Thread: Stats

Stats

i know there are a lot of topics about that, but i saw so many things and differents stats at Paladins holy... What is better to paladin holy: int or spell ?
    Help me to understand, please!
    Sorry my english.
    Thanks guys! =)

Re: Stats

Int gives you spell power (talented), mana, and crit, so it's superior, but for pure healing per second (HPS) it can often be better to add pure SP since you get more of it to compensate (EG the +22 SP red gem was more of an HPS boost than the Purple +11 Healing and +4 MP5 gem or w/e that nightseye was).

You're going to want both. And almost all of Holy paladin healing gear will have both. The only possible time this would be important is if you had two pieces of gear to choose from (one with more int, and one with more SP). And without knowing which two pieces you're choosing between, I can't say which you should use.

Unless you're asking about trinkets, in which case I suggest SP all the way.

And like the poster above me, I recommend gemming for SP as well.

15+ Year Old Account

Gemming pure spell power is he best imo, unless the socket bonus is spell power.

The two most important stats are spell power and crit, atleast imo.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Um, ^^^ No.

They are both very important. There are some old posts from holy paladins, that go into detail on this, so I would go consult them.

Right now:

As for gear, go with every is the best for you, I doubt you will come across a piece of gear that has a major diffrence between int and spell power, as they both are primary stats on holy paladin gear.

After talking to several holy paladins, and testing my self a little the important stats for paladins are:

Int > Sp > Crit > Haste > Mp5

Int is considered the best start all around now because it contributes to crit, which can get insanely high now, it contributes to spell power, it scales with kings and the talent. It is the best all around stat to have.

Also with the mana conservation that holy gets, it is the new Mp5. As it stands now with a high crit, the amount of healing that it puts out, and with Divine Plea, and a crazy large mana pool we should never go oom. Esp in raids with a replenishment buff, esp with a BoW, and if you party with a resto shaman if you are smart to get the effect from mana tide totem.

My advise is:

Enchants

Helm: SP/Crit over SP/Mp5
    Shoulders: there is only one
    Legs: Sp/Stam (Bc the other is Spi and not int if im correct)
    Chest: Stats or Int
    Boots: Not sure which ones exist now, Int > Crit > Mp5
    Shield: Int
    Weapon: Sp
    Bracers: Int
    Gloves: Int > Sp

Gems

I would say play it safe and go for any socket bonuses that do Sp, Crit, or Int.

After that, make sure that you have a strong base spell power, atleast 1500 is needed to be safe in any heroics. So once you reach that begin stacking Int > Sp > Crit > Haste > Mp5

More or less think of it this way, if you crit then you heal more, making FoL very powerful to the point where a good crit can keep anyone up, which is nice for the tank, and a strong HL can put a tank back to where they need to be.