Where is the T7 dps set bonus

Subject is self explanatory. I would like to have an option to use 4pc T7 rather than be told to only 2pc and find 3 better pieces. Anyone else?

Re: Where is the T7 dps set bonus

Quote Originally Posted by leofric
    Subject is self explanatory. I would like to have an option to use 4pc T7 rather than be told to only 2pc and find 3 better pieces. Anyone else?
    as much as i'd like a 4piece as well, complain to your guild if they deny you off set pieces...or to the pug you run if your guild doesn't do it
    if you happen to be bad dps then it doesn't matter and you can settle with the tanking 4piece

This was very frustrating to a lot of us ferals who don't tank as much as others and dps more often because of the overflow of tanks we have now and love the great dps benefits from the individual pieces of the T7 gear. I've been suggesting this idea in forums since Wrath came out, but I haven't gotten much of a response, but here it goes.

I think that it would be good to have an added Ap benefit from using barkskin, similar to that of bone shield for Death knights, that way not only would the 4 set, T7 bonus make sense for cat ferals to have, but it would also make barkskin a spell to use more often in a rotation as both a cat and a bear. The Ap buff would also limit the buff's extra boost to only ferals as balance and resto druids in their forms don't get a benefit from Ap for their spells. However much of a bonus we get would best be left to blizzard to figure out in their calculations. For cats, and Ap boost would be obvious, but as a bear this would be a great to use, for example, at the beginning of fights where a pull maybe three or 4 mobs large with no CC (like many of the group in VH for example) where you need some mitigation for the incoming damage and a threat boost to stay ahead of the oncoming dps from you party members. Another example of this would be a few situations where you have dps races like Thaddius or Patchwork and you need to build threat fast so that the dps can let everything fly as soon as possible, but you may not have a hunter with a misdirect or a rogue with tricks of the trade.

Another idea would be to add that boost into the set bonus itself, making the gear bonus the thing to have if Blizzard really didn't want to change the spell overall so that this may only be for the content where this gear is superior and giving us the option of keeping it over later tier sets if we as the players so choose.

Otherwise, if left as is, the barkskin spell and the T7,4 set bonus in cat form has a very very small place as it only reduces damage taken (I.E. the vortex in the malygos fight where you can do much but wait and take the damage) and having a set bonus that increases the length its up by 3 seconds (15 total seconds) is really a big disappointment for ferals who choose to play as a melee damage dealer.

Deleted

We have a special case with druids - we have a total of four specs, where other classes have three. A prot warrior cant strap on a two hander and do 2000+ DPS as a bear specced druid can go into cat. While i do agree that it sucks for kitties that their 4p bonus isn't very interesting, you should instead look at the general upgrade you get from the gear. An epic chest is an epic chest, after all. No matter how you spec feral (cat or bear), the gear is an upgrade. If you are a tank, your gear will still help you massive amounts if you have to DPS, where a prot warrior with great mitigation might not grind or DPS better from his upgrade. I think that is a benefit for us druids. Can you follow my line of thought?

Another point is regarding T7 bonuses themselves - they should be lucrative, but not a massive upgrade, or we will end up with what we had in TBC - 2pT6 was an insanely nice buff to have even if you were doing Sunwell, and that sort of goes against upgrading your gear. Now that only your 2p set bonus is interesting, you have an easier time making the transition to T8 than you had before.

Looking at our previous sets, T5's 2p set bonus was a mere "(2) Set: When you shift out of Bear Form, Dire Bear Form, or Cat Form, your next Regrowth spell takes 2 fewer sec. to cast." - not something that benefitted cat DPS or bear tanking. T4 4p set bonus was either 1400 armor in bear or 30 strength in cat. Bears in Karazhan was near the armor cap anyways, and 30 strength is hardly ravaging.

You might complain now and say "Blizzard always does this to us", but its seen across the board, really. If you are only a cat, doing only cat dps, then yes, the 4p bonus might blow for you, but the item is still an upgrade, and it allows you to do better if you have to tank, than others can do. Given these considerations - and the fact that im a bear :P - i am not overly fussed about this.

well think about it this way..

shit Tier set bonus for lower tier

good tier set bonus for higher tier?

i mean honestly 5% more dmg for pets with 2 set hunter bonus? fuck that

just wait for tier 8 or 9 bonuses and start unzipping your pants then xD

>_> This is Blizzards way of telling you to either tank, heal, or give me 5% spell-crit. Pick one =D

Quote Originally Posted by Kazura
    >_> This is Blizzards way of telling you to either tank, heal, or give me 5% spell-crit. Pick one =D
    oh boy - someone always has to go there...

well - if i was the raid leader i would bring a good feral dps player over a mediocre rogue any day. it's just like it was for moonkins back in the day - we always had to outdo the others to succeed, while "pure" specs just had to show up and sheep stuff.

in this case though, i think it would have been smarter to make each set bonus apply to both bear and cat form at the same time. something like "+X armor in bear form and +X ap in cat form".

15+ Year Old Account

The dps bonus is the 2 piece and the tanking one is the 4 piece. It's just not awesome, we'll see what they do with the next tier.
    Mímir, 100 Night Elf Hunter, Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Archimexis
    I think that it would be good to have an added Ap benefit from using barkskin, similar to that of bone shield for Death knights
    Would be pushing it a bit considering Barkskin is not even a feral ability. If anything, the set bonus should be a two-way thing benefiting both cat and bear form but not both at the same time. For instance, a few bonus seconds to savage roar for cats or bonus AP from Tiger's Fury.