Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Blizzard introducing Paid Character Customization

i might use this because my human warrior sort of looks like a klingon in away and i'd rather make him look more human

its for all the gender confused players out there who had a paladin in t5 content and want to be the woman on the outside and inside

Can anyone tell me why anyone would use this feature? Don't we already have Barbershop? Why pay 15$/12.99 Euro when we can pay 8 Gold 22 Silver to Barber Shop?! :/

And i like my character's face very much Green Hair ( Druid afterall.. ), Ilidan Style Face Marks ( He was a Nelf ), Purple Skin ( WarCraft 3 Night Elf Style and everything else..

It saddens me that Blizzard has decided that they are not greedy enough. Atleast i hope the money goes into StarCraft 2/Diablo 3/Unnanounced Games

I don't get you people :/ You made a decision: You took Gnome/Human/Tauren/Undead whateva, how can you not enjoy your character as it is? I love my Night Elf Druid very much, i can PWN in PvP, its green hair/purple skin/white eyes/green marks are from lore, and after all, its a DRUID, Best Class in everything it wants, once its maximized: Tanking ( Feral, Dire Bear Form ), 2x Healing ( Balance/Restoration Single Heals/Healing over Time Spells! ), Melee DPS ( Feral, Cat Form ), Caster DPS ( Balance, Human/Moonkin Form )

<3 Night Elves
    <3 Druids
    </3 This Feature

I would pay $50 to change my Undead Rogue over to a Human Rogue.

Even if it ment resetting all factions to the start values.

Faction related items became unuseable until you regained the rep required to use them again.

Right now my 70 rog is sitting there unplayed because I now play my alliance toons exclusivly. So sad.

15+ Year Old Account

Oh man.. I know a lot people asked for this but come on.. here's my first ever WoW pun.. World of EveryoneGetsToBeAGirlCraft.

New hair was cool cause it's simple and ya know you can just stop by a barber when your bored and give your Gnome bank a mohawk. Maybe I hang out with my dad a bit too much but this is just an example of a company who isn't happy with what they got and keep trying to bring in as much money as possible.. and WoW is fun but with all the fuckin money they make i'd expect an extremely high quality game, way more than it is now.

Next up will be race changes, then class changes then faction changes.. they haven't had a bad game yet but i still think their greed is gonna kill WoW.

race change pls.
    i'll pay 50 bucks!

It's only a matter of time before blizz introduces paid class change, or faction even.
    Heck, I bet they will make some sort of a buy a level X character to your account as long as you have another char of a higher level.

Remember when they said they will "NEVER" allow PvE to PvP transfers? money makes everyone's eyes go $_$

Damnit I really want race change, not faction change but just being able to switch to a different race on my faction. Guess my BE mage is going female for the time being.

Well this feature would be handy if you wanna change your name and alter your already existing race's appearance.

Hmm ive been a human male rogue since MC raid days
    ive got to admit im sick of human male...
    /silly
    /lol
    /cry
    /thank
    the walk...the run...the jump...the everything
    But the gear just looks too small on a female >.>

i r stuck as human male 4 ever!

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Handy too, for all those blacklisted idiots and ninjas that no one will instance with who want a new identity so they can have a 'fresh start'. Just because they remain on your ignore list, doesn't mean people will realise who they are.

C
    x

Well I am going to offer a different look at this.

I started playing WoW almost three years ago. And back then I picked the game up becasue I needed something to do at night over the summer while I was out in the middle of nowhere Northern Canada doing work.

I never thought that I would keep playing, and because of that did not really put much thought into my character selection. I made him a human, but other than that did not go further.

Really your character should be appealing to you, and you only. For a great long time I did not enjoy my character to the fullest becasue he simply was not 'me'

When the 3.0 patch hit I was able to give him a haircut but I was still never really happy with his face.

I play the game a lot now, and for $15 I am more than happy to finallly spend the time creating a face that really suits my character, who he has become, and what I want him to look like.

Some will think this is great idea from Blizzard, others will not. I am very happy with it though. Don't like it? You dont have to do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Onatopp
    I would pay $50 to change my Undead Rogue over to a Human Rogue.

Even if it ment resetting all factions to the start values.

Faction related items became unuseable until you regained the rep required to use them again.

Right now my 70 rog is sitting there unplayed because I now play my alliance toons exclusivly. So sad.
    sure, and first post we see after blizzard allows this will be like "wtf blizz, wheres my rep? omfg i paid!!!1111 GIEF REP BACK, GIEF EPIX BACK!!!!111 cryyyyy".... just level new character, whats the big deal?...

this reminds why the hell is blizzard against all character auctions etc... its because they dont have any money from it!...

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ndrew
    Not worth $15...heck not worth $1.

99% of the time when you play the game you are looking at your characters back.

Don't like the face you created? Show your helm!
    being a priest and owning t7 helm would be some kind of... ownage.

Deleted

While I agree 15$ is a bit steep for cosmetical changes, I don't understand why people complain about this. If you think it's a ripoff don't do it, simple as that.
    Myself, I'm gonna use it because not only do I want a name change, I also wanted to change the face and skin tone of my char for quite a while. Being ghostly white and with the freaking mouth open because I didn't pay much attention when I made it sucks now that I've got reputations farmed, 2 fishing contests won, lots of achievements and titles, etc.

These things don't matter to some people and that's fine.

Milking the cow for all its worth. Their stockholders must be happy.

To all the people going make it have change class/race. You do know you can do it for free by hitting the create new character.
    "We don't need Blizz to nerf the content. We need it to be less terrible." - Totalbiscuit

An update:
    As of right now, it's bugged and not working.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...id=1&pageNo=15

I think some of you are lashing out irrationally. I mean sure the biggest request is race change, but in my eyes this is only the first step. This is progress if you ask me. In time I have no doubt they will give into race change. Remember that there was a time when they swore up and down, blood fcking vows, to never let us xfer from PvE to PvP. Just give it time.

And nobody is forcing you to use this service. So why all the hullabaloo?

If anything, we should tip our hats. Blizzard is finally easing their way into the concerns of the community for once. Bitching and screaming at them is only going to make them shy back.

I think it's great.