Holypaladin Healing crit%

I dont know about you guys, but my healing percent has droped a crap ton ive had to go into ret for the 5% crit chance and im still only just barly at 30% with kings and foodbuff i had to sacrafice some healing skillz so i could benefit more from illumination, i am also wearing half shammy gear half pally gear cause the lack in crit from paladin gear when my trinket procs i have 52% haste atm unbuffed after casting my judgement i realy need to get my crit up or get some other form of mana conservation any hints i also have a huge mana pull hit 21k last night with standard raid buffs
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...aul&n=Holyelmo

Re: Holypaladin Healing crit%

Use divine plea on every cold down. But yes someone fucked pala itemization up, i don't understand what we need all that haste for, because we go even faster oom if we have to spam holy light, maybe someday when they fix mp5 that will work.

Dont stack haste until you have more spell power and crit.

Also drop kings imo, thats the ret pallies job.

But for heroic gear, your stats arent bad

Lol The more i run naxx the more haste i get i actualy have a few pl8 pieces in the bank that i havnt even equipted just because its more haste and less crit. i had just shy of 50% prebc 20% less in a crit spec is harsh! t7 chest i loose all crit new gloves loose half crit everything is droping and im scared haha

i do put out amazing healz but requiring spriest and retpallys and survival hunters is kinda anoying for a 10man

Quote Originally Posted by elmomafia
    Lol The more i run naxx the more haste i get i actualy have a few pl8 pieces in the bank that i havnt even equipted just because its more haste and less crit. i had just shy of 50% prebc 20% less in a crit spec is harsh! t7 chest i loose all crit new gloves loose half crit everything is droping and im scared haha

i do put out amazing healz but requiring spriest and retpallys and survival hunters is kinda anoying for a 10man
    I run with less haste then you but a bunch more crit, and in a 10 man its pretty easy to keep my mana up, and in a 25 man its a joke. However my 10 man always has an spriest or ret pally or both, and almost always has a shammy

How are you healing, is it mostly flash or holy light, are you using beacon a lot.

Also dropping kings is a free 3% crit. I dont know if your guild wants you to have kings or not. I am the lead pally in mine and i either make the ret or the prot take it. But if your the only pally in a 10 man it can suck

You say you dont want haste, or less of it and more crit/mp5 yet you gem haste gems and enchant your cloak with haste? :-X

Quote Originally Posted by Mudaine
    You say you dont want haste, or less of it and more crit/mp5 yet you gem haste gems and enchant your cloak with haste? :-X
    The haste gems would be a lot better as crit, but there really arent any better cloak enchants

what i cant understand is how you were over 50% crit in tbc. Even buffed with food flasks, and gemmed for crit, with full t6 (before sunwell) i was around 37% holy crit, not counting the set bonus to each spell. That is a ridiculous amount of crit.

Right about now, 30% is about the normal. With the new talents in ret, you can pick up 8% crit, so unbuffed right now im at 29.76%

Haste is more important to be able to keep up with all the AoE damage going on now, and then the buffs to holy shock and with infusion of light, we're being pushed more to being fast healers rather than crit healers.

If youre having mana issues with a 21k mana pool, thats bad news. in a 15k mana pool, i havent gone OOM once in 10 man naxx.

Are you spamming Divine plea every time its up? When are you timing it? Myself, i have Arcane Torrent macroed to Divine Plea for an extra mana regen, and then once divine plea is up, i use divine illumination, and a pot if i need it, by that time, plea and illumination are off CD and im still around 80% mana.

Well, haste isn't bad when you consider the 15% you are already getting. I have dropped some haste recently as I picked up more 25 man gear, but I was sitting at 15% passive haste (around 490 haste rating) for awhile, and it was pretty nice, when the badge trinket popped your FoL were well below a second. I'm at about 11.5% now and 30% base crit before talents, with the 2 piece bonus that means holy shock is around a 50% crit rate, which greatly simplifies healing as well. I would suggest just keeping the highest ilvl stuff and gemming for int, that seems to be keeping my mana bar full while giving me big numbers and quick heals. If something is a sidegrade I usually lean towards whatever has crit though, for what it's worth.

I think one key point that needs to be made is that at the naxx gear level I'm already effectively at infinite mana, so throughput has become the real issue. Haste, crit (through infusion procs, and the bigger heal) and spellpower all help. mp5 will come with the gear, no real need to seek it out. If you are using your cooldowns intelligently and being relatively efficient with your heals (ie not spamming Holy Light all the time) you will most likely only lose people because you couldn't heal fast enough.

MP5 right now is basicly overrated for us. w/ DP you don't need to worry about it so much, and if your running two HPally's it doesn't matter w/ Kings and Wisdom on you. I have 317 haste w/ 26.67% crit and 1682sp and I have no issues in Naxx, I never go OOM, my tank doesn't die. I did speck into Ret to get 5% more crit though.
    18109MP 15014HP unbuffed

Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shadow+Council&n=Deathwarrant

Just gem for int if you're really having mana issues
    And a nice easy upgrade you could get is the Titansteel Guardian, will last you a fair while if you're doing naxx 10, and gets your spell power up very easily

Currently running 18.5k mana, 2k SP, 35% holy crit, 18 mp5 ( ) and 6-12% haste depending on trinkets/rings, without Naxx gear, so its very possible to get good gear pre Naxx without too much effort ( 2x JC crafted, Titansteel guardian and Deathchill Cloak are all pretty quick to get and pretty nice for pallys )
    just don't sacrifice crit/int for mp5, its almost totally worthless now

yiptastic

Quote Originally Posted by Xs
    And a nice easy upgrade you could get is the Titansteel Guardian, will last you a fair while if you're doing naxx 10, and gets your spell power up very easily

Currently running 18.5k mana, 2k SP, 35% holy crit, 18 mp5 ( ) and 6-12% haste depending on trinkets/rings, without Naxx gear, so its very possible to get good gear pre Naxx without too much effort ( 2x JC crafted, Titansteel guardian and Deathchill Cloak are all pretty quick to get and pretty nice for pallys )
    Try your best to get rid of the MP5.

It's utterly useless for us now.

Quote Originally Posted by yiptastic
    Try your best to get rid of the MP5.

It's utterly useless for us now.
    Equipping Carrot on a Stick would be utterly useless.
    MP5 isn't quite that bad :P

I've only ran 25 man naxx a couple of times, and i've been through 10 man about 3 times.

But right now im speced into ret and have about 37% crit UB, with 2000 sp....i don't see what your problem is? That 37% along with raid buffs and set bonus's i can get to about 60% holy shock crit and 50% for FoL and HL....

Try running naxx a bit, and change your spec around. Remember that it goes int>crit>sp>haste, just because a certain piece has haste instead of crit doesn't mean you have to take that piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Xs

Titansteel guardian is great, but now with the release of the PTR notes, i think it won't be good at all, im gonna have to try and get a new one now

almost 2k spellpower, 30% holy crit, 23k mana pool, 260 haste. Thats self-buffed only. OOM? Whats that?I want to raise haste a bit more to about 300 but honestly i don't see the benefit of raising it more. It takes you almost 200 haste more to raise my FoL to below 1 sec cast-time. I'm just gemming for intellect, enchanting int where i can and haste/spellpower on the rest. Just spam Divine Plea whenever its up, and if i expect to Beacon alot, try to save Divine Illumination for those times.
    From Beta: "WoW is now a turn-based game, GG"

Quote Originally Posted by elmomafia
    had just shy of 50% prebc
    There's no way in hell this statement is true.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.