Deleted

Sacred Shield aint working as intended

It doesnt work at all for me.
    Works properly if i cast it on myself, but if i cast it on the MT it *never* procs the 50% crit on me (while it should be a 100%proc...).
    The tooltip says "Each time the target takes damage they gain a Sacred Shield, absorbing 500 damage and increasing the paladin's chance to critically hit with Flash of Light by 50%."
    so i assume i can cast it on the MT, when he get hit the SS absorbe the damage and give ME the crit buff for the FoL but seems more like that additional buff goes on the SS target.

Even a GM assisted a whole fight in naxx and while he confermed what i said above, he saw i never had the +crit effect on me -_-
    Anyone else with the same problem? Am i missing something?

Re: Sacred Shield aint working as intended

The crit effect stays on you while the "bubble" stays on the targert. on a Maintank that 500dmg shield will not be up at all, thus you won't have your crit buff at all.

but it should work like you said, and the bubble should scale with something.

You cast Sacred Shild on the MT.
    When the effect proccs (500dam absorbing Schield) you have 50% more crit on the target with this buff.
    So you don't get a buff, only the target.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Kirijolith
    You cast Sacred Shild on the MT.
    When the effect proccs (500dam absorbing Schield) you have 50% more crit on the target with this buff.
    So you don't get a buff, only the target.
    And how can i see if i really have that 50% more crit? Becuz to me it seems the crit aint changing at all..
    I'll do some more test tonight tho.

Deleted

You did understand that the proc only increases your crit chance with FoL on the target with sacred shield? It does not unfortunately increase your crit chance with FoL on any other target.

i think u have same problem as i had with this spell in start.. for me it seems like u dont have the buff on u target for 6 sec but up to 6 sec or untill the 500 dmg absorbed and that means tank get in on hit 1 on him and if not rfc its most likely gone again when he take a 2nd hit so to get use of the 50% crit u need to get the heal in between those 2 hits on the tank. in start i thought the 50% crit would last all the 6 secs but it seems not.

It's working and it's very good. Although there seems to be a conflict in pala healing between HL and FoL, most glyphs and spells doesnt really let you gain any synergy by using the two things together they focus on making one of them better which kinda sucks.

it also dosn´t work with sheath of light as the absord dmg is not being increased by the spellpower the talent gives
    650 spell power ( as tankadin) makes it absorb about 430 or so more
    Pity Heal
    Unlimited range
    Channeled
    Baron Ashbury has pity on you, but only so he can continue inflicting pain! Heals all nearby enemies and allies for 5% health every 1 sec.
    Spellid 93705

Indeed, the real bug is that this spell still isn't scaling with Retribution spell power.

For me I ONLY EVER get the 50% crit increase when the shield is cast on myself.

NEVER have I had the crit increase when i put sacred shield on the tank, or anyone else.

Working as intended so GM's say.

Bullshit I say.

as a holy pally i cast sacred shield a lot and i rarely see a non crit FoL while i have it on him. also its not just 500dmg it absorbs as u get 75% of your spellpower i understand, so with 2k SP the target gets a 2k dmg shield. minor but every little bit helps.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Guyon
    And how can i see if i really have that 50% more crit? Becuz to me it seems the crit aint changing at all..
    I'll do some more test tonight tho.
    An extra buff occurs on the target called something like 'Guarded by Light' (or protected by light) (its got the same icon as 'guarded by the light' in the prot tree) ... that buff lasts about 4secs .. so within that 4secs ull have +50% crit for fol

For how i know...

You cast sacred shield on yourself... it procs when damage, while the shield HOLDS you have 50% crit with flash.
    You cast sacred shield on maintank... it procs when damaged, while the shield holds HE has got 50% crit with flash.
    So on other target, is useless the 50% thing.

i am tank so i usually don't trow flash so i could not test this right now, but if work like you say, that even on anotehr you get the 50% crit, putting it on the tank should be useless, the shield will be consumed in 0.00001 seconds.

Ok so I just asked a Gamemaster about Scared Shield and Sheat of Light and he told me it is intend that Sol dosen´t give abenefit for Scared Shield, he couldn´t tell my why but it´s wanted wtf
    Thats our lvl 80 talent and it´s a huge mana sink for ret, holy got a benefit from AW -.-.
    Pity Heal
    Unlimited range
    Channeled
    Baron Ashbury has pity on you, but only so he can continue inflicting pain! Heals all nearby enemies and allies for 5% health every 1 sec.
    Spellid 93705

It makes no sense the Sheath of Light doesn't work with it. Does Sheath give "special" spellpower or something?

If it would be too overpowered for Retribution, change the spell. Perhaps increase the scaling but reduce the base amount. Perhaps make it an 11-pointer Holy talent and move the Aura one to Prot, whatever. But this is no way to balance it.

Deleted

your FoLs will crit +50% on whoever your shield is procced on

read the tooltip properly

All I know is I keep a near 100% Sacred Shield uptime, on the MT, but Flash of Light crits 33-34% of the time, right around where my Holy crit % is. I'd assume that, even if it were to only affect the target of Sacred Shield, my Flash of Light crit would go up a few percentage points, given that I'm usually tops in healing done to the MT.
    Ephemera - Grievance - Thrall [H]
    Sybilfawlty - We Have Cookies - Stormrage [A]