IBF and BS nerf really that bad for pvp? dont think so

So, the "nerfs" are here !
    But are this actually nerfs or were the talents/spells way to OP in the first place ?

I just rerolled from a warlock to an DK, both lvl 80 now.

So IBF gives you a 20% mitigation from ALL dmg AND gives you a stun immume mechanic, with only 1min CD, WTH do you want more ?
    AND you can glyph it so you can pop it anytime without RP costs....

Seriously 50% was way to OP.
    ICM with boneshield it was up to 90% for the first 4-5 hits, thats just lol...

Boneshield nerf to 20% is still nice imo

the first 5 attacks you get will be mitigated by 20%, do you want to be more OP ?

SO after the changes you will have a ~40% reduction on ALL inc dmg for the first 4-5 blows ( depends on glyhs )
    Does anyone seriously think that this isnt "that"good ?

Besides these 2 talents, you have as unholy, an magic zone, and now they buffed anti magic shell also, what more do you want ?

If you want to play serious pvp ( arena ) blood spec will fail, beause you miss the most pvp talents from unholy, like AMZ,Desecration,Scourge strike (wich has no armor mitigation, and does alot more dmg vs high armor classes) boneshield, and unholy aura.
    Ofc there are people who can play fine in blood spec but i think in general its fail for arena and very nice for bg's.

Anyway, ofc its not nice to see something nerfed on the class you play.

We will see how it works out , and imo i think it will work out just fine, just stop the whines plz....

Re: IBF and BS nerf really that bad for pvp? dont think so

Boneshield and IBF went from "really strong" to "good/decent".
    Frost presence went from "good/decent" to "really good".

There indeed is no problem for either PVP or PVE. I think Blizzard did a decent job on the new changes.
    Good to read more people agree, good to read not the whole deathknight community is made out of emo kids.

its like, when u drive a "ferrari"
    u wont be happy with a "smart"
    even tough it gets u to ur work just as well

think thats wat happened here

i dont care about the "nerfs" that much, the skills sound about right now

Honestly, I was kind of worried that Blizzard would nerf DKs to the ground, because they're so popular and are doing so good...but apparently not

I'd hardly consider these changes nerfs, to be honest.

Edit: Especially against magic classes, I'd almost say we got buffed. Against physical classes, it kinda depends on how much mitigation the extra armor on Frost Presence gives.

Deleted

I had no problem destroying unholy dks with boneshield and ibf up as blood. Unholy got hit really hard and i will laugh when they come back here crying how they get destroyed.

I would bet a large amount of gold that most of the super positive reviews comes from DK alts claiming they now play DK as main when they obviously not. Talk about pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyJester
    Against physical classes, it kinda depends on how much mitigation the extra armor on Frost Presence gives.
    Excatly 20% more...

Quote Originally Posted by broods
    I had no problem destroying unholy dks with boneshield and ibf up as blood. Unholy got hit really hard and i will laugh when they come back here crying how they get destroyed.

I would bet a large amount of gold that most of the super positive reviews comes from DK alts claiming they now play DK as main when they obviously not. Talk about pathetic.
    No. Just no. I'll go right on not getting destroyed on my DK main, thanks. I've been playing the class since early beta and have seen its ups and downs. These changes are both very fair and exceptionally well balanced. Very very pleased indeed. Less whining. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyJester
    I'd hardly consider these changes nerfs, to be honest.
    50% damage reduction to 20% damage reduction of icebound fortitude.

40% damage reduction to 20% damage reduction of bone shield.

200% weapon damage to 150% damage of rune strike.

Let's not play games, these are massive nerfs, with no compensation (other than.. a 15 second cooldown reduction of anti magic shield which is kind of nice.)

Quote Originally Posted by StormscaleSahtra
    50% damage reduction to 20% damage reduction of icebound fortitude.

40% damage reduction to 20% damage reduction of bone shield.

200% weapon damage to 150% damage of rune strike.

Let's not play games, these are massive nerfs, with no compensation (other than.. a 15 second cooldown reduction of anti magic shield which is kind of nice.)
    guessing you missed this one

Frost Presence -- bonus armor increased from 60 to 80% and magic damage reduction increased from 5 to 15%. We wanted to reduce the effectiveness of cooldowns but bring up base mitigation to reduce damage spikiness.

man alts are addicting