Re: Death Knight changes

Blizz you have yet again done wrong. You are nerfing abilities that arent OP at all (Bone shield and Icebound fortitude) and not even trying to give us a bonus to it so i have proposed one for you.

IBF will now break us out of stuns.

Bone shield should either offer nore +dmg while active or give us a new cool ability to use the charges such as
    Sacrifice Bone (yea i know cheesy name)
    Takes a bone and hurls it at your opponent or ally to either inflict 246-315 damage or Absorb damage of next attack
    This will use up one charge and scale with AP, could also add to cause a medium amount of threat for tanking when not enough RP for DC.

I am an Unholy DK and I approve of these changes.

40% and a 50% damage reduction is not fair in anyway. :

While our ubar CD's got tweaked, they made it easier on RP. To me more damage and I like damage.

From a tanking perspective, having reliable mitigation is better than cooldown based mitigation. So the buffs to frost presence make up for the nurfs.

I'm an unholy MT and I also approve of Blizzards changes.

Bone shield was so good that any serious DK tank really had to spec unholy for it. And for tanking they didn't really nerf IBF at all. It will scale to about 35% minimum with 540def and you picked up 15%-20% physical and 10% magical passive mititgation through the buff to frost aura. So for tanking I think net/net thats a buff in total mitigation for the duration of a boss fight (its for a sure a buff in terms of total damage you will mitigate over the course of a boss fight - we'll be less spiky and we needed it)

I think blizzard is absolutely on the right track with these changes

OK sure our PvE changes were nice but what about PVP? No one serious runs around with 540 D in PVP so its a huge nerf PVP wise as well as IBF. As you all know IBF was a rogue/ret pally counter. When a rogue can just Clos vanish and reset the fight the ability is not working right.

So IBF is 20% base reduction correct? And then it scales with def. Does anyone know if the 20% is with defense at 0 or maxed for your level or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Brightwings
    When a rogue can just Clos vanish and reset the fight the ability is not working right.
    That doesn't mean yours isn't working right. That just means the rogues ability is working right.

Well I haven't PVPd enough to know how OP we are or aren't but those are some pretty gigantic nurfs... As I've said before I am just going to have to hope for the best...
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

Quote Originally Posted by Adrammalech
    So IBF is 20% base reduction correct? And then it scales with def. Does anyone know if the 20% is with defense at 0 or maxed for your level or what?
    I would assume that the 20% is base and does not change until above 400 defense. What I mean is that a lvl 62 that just got IBF from the trainer will still receive a 20% reduction...just like a Blood SPec PvP'er with no +defense will. But anything above 400 defense will start to increase it's usefulness...or at least I hope that's how it goes...otherwise we're gaining 230 defense skill(from base skill at 62 until 540 defense in blue post) and only seeing a 15% return...which would mean 15~ defense SKILL for 1% reduction...

Well it could be possible that is scales for how far past your defense skill is compared to your level. For example at 62 like you said, your max base defense is 310 right? So assuming you have 310 defense (or lower) it is 20%, but anything past that will increase it? That way a person tanking instances that isn't 80 yet can still have it scale. Although I haven't really tried tanking on my DK, maybe you won't need more than 20% in non-heroic 5 mans.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightwings
    OK sure our PvE changes were nice but what about PVP? No one serious runs around with 540 D in PVP so its a huge nerf PVP wise as well as IBF. As you all know IBF was a rogue/ret pally counter. When a rogue can just Clos vanish and reset the fight the ability is not working right.
    And those PVP nerfs were needed. And yes I play a DK main and I still agree with the nerfs. IBF was not just a rogue/ret pally counter - there isn't any fight againt any class you wouldn't pop that ability and it was flat out too strong in pvp. The whole reason IBF scales with DEF is so that the nerf would only effect PVP (and not PVE) which was were the nerf was needed.

15+ Year Old Account

I don't mind the changes. I can see the pros and cons of them (from a personal perspective).

I just wonder if they'll see Frost presence used too much in PvP everywhere and notice that Unholy is neglected. What happens then?

Quote Originally Posted by Spacegoatmeep View Post
    I have it on good authority that the Park needs to be as it currently is for the launch of Legion.

As part of the opening event Illidan flys down into Stormwind, points over towards the Park and says "You are not repaired!"

cooms

yeah im also wondering whats going to happen as the new season of arena happens. im not sure that doubling bloods healing will make people want to be in that presence and unholy offers only the slight speed boost which you can talent into a passive ability (yes the .5 off the GCD also) but frost will be probably too strong and where will that leave the tanking Dks if they are already nurfing some abilities because of the use of them in pvp.

The issues I have are Shadow of Death being reduced to 25 seconds lol. Corpse explosion seems like it will be useful now though... but only time will tell.