DK Blood changes......

SOOOo everyone is talking about how in this next patch, that Blood will be putting out more dps then unholy. Well i went and read the patch notes and im not seeing how its gona be improving that much. Maybe i missed something?

Re: DK Blood changes......

Glyph of Obliterate is changed to do th extra dmg AND do additional dmg it does when diseases are up
    Hearth strike gets Cleave like status (hitting 2 targets)

that's your dps increase right there

edit : And the useless haste sigil gets changed to let Hearth Strike and Blood Strike give chance to give extra crit rating. And since HS is used more in your standard Blood with unholy offspec rotation then BS is in your standard Unholy with Blood offspec rotation, that's another minor dps increase (maybe RNG must help a bit )

Does anyone know if HS damage has been lowered now that it has a cleave effect?

Blood was already ahead of unholy in terms of single target dps.

Blood can very well surpass unholy in total dps...atm i change between blood and unholy....yet to try frost as a dps spec...unholy is great for multiple targets and amz is a wonderful tool to have but DC crits for 3.5-4k(this can go higher in a raid with full raid buffs) so after the patch implement the changes blood will shine for dks and unholy and frost will get buffed in a later patch imo..and then the dance will repeat itself until next xpac
    Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    Does anyone know if HS damage has been lowered now that it has a cleave effect?
    No.

At least, I don't think so.

The blue said heartstrike will still hit harder then bloodstrike, and it doesn't hit THAT much harder than blood strike right now. So unless they lower the dmg on both, i don't think they are lowering the dmg on heartstrike. Just speculation on my part *shrug*

vampiric blood is also gaining a last stand like effect i believe, which i am not quite sure on all the rules for. for example, if the extra heath generated is more then your current hp, does it just kill you when it whers off or does it leave you at like 1 hp
    all hail king frost strike

The new vampiric blood is like last stand on crack. While it doesn't grant as high of a percentage of health as last stand, it still has the boost to healing which more than makes up for it.

@psicorp:
    It's been awhile since I used last stand on my warrior, but I believe that if you are below the amount gained when the effect wears off then you DO die. Don't quote me on that because it's been awhile and I could very well be wrong. However, since you're likely to only need this skill in a situation where you can be healed, either by yourself, which would be very easy as blood, or by a party healer, it is unlikely that you would end the 20 seconds with lower health than you started it with.

Quote Originally Posted by Reed12
    SOOOo everyone is talking about how in this next patch, that Blood will be putting out more dps then unholy. Well i went and read the patch notes and im not seeing how its gona be improving that much. Maybe i missed something?
    yea u are. blood is arleady better dps than unholy

from what i've noticed, blood already does put out more dps than unholy. On aoe pulls, our unholy dk is obviously ahead of me, but it's usually not by a very large margin. however on single target dps, i usually blow him right out of the water on the meters.