Help with DK macros

Hey everyone

I fail at macros and I was wondering if any of you guys could help me do 2 fairly easy ( I guess) macros for my DK or if that would just turn into a fail Post. Please feel free to add any other macros you use and you find helpful.

I basically would want one that would use rune tap whenever the cooldown is up (I know i's a stupid idea but to me it's completely worth it)

And the other one is of course use rune stirke whever it's availible I know that one HAS to be on anoher post but this post might become a great useful post filled with macros...

Or a fail post.

Re: Help with DK macros

The Blizzard API does not allow a macro to tell when an ability is on cooldown, or comes off of cooldown.

Well for the rune strike one, you could just macro it to every key

#showtooltip XXXXXXX
    /cast XXXXXXX
    /cast Rune Strike

replace XXXXX with every abbility you will use regularly, and in each a new macro

Quote Originally Posted by Caidrin
    Well for the rune strike one, you could just macro it to every key

#showtooltip XXXXXXX
    /cast XXXXXXX
    /cast Rune Strike

replace XXXXX with every abbility you will use regularly, and in each a new macro
    Is rune strike not on global cooldown? if not thats actually a good idea

Quote Originally Posted by Kalistus
    Is rune strike not on global cooldown? if not thats actually a good idea
    It's "On next attack"

I macro'd it to all my weapon attacks

Thanks a lot =)

Quote Originally Posted by Chillbro
    It's "On next attack"

I macro'd it to all my weapon attacks 
    Not such a bright idea to be honest, there are times where you want to use your strikes but save some runic power for stuff like UB or sometime soon CE

Edit: even Mind Freeze is needed sometimes and since it's off the GCD it's perfectly viable to use while tanking.

Haven't really experienced a problem generating enough runic power for pretty much anything I want to use. Macro'ing Rune Strike to my other offensive attacks has worked out pretty well for me. If you are struggling to generate RP, you could always be selective about what you macro it to, for instance your death coil, if it's not in your rotation as regularly as your other strikes.

I do see how it can be more of a problem for tanking relative to dps though- your gear and spec while tanking has you dodging and parrying quite a bit more.

At any rate- wise to be aware of the issue, and make your own judgement calls on it.

I only have Rune Strike macroed on my Heart Strike, which seems to work very well for me.
    It added about 40dps when I added Rune Strike to Heart Strike.

R.I.P: Prefix (T6 Resto Shaman) - DK DPS Compendium
    R.I.P: Valkyr (T4'ish BM Hunter) - UH DPS Compendium

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshifter
    I do see how it can be more of a problem for tanking relative to dps though- your gear and spec while tanking has you dodging and parrying quite a bit more.
    True, was just looking at it from a tank's point of view, where you will burn all your RP an Rune Strikes when doing some AE pulls (4 Mobs 2s Atk Speed 60% Avoidance -> every 2s at least 1 dodge/parry -> Every Strike a Rune Strike -> 20 RP consumed every ~2,5-3,5s, remember 40% haste after parrying)

If I use Rune Strike whenever it's up at those pulls I can never ever use Unholy Blight (or anything else that needs RP).

I agree, i made macro's for my IT PS and BS and my SS and found that i couldn't ever get enough RP to get UB up. I would suggest that you keep it to IT PS and BS or keep it on SS only and just mash the SS button all the time until your refresh portion of the rotation.

That sounds like a good suggestion for adapting it to tanking =)