T7 gloves suck for Feral Druids

I've been saving up badges with the goal of buying some tanking pieces for my druid. Much to my surprise you can buy T7 pieces with your badges. So I was think great, I'll buy the T7 gloves. Only when I looked at them I was shocked. Druid T7 gloves are WORSE then my blue gloves.

Let me compare for you Handraps of Preserved History (from completing normal strat) http://www.wowwiki.com/Handwraps_of_Preserved_History

and T7 gloves (they are T7 for gods sake, shouldn't they be better?)
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Heroes%27_Dreamwalker_Handgrips

So assuming you socket the T7 with a blue +stamina gem and get the socket bonus (which you wouldn't, but just for comparisons sake)

the Handwraps have:
    Better Stamina: 103 to 90 (66 + 24 from socket)
    Better Agility: 68 to 54 (50 + 4 from socket bonus)
    Better Expertise: 40 to 0

The T7 has
    Better Haste: 33 to 0 (Doesn't really matter to a tank)
    Better attack power: 102 to 100 (Doesn't really matter to a tank)
    Better crit: 44 to 0 (Doesn't really matter to a tank)
    Better Armor: 353 to 329

So for the stats a tank really cares about T7 gloves give you 24 armor at the cost of 13 stamina, 14 agility, and 40 expertise over a blue. This implies to me that there is a problem with the way T7 was set up for tanks.

Re: T7 gloves suck for Feral Druids

Feral druid's are not only tanks anymore, they can be DPS. Tier gear is often less valuable than offset pieces, however with the sets you get bonuses. There is also much believe that those specific blue gloves were overbudgeted, but we will see if they get a nerf or not when they start putting things on PTR.

Those hands are hilariously overbudgeted believe me. They'll be fixed, use them like the rest of us til then!

hehe yeah im using those blue gloves too, but ppl remember that 10man t7 is just heroic dungeon quality item ... i have for example gored hide leggins from gundrak and I think they are +- about the same with lesser t7

I use them for DPS gloves and kept me beloved blue gloves for tanking.
    CoryEverson: lvl80 Death Knight (Lich King)

I'm using the T7 gloves as my tanking gloves, gemmed/enchanted for avoidance. I already outhealth all the other tanks i run into by 3-4k on average. The extra dodge was nice and I'm far over expertise cap atm.
    I fix things, sometimes, when they let me out of my cage.
    @Rawrbmb Watch me stream stuff on Twitch

I'm using the blue ones too, did not even care to 'need' on the t7 ones yet so I don't lose prio on other tier parts.
    Maybe 25man t7 gloves are worth taking for tanking with proper enchants, but if you get only 10man, enchant and gem them for dps since feral will have to dps more and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Furo
    ........for dps since feral will have to dps more and more.
    we are more capable of dps'ing than ever before, but the concept of multiroles in raids is often due to a warriortank being a skilled player or some MT who'd never give up being MT because he's narrowminded and lacks general overall class knowledge....

back to subject, the blue one is great for tanking, i use it, and kinda hope it gets nerfed, or its tbc all over again, when our best belt was a greeny from BEM quest.

Quote Originally Posted by SirLancelittle
    I've been saving up badges with the goal of buying some tanking pieces for my druid. Much to my surprise you can buy T7 pieces with your badges. So I was think great, I'll buy the T7 gloves. Only when I looked at them I was shocked. Druid T7 gloves are WORSE then my blue gloves.

Let me compare for you Handraps of Preserved History (from completing normal strat) http://www.wowwiki.com/Handwraps_of_Preserved_History

and T7 gloves (they are T7 for gods sake, shouldn't they be better?)
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Heroes%27_Dreamwalker_Handgrips

So assuming you socket the T7 with a blue +stamina gem and get the socket bonus (which you wouldn't, but just for comparisons sake)

the Handwraps have:
    Better Stamina: 103 to 90 (66 + 24 from socket)
    Better Agility: 68 to 54 (50 + 4 from socket bonus)
    Better Expertise: 40 to 0

The T7 has
    Better Haste: 33 to 0 (Doesn't really matter to a tank)
    Better attack power: 102 to 100 (Doesn't really matter to a tank)
    Better crit: 44 to 0 (Doesn't really matter to a tank)
    Better Armor: 353 to 329

So for the stats a tank really cares about T7 gloves give you 24 armor at the cost of 13 stamina, 14 agility, and 40 expertise over a blue. This implies to me that there is a problem with the way T7 was set up for tanks.
    If yout ake a look at http://www.lootrank.com/wow/wr.asp?C...Exp=1.69&Ver=5', you'll see that they're not only better than T7.25, but that they're currently best in slot for tanking over every single other pair of gloves. Quite funny for a blu epair of gloves, which you can obtain at 78 even.

They'll mostlikely be nerfed at some point as it's way overbudget, something that shouldn't even be allowed tbh.

My opinion of tiergear is that they should be the best inslot items one could get. But sadly that's not the case.

Edit: And what's up with pvp items being better for tanking than actual tier items... :S

15+ Year Old Account

Got a few things to add.

* Every class got one item of the t7 that is looked upon as pretty bad. For my lock it is shoulders and we all remember the roar from the mage community regarding their t6 shoulders with spell penetration for pve Bottomline dont think for a second that its only dr00ds that have a t7 item that is not very good.

* Mainpoint however is that this is most likely the way BLZ intended it to be. The game would become boring from a gear point of view if full Tier is the only thing players would need. BLZ want there to be alternatives so players feel unique. Ask yourself, would it be fun to run around with exact same gear as every other player with the same class/spec as you?

Im very glad there are in fact a range from REAL good items <---> REAL 'bad' ones, including the T7sets. It give me the option of swapping around a bit and not feel like a clone of every other (in my case) warlock in the raid.

Cheers.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Yep, they are very overbudget. But alot of druids get scared by the colour

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Yep, they are very overbudget. But alot of druids get scared by the colour
    For me it's not the color, but rather that I don't really have to put in any effort to get the blue item (which you can do at 78 already), which happens to be better than every other pair of gloves ingame.

Imagine you do an epic questline to obtain a weapon like Frostmourne for example, and then some random person coming along with a lvl 78 blue quest-reward item which just happens to put out more dps than Frostmourne. :P

Edit: And yes, I'm using the blue gloves aswell :P

yes those blues are awesome for tanking atm - if it helps I use those for tanking with the old glove reinforcements(why? because my 70 shammy can make it for free) for +240 armour, and I use the gloves from heroic pinnacle "gilt-edged leather gauntlets" http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37409 for dps due to the hit rating.

I am kinda glad the t7 gloves arent so imba, it'll save me 60 badges(on the basis I'll gain 60 emblems of heroism long before I see the right token drop[only seen conqueror tokens for that slot]) meaning more left over for trinket/neck etc...maybe even some for offspec items.

also you can reach 4 set bonus (woo 3 sec on barkskin) without the gloves - I can appreciate maybe you want the 2 set bonus from emblems only, but if you do this dump the gloves as soon as you have another tier peice.

I am more concerned by the complete lack of +hit on tier items, no matter how you cut it dps or tank you still need hit rating for raids. due to this non-set rogue style items are looking far more attractive than tier.

* Mainpoint however is that this is most likely the way BLZ intended it to be. The game would become boring from a gear point of view if full Tier is the only thing players would need. BLZ want there to be alternatives so players feel unique. Ask yourself, would it be fun to run around with exact same gear as every other player with the same class/spec as you?
    There's still a best piece of gear for each role, and assuming people know their class and have access to the gear then yes, you'll still be wearing the same gear as everyone else, even if it is a pair of blue gloves that got some extra love from a developer.