what to start stacking after dodge?

ok my dodge is now up to 38.7 percent with motw on. The diminishing returns are getting pretty harsh now. Even when i swap out my dodge rings for my armor heavy ones i am still at 38 percent. My armor is up around 27k-28k if i recall right. Got dps rings equiped currently but both rings have at least 350 armor. My hp is also around 28k hits with motw up. Also i almost always have the buff food on that gives +40 agi and +40 sta. this puts me at about 40 percent dodge.

So now i am faced with a few choices. Do I flat out stack stamina or do i mix in the gem thats sta+agi once our jc's actually start making it? I know agi will still give armor and crit, but when i pop valor medal its only giving me 5 percent dodge. putting me around 45 percent for boss fights. I have heard about going stamina + def for extra dodge off that, but i am unsure if that is a viable option. let me know what you think.

armory link http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...emaul&n=Dromar
    note: On my armory currently i am logged out without my tank rings and tank staff. My staff is the enraged feral staff with +35 agi

Re: what to start stacking after dodge?

1) To my knowledge the Shifting Twilight Opal is not in game (+agi / +stam gem)

2) Dodge is still our only form of pure mitigation, but health is also nice. Although you will be getting less of an effect with higher gear levels, its still helpful to stack dodge.

3) The armor helps a lot more than you think it would, get armor before you really worry about dodge so much. Defender's code, if you can get your mitts on it, is flat out amazing right now.

4) Even with diminishing returns the use effect of your valor medal is still worth it, when I pop Defender's code and Valor medal at the same time I get to 53% dodge.

Here is my suggestion:
    Buffed HP 40k? Good
    Buffed Armor 35K? Good (Defenders code helps this tremendously)
    Want more? Have fun working on dodge!

Hope this was helpful,
    Meander
    <Cry Havoc>
    -Bonechewer-

my main is a druid now and im a tank. what has worked for me so far(ive tanked all 25 mans except malygos) is to stack nothing but agi and stam. im a LW so i get the 90 stam bonus to bracers and i have the extra buckle in my belt. im at 32k with mark on and my dodge is like 36 percent? I have found that for bear tanks stam owns all cause since dodge is our only form of mitigation that when you get hit hard its better to have high armor and high stam to compensate. Hence my stacking of pure agi and pure stam gems. hope it helped.

28k? once you reach around 35k self buffed you can start worrying about other stats.

remember, HP doesn't have diminishing returns, so make it your best friend.

Your dodge is very good if you seek to increase it don't go for .5 -1% changes but more or else imo isn't worthing.
    I think since tbc if we have 25-30%dodge we must seek to increase our armor /hp. That was the deal with gear until t5 -56 after all.

You can experiment with gear if you have the money and the patience to enchant/socket everything with agility (though not much socket items in the game) but I don't think blizzard wants atm to have bears roaming with 70% dodge so it's not possible atm to have crazy stats. Even then if your armor and hp got a big reduce I don't know if it's worth it. Maybe for dual wielding bosses.

Despite the 50% dodge eventually you will get hit and when you get that 15k blow you want all the armor and the stamina you can get.
    You know we dont have other mitigations besides 2 spells with cd.

As wasteomana said if you have r.buffed 35-40k hps and 30+armor work on dodge.

I think also next patch our armor is going to increase abit with new sotf talent no matter the removal of bonus armor from rings etc.
    kitty num num

Quote Originally Posted by purrr
    28k? once you reach around 35k self buffed you can start worrying about other stats.

remember, HP doesn't have diminishing returns, so make it your best friend.
    This is right, now im at 32500hp unbuffed and 30k armor + 34 percent dodge.
    And I am still stacking stamina as long i dont loose any armor ... dodge is on second place for me

I'm at 28k armor 35 dodge and 35k hp unbuffed (in bear of course)

the reason to not sacrifice hp for dodge is sometimes you will get a bad streak of non dodge attacks and it will save you from a wipe by eating alot of dmg

armor is always what your going for first until the upcoming patch

FFS I WANT DEFENDERS CODE T_T peace the fk out essence of gossamer I'll take my monarch crab with 41 stam socketed and another like 5k armor

YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH WHILE BILLY MAYS IS TALKING

with agi giveing less and less dodge, what about going for defence? we do get sta/def gems in game, and defence adds not only dodge but also adds % chance to be missed per % chance to dodge, a skill that happens before dodge on the rolls and can help a little.
    warriors get rust, pallys cant hear you in that bubble, death knights are screaming about voices, druids? were trying to get whats left of your face off our claws.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Doodad
    a skill that happens before dodge on the rolls and can help a little.
    lolwut?
    I thought, it's a one-roll-table, because if not, you could "dodge" a hit, that actually has missed before - what would be very dumb... and further, defense for adding +miss of opponets would be the jesus-christ-of-heaven-better than any dodge - what definitely is not the case

Thank you all for the input. I didn't realize druid tanks were up around the 35k hp range yet. I will head towards stamina and armor then. I was hesitant to stack armor trinkets due to the incoming nerf but i suppose thats a few months off anyway. i will start aiming towards those and resocket a few of my agi pieces for sta.

Has any1 searched for an "agility cap" of some sort? When do we start getting really crappy dim.returns from stacking too much agi over X value? I'd like to know this agi value if any1 has it pls.
    /hug

If you plan to do some of the seriously hard raid achivements - and some that will come further you need shitloads of hp. Remember most of the achivements combine abilities by the boss that makes your current stats alot lower and more worthless. That is why you should go for MAX hp (dont forget dodge tho).

An example is Sar with adds alive, if you dont got XXXX hp the -25% hp and 100% increase firedmg will just oneshot you as a tank. gg.

so it would be worthwhile then to drop a few +agi gems for +sta gems? also the point of di on agility getting really shitty starts around 39 percent

Quote Originally Posted by saibot
    so it would be worthwhile then to drop a few +agi gems for +sta gems? also the point of di on agility getting really shitty starts around 39 percent
    ofc.. .stamina alll the way

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria
    and further, defense for adding +miss of opponets would be the jesus-christ-of-heaven-better than any dodge - what definitely is not the case
    It does not appear that English is your first language...so I am not completely sure I read this right, but that actually IS what defense does. It decreases the mob's chance to critically hit you and hit you. In addition, it increases your chance to dodge, parry, or block incoming attacks.

1.5% crit reduction = 1.5% increased mob miss chance = 1.5% dodge = 1.5% parry = 1.5% block

That is why it is only half as good for druids beyond the crit cap as it is for warriors and paladins. We get 2/4 increased avoidance statistics, while warriors and paladins get 4/4. If you already understood this concept, then I apologize, but it sounds like you did not realize defense increases the mobs chance to miss you.

Quote Originally Posted by CSJenova
    It does not appear that English is your first language...so I am not completely sure I read this right, but that actually IS what defense does. It decreases the mob's chance to critically hit you and hit you. In addition, it increases your chance to dodge, parry, or block incoming attacks.

1.5% crit reduction = 1.5% increased mob miss chance = 1.5% dodge = 1.5% parry = 1.5% block

That is why it is only half as good for druids beyond the crit cap as it is for warriors and paladins. We get 2/4 increased avoidance statistics, while warriors and paladins get 4/4. If you already understood this concept, then I apologize, but it sounds like you did not realize defense increases the mobs chance to miss you.
    what i ment to ask is due to the miss % from defence, is there a point where defence starts to over ride agi as a way to medigate dammage for druids. We can only stack so much agi, but we still have a few defence options.
    warriors get rust, pallys cant hear you in that bubble, death knights are screaming about voices, druids? were trying to get whats left of your face off our claws.

what i ment to ask is due to the miss % from defence, is there a point where defence starts to over ride agi as a way to medigate dammage for druids. We can only stack so much agi, but we still have a few defence options.
    After 50% dodge you start to see defense pulling ahead a little.

The way I see it as you hit 50% dodge, it becomes so useless to stack that a stat which only benefits us half the time becomes better.

with agi giveing less and less dodge, what about going for defence? we do get sta/def gems in game, and defence adds not only dodge but also adds % chance to be missed per % chance to dodge, a skill that happens before dodge on the rolls and can help a little.
    defense isnt better then agility till u have 50% dodge, or ~2100agility buffed