T6 Bonus, when is it time to say goodbye?

Hi,

There has been a huge ammount of comparing and complaining going on recently about how guilds were clearing pretty much all of the new raid content in lvl 70 gear and i wanted to get a few different oppinions on the matter.

Ive been 80 for about 2 weeks now and have been happily farming heroics (as tank and dps) and replacing very few items as i went along. Im still using 4 pieces of t6 to keep the bonus because with very few exceptions im not seeing many clear upgrades outside of raids ofc. Rings, cloaks, necks trinkets ofc have millions of sidegrades, upgrades and every other kind of grade so they were very easy to get rid of, but swapping an extra 20 stam and agility for the 15% dmg bonus to swipe and rake so far hasnt tempted me.

Obviously once i have 2/3 pieces that are clear upgrades the T6 will be placed in a dusty corner in my bank beside all the other sets u build up over the years but i have to say im very suprised how long this set has remained viable.

Is this the general feeling among ferals or are ppl turning in their graves at the thought of someone still using dusty relics from a time ong passed?

Re: T6 Bonus, when is it time to say goodbye?

Rating Buster

this mod will break down stats and compare items i have found this to be very useful to tell if you find something better then the epics i had.

Dr. Damage

this is a useful mod to see how much you heal or damage for each spell with damage per mana or healing per mana. also it includes other info.

You should be replacing your gear around level 78, if not then in heroics. If you goto naxx 10 man or 25man with t6, you obviously didnt prepare and just cracked 80 lol.

one or 2 set bonus isnt realy worth it, when you should have better gems, better enchants, and 30-40% more stats per item.

In the long run, its terrible to keep any 70 gear except a few (there are exceptions to every rule)

if you have the full set including say belt and bracers then it can be worthwhile ot keep those for DPS. with both talents and 2t6 mangle spam is a viable DPS method for a while. its about even to just ahead of the more accepted maintain SR mangle rake and rip and shred when you have extra energy at entry level T7 but falls behind once your gearing out of 25 mans due to the level of the upgrades you are giveing up by that point.

Who is John Galt?