Thread: Frost pvp build

Frost pvp build

So the earlier I was thinking of a frost pvp build and I came up with this:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...00000000000000

So far it works out great, but one draw back to it is that I have a somewhat low crit chance overall (17.62% with Horn of Winter). I know many talents I have will bring up the crit chance of many frost moves, but this was of the drawbacks. What are your opinions on it? This is my first time playing as frost, as I just switched from unholy. I know it can use some work though.

Re: Frost pvp build

Quote Originally Posted by Zutasu

So far it works out great, but one draw back to it is that I have a somewhat low crit chance overall (17.62% with Horn of Winter). I know many talents I have will bring up the crit chance of many frost moves, but this was of the drawbacks. What are your opinions on it? This is my first time playing as frost, as I just switched from unholy. I know it can use some work though.
    I have to say that alot of people do their builds based of their playstyle. I do well with mine with dpsing in instances/ and raids and I do quite well in pvp.

I had to respec several different times, even out of cookie cutter builds due to the fact they didn't fit my playstyle. I finally settled on one which will be better as I get gear.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...h=000000000000

Quote Originally Posted by Zutasu

You have to take into account, critting isn't something you should rely on in PvP soon. As soon as arena gear hits, resillience will make it useless again. :P

Quote Originally Posted by chias
    tell this my disc priest who got critted down several times in arena despite resilience cap :> crits are there, only the numbers shrink
    Kinda my point lol.

In reality, you should go for more direct damage boosting talents as opposed to crit talents, in regards to serious PvPing.

Quote Originally Posted by Stosis
    I have to say that alot of people do their builds based of their playstyle. I do well with mine with dpsing in instances/ and raids and I do quite well in pvp.

I had to respec several different times, even out of cookie cutter builds due to the fact they didn't fit my playstyle. I finally settled on one which will be better as I get gear.

TBH I would skipped Runic Power Mastery, seems totally worthless for me. I dont know about Endless Winter, when I tried it on beta I took it only for Chillibains. Talents that I would never skipped for frost pvp are Icy Reach and Merciless Combat.

My Frost build would have looked something like that:

Quote Originally Posted by Lyciphur
    TBH I would skipped Runic Power Mastery, seems totally worthless for me. I dont know about Endless Winter, when I tried it on beta I took it only for Chillibains. Talents that I would never skipped for frost pvp are Icy Reach and Merciless Combat.
    I tried it without runic power mastery and just didn't feel right, with all the combos I had going on. Icy reach in pvp is situational for me because Im use to playing a rogue and a enhancement shaman, which getting to people even if they do try to kite isn't a problem for me. Only reason I see having Icy reach is for Howling blast and Merciless combat, is kinda eh for me I could switch to it from taking my points out of Chill of the grave which I have thought about because like I said I always have enough rune power for at least 3x Frost strikes. And as for Endless winter it comes in handy so I don't have to use 2 frost runes up, and Chilblains is useless since you have CoI. I have done alot of testing but my testing isn't done.

gomi

Talents that I would never skipped for frost pvp are Icy Reach and Merciless Combat.
    So why have you skipp Merciless Combat in your talent build then??

I tried it without runic power mastery and just didn't feel right, with all the combos I had going on. Icy reach in pvp is situational for me because Im use to playing a rogue and a enhancement shaman, which getting to people even if they do try to kite isn't a problem for me. Only reason I see having Icy reach is for Howling blast and Merciless combat, is kinda eh for me I could switch to it from taking my points out of Chill of the grave which I have thought about because like I said I always have enough rune power for at least 3x Frost strikes. And as for Endless winter it comes in handy so I don't have to use 2 frost runes up, and Chilblains is useless since you have CoI. I have done alot of testing but my testing isn't done.
    Quite informative answer, ty I can see your point here, kinda didnt knew you play rogue+ combo and yes, it changes things for a bit. What glyphs do you use?

My reasoning behind Icy Reach/Merciless Combat is to have those nice deathchill>howling blast crits and icy touchs hitting for 2.5-3 k as ranged execute.

As for Chillibains, I like it in machups when opponents try to kite you. Generally, you slow them for 30% and you got 15% movement speed buff which makes slow from your spells very handy. But yes, its more of 1v1 stuff.

Anyway, how do you feel without Master of Ghouls? That extra res as ghoul can be useful in some arena situations, especially 2v2.

Quote Originally Posted by gomi
    So why have you skipp Merciless Combat in your talent build then??
    Because I failed @ linking lol I just relinked build posted by pervious person.
    here is teh correct link I think

Quote Originally Posted by Lyciphur
    Quite informative answer, ty I can see your point here, kinda didnt knew you play rogue+ combo and yes, it changes things for a bit. What glyphs do you use?

My reasoning behind Icy Reach/Merciless Combat is to have those nice deathchill>howling blast crits and icy touchs hitting for 2.5-3 k as ranged execute.

As for Chillibains, I like it in machups when opponents try to kite you. Generally, you slow them for 30% and you got 15% movement speed buff which makes slow from your spells very handy. But yes, its more of 1v1 stuff.

Anyway, how do you feel without Master of Ghouls? That extra res as ghoul can be useful in some arena situations, especially 2v2.
    As for glyphs I use the Glyph of Obliterate, Glyph of Frost Strike and Death and decay. The minor one I really care about is the pestilence one and what ever helps you know. Merciless combat does give you that little extra damage but overall Im still skeptic about it. From what I have read and what others have told me, if you use Chains of ice, Chilblains pretty much gets overrided anyways thus making endless winter useless but at the same time you gotta have endless winter for Chilblains right? I really never seen the point in it except for when you use pestilence. Master of ghouls is great but it is really buggy at the moment, especially if you plan on doing anything dealing with Wintergrasp.

I normally wouldn't mix Unholy and frost, but from my experience, Frost/blood does really well. It just comes down to how people play and their strategies. Because I usually use two build Frost/Blood and then my second build I know is Unholy/blood. The only time I would mix Unholy and frost is in the DW'ing tri-spec build that everyone likes to mess with.

Yes you use chain of ice BUT it isnot a 10 sec root, it is a 1 sec root and a degrading 9 sec snare.
    Whit chilblains you make it degrade to the 3 sec root.
    In fights you either use one F rune or D rune to CoI kiters, or IT wars (chilblains makes it harder for wars to harmsting > gain distance > Intercept you), pallies and stuff. Then you whate 10 sec till the next aplication as you can't burn F runes on perma chaining, or else you can't use FU rune skills, which are the big hits.

Well i want to pvp whit my DK and was thinking about some builds:

1. HC with rune tap
    2. HC with virulence
    3. Rune tap virulence no HC
    4. Resist heavy build with strong Blood Strikes

Frost as it is goes well into a dps 2v2. The HC build could excel in that braket, especialy with a frost mage partner. Sheep > force trinket > HC disable > nook the non CCd.
    My big dilema is virulence and Rune tap.
    Virulence is nice since it may force the healer to cast dispell multiple times, yet Rune tap is a good self heal ability.
    The resist build is weird but maybe usable.

edit: How doeas Glyph of DnD work? Is it chance on aplikation or chance per tick?

I've been doing quite a bit, and come to this - not sure how much more tweaking can be done with it.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...h=011011040103

Left chillblains out, pretty much focused on getting COI up if they're >20 yards away and that lets me get on them easily, Kept the 30% IT talent - reduction in attack speed is always good and I do use that to help finish, especially if they get away with very little life (IT affected by 12% increase damage to targets under 35%) A -lot- of classes think they are in the clear when they get away from DKs (being used to seeing unholy, I'm guessing) so they aren't prepared for an IT/DeathChilled HB from 30 yards away with those kind of numbers.

Could switch out unbreakable armor for the last point in Tundra Stalker (that's what I'm doing now, but missing UA for when IBF is down) - Depends on how much you see yourself getting attacked.

Acclimation + Frost Aura are easily the two talents I initially was hesitant about, but would never go without now. Those two talents, with smart, early, usage of AMS means I've got the advantage from the get-go and through the entire fight against anyone using magic.

This build doesn't put out huge numbers, but is very consistently good, hard to kill - and lots of utility to assist others. Rogues are probably the class that poses the most threat without the ghoul to hit them with a stun after they open on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergejsvk
    Yes you use chain of ice BUT it isnot a 10 sec root, it is a 1 sec root and a degrading 9 sec snare.
    Whit chilblains you make it degrade to the 3 sec root.
    In fights you either use one F rune or D rune to CoI kiters, or IT wars (chilblains makes it harder for wars to harmsting > gain distance > Intercept you), pallies and stuff. Then you whate 10 sec till the next aplication as you can't burn F runes on perma chaining, or else you can't use FU rune skills, which are the big hits.

Well i want to pvp whit my DK and was thinking about some builds:

1. HC with rune tap
    2. HC with virulence
    3. Rune tap virulence no HC
    4. Resist heavy build with strong Blood Strikes

Frost as it is goes well into a dps 2v2. The HC build could excel in that braket, especialy with a frost mage partner. Sheep > force trinket > HC disable > nook the non CCd.
    My big dilema is virulence and Rune tap.
    Virulence is nice since it may force the healer to cast dispell multiple times, yet Rune tap is a good self heal ability.
    The resist build is weird but maybe usable.

edit: How doeas Glyph of DnD work? Is it chance on aplikation or chance per tick?
    Glyph of DnD works every tick ^.^ which I love, counts as a decent interupt when needed against healers or rogues that are on you. Generally I wipe the floor with warriors and paladins who blow their cooldowns when my IBF is up or their shield is on cooldown. But Im sure that they are going to nerf the heck out the Glyph of DnD sooner or later.

Glyph of DnD works every tick ^.^
    :O /shocked O.o @_@

That is avesome then... more so BRILIANT, ass kicking and imba...
    It's there for 10 seconds, dealing damage EACH second and has a 20% chance to fear for 2 seconds... OMG!
    Talk about throwinug it under your feet when you know a rogue wil come O.o... avesome

Quote Originally Posted by Sergejsvk
    :O /shocked O.o @_@

That is avesome then... more so BRILIANT, ass kicking and imba...
    It's there for 10 seconds, dealing damage EACH second and has a 20% chance to fear for 2 seconds... OMG!
    Talk about throwinug it under your feet when you know a rogue wil come O.o... avesome
    Believe it or not I basically gave a rogue a taste of his own medicine because it kept ticking the full duration believe it or not. It was great but sure enough people catch wind and start abusing it, it's going to get nerfed because it just to good. But it's also another chance to interupt casters and such. You would not believe the amount of people in BGs who run through it just to get to me.