Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Retribution Arena Build

Posting this build idea just FOR FUN. Not suggesting it to be the best for arenas (that would be stupid). http://ru.wowhead.com/?talent=sZ0erhf0xZxfrtbhufMsMzh (posting a wowhead link, because MMO calc doesn't show up for some reason).

P.S. I'm a fan of reckoning-fun-build since preBC, and if it is played smart - it can hurt really nice

Reckoning only works when you Block or being Hit. Blocks are right out since you won't have a shield. And in all likelihood, you won't be the focus target. So I don't think you're going to see many Reckoning Procs in arena unless all your partners are dead.

Hit by ANY damage. And I can't remember that people didn't focus me, as they cannot see my partner and often start bursting me for the bubble

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...h=151209040205

This should be pretty straight forward.

0/18/53

18 points in prot

• 30 second HoJ CD.
      Additional Strength.
      Toughness and Guardians Favor for the anti-kiting.
      Stoicism for the anti-dispel.

53 points in Ret.

This is where most people differ in opinion. We only have 53 points and there are so many good talents available.

• Vindication because reduced stats just makes people that much easier to kill.
      Eye for an Eye is good, but I don't think that it's worth the investment of points for me. While crit is the king of PvP, if I'm dead what good is the 20% damage dealt to them? Put it into an aura and I'd laugh!
      2/3 Sanc Seals for that added anti-dispel goodness.
    1 point in RV for the utility.

Outside of that the Glyphs are chosen for most damage, and utility.
    The last minor was only because I hate Death Knights. Sense Undead... your not going to be tracking much else in Arenas are you? Do their ghouls count as undead?
    "My rage bar is blue, and I start the fight pissed!" - Battlecry of the Ret Paladin.
    "The best defense is a good offense." - Motto of the Ret Paladin.
    River Below - Billy Talent - Theme Song of the Ret Paladin.

DK Death Strike Tanking
    The Power of Avoidance! - DK Tank Required Reading
    DK AP Coefficients
    DK Threat Values

Aurich von Deathstrike

I see righteous vengeance isn't getting alot of love in these ideas on builds and in the posts.

Put one point, and no more, in RV for PvP purposes. It is a damaging DoT that prevents bandaging. It;s usefulness will become apparent in arena over the next few months, i am sure.

Also, when discussing ret PvP, spec for utility and survivability, not just damage. We can outlase almost anything, but only if specd for it.

With all of that said, here is my offering to you for retribution paladin PvP.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZ0ebVcZxfMtrIufMsrzuo

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by mikklas
    Okay.. Seriously.. Your PVE spec is lousy... You will not be able to use SoB always, so you need SoC. Thaddius in Naxx, I did 17k+ crits and I get 30% dmg... that along with 1 mistake may cost me my life, you will use SoC in that fight (as an example). You also need SoC for solo and times that you offheal a bit; all worth that single talent point.
    You can use SOB on any encounter in Naxxramas and you should solo with it as well.

I always use SoB.

Even on loatheb.

Get better healers.

Be careful with Thaddius

As for Pve builds 0/10/61 is my spec of choice, kings for when no one else has it, then everything in ret besides vindication, e4e, and imp might(always have a holy pally with imp might, and if not, 2 fury warriors with imp BS)

For PvP builds, 30 sec hammer is a must, toughness/kings can interchange based on your bracket/makeup, no one attacks the paladin first in 5v5 and you should be able to either cleanse or HoF the few aoe slows that hit you. Vindication isnt a must... but that 20% stats debuff can be huge, chance at hitting 4 targets with it with a well timed DS not to mention its a debuff you dont even have to think about applying.

And of course, if you want to be a wierdo theres always the magical 15/5/51 offhealer spec. Sure you might look silly, but those huge holy light crits returning 60% of their mana cost could turn a game around. But then again, thats an anti double dps spec for healing your mage/DK back to full after you molest the other team for a bit but you wont have the mana pool or regen to do it against a healer speced person.

Forgot to mention, only time you cant use Blood is killing the adds after Instructor Raz, 50k backlash from judge hurts. But I usually put SoC in most of my specs, i would rather have the option of using it rather than not.

Is it worth getting vengeance over fanatacsm? I usually find my crits on judgement to be a lot of my damage...

Just trying to figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    I always use SoB.

Even on loatheb.

Get better healers.
    Uh oh... Love this :P I did so to begin with also.... Only to find out that I got my HP to 5.xk within those 17 seconds. And on Thaddius I crit over 19k with SoB; yes, I gimp my dmg with 15%, but there is 15 other DPS'ers.

Quote Originally Posted by EndGame
    Is it worth getting vengeance over fanatacsm? I usually find my crits on judgement to be a lot of my damage...

Just trying to figure it out.
    Yes, it is worth it since it grants you overall dmg. Of course you can say it won't do much untill you've critted a bit, but it stacks 5 times, granting 15% dmg. 5% crit for each talent is very nice, but it ain't equal to Vengeance.

I will suggest this build for pvp:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...h=000000000000

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...h=151209040205

That's my opinion. I think Montoya had a good specc, but it's very nice if you meet for instance a paladin who stuns you for 7 seconds.. Now in stead of using something else, you can just use Hand of Freedom, and you're free again :P
    Although, I removed 2 points from Two-handed spec. I wonder if it's better to take them from Fanaticism, not sure..

Havent played since the start of s4, but this seems a solid build.
    I'd likely test this one out first.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...h=000000000000

I use Improved HoJ + Divine Guardian from prot. Works perfect ^^

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...eden&n=Byronyk

1 point out of fanaticism for the DoT effect of RV. No divine gaurdian, but so far in the 1800 bracket, i have enjoyed the other talents thus far.