6 seconds (no stun at all), but lowered the CD an additional 20 sec. With proper talents in Prot tree, you'd have a 10 sec CD interrupt.
    If you take both HoJ glyphs, you have a 10 sec CD interrupt that stuns for 1 second.
    Might seem overpowered, but then you have actually used 2 major glyph slots for one ability alone.

Additional Glyph of Seal of Blood: Reduces the damage Seal/Judgment of Blood does to you by 10%
    Additional Glyph of Judgments: Reduces cooldown on Judgments by 1 second (talented + PVP set bonus CD would then be 6 seconds)

The list goes on...
    As a glyph user, you'd have more options, and as a glyph creator you'd maybe have a crafting profession that could actually make some money.

Diversity FTW!

As a tank I'm using

Major:
    Judgement
    Vegeance
    Avenger's Shield

Minor:
    Sense Undead
    Of the Wise
    Lay on Hands

I don't use spiritual attunement since 1% more mana is like 5mana per heal it's almmost nothing. and no Righteous Defense cus we're getting a new taunt anyways.

increased crit chance would be nice for ShoR, or even crit damage bonus.

They changed the SoB/SoM glyph to be more useful than the SA glyph, yes?

If so, the glyphs for ret raiding should be:

Judgment
    SoB
    Consecration/Crusader Strike