Hi, i want to ask few things about unholy attacks, spells, rotations, dps maxialising in PVP. If you think yourself a decent death knight player, who absolutely understand rune mechanism just feel free to post in this thread.

So, we are talking about Unholy spec now, count in calculation, that you have "reaping" (death rune after bb or bs from blood runes)

First of all my basic full dps rotation: Icey touch, Plague strike, 2*Blood strike, Scourge strike, after this you have some RP so you can death coil, use defensive abilitys etc then 3* scourge strike, RP dumb again and thats 1 rotation.

Everybody knows arena is not about just go to the target and use the rotation mentioned above. There are skills that you should use in different situations, which costs your precious runes, which ruins the "perfect" rotation mentioned above. For example there are situations when you must use strangulate, rune tap, mark of blood (all costs 1 blood runes, which wont turn into death runes, so rotation is kinda fu*ked up). Or lets mention icey chains... If you use it once, you should choose between icey touch or scourge strike in the first round, or if you use 2 icey chains(trinket), you wont be able to do icey touch and scourge strike until the 2 frost runes reactivates (10 sec).

There are a lot of options which turns you away from your maximum dps(icey chains, strangulate, rune tap, mark of blood, unholy zone, bone armor).

I am mainly interested in your ways, what do you do to maximalize your dps when you use one of the skills as i mentioned before, what kind of rotation. It would be really a big help for me if an experienced dk would share the experiements about this issue.

There is a skill named Blood tap too, which converts and activates a blood rune into death rune. When should we use it? For example when all your 2 blood runes are on cd, and you need to strangulate? I think...

There is one more skill, i dont really understand. Blood Boil. If you have a talent for it, it snares targets who has your diseases in a 30 yard range, ok. But it has absoultely no dps, compared to a Blood strikes(Blood boil's blood rune also turns into a death rune). I think the usage of this skill is important if you are kited? So you cant cast blood strikes, but you need death runes, for extra icey chains, scourge strikes etc.? I think this, but it would be great if somebody could correct me all the things above i mentioned.

Death Knight is a really complicated class, with a complicated rune system, to master it is really hard for even decent palyers, i think.

I hope i could share you some new and useful information; I'm waiting for replies