Frost PvP: accompanied by Blood or Unholy?

While I am sure I want to go Frost for PvP, I am yet undecided as to whether Blood or Unholy is a better compliment to Frost. I will list two proposed specs, and would appreciate feedback on which talents will be useful in PvP, and which ones I am better off avoiding.

Frost/Unholy: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...00000000000000

My choices because:
    Basically every talent I picked up in the Unholy tree has a good chunk of benefits for PvP. Virulence is my key talent, as I hate when my diseases get cured instantly, ruining my rotation.

Maybe: Chillblains. I've seen some take it, while some don't. If I glyph CoI, I probably will drop this to 1 point or maybe none. Thoughts or Comments?

Frost/Blood: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...00000000000000

My choices because:
    I am much less experienced in the Blood tree, so if I decide to go with it, this is where I need your input the most fellahs. Key talent is Bloody Strikes, with better crits, more spell defense, higher stats, and Mark of Blood to compliment it. Not to mention Bladed Armor.

Maybe: Once again, Chillblains. I am also concerned about losing Tundra Stalker, which was why getting at least 2/3 Vet of the 3rd War (gave up the 3rd point for 5/5 Blood of the North) seemed essential to me. However, I could easily drop the 2 pts in Vet and put them in Tundra. Thoughts or Comments?

Overall: The general feel I'm getting is that Blood is going to help me throw out more DPS, while Unholy is giving me a more secure hold and utility in PvP, which, essentially, could be a higher DPS increase than the pure boost from Blood. I currently lean toward my Frost/Unholy spec at the moment, due to how solid the spec seems.

Feedback much appreciated.

Re: Frost PvP: accompanied by Blood or Unholy?

Ma biatch.

Am 79 pvping there, sounds stupid but its fun.
    Magic damage is laughable with acclim procced, with aura it is arround 40% reducton.
    The 1 point in chilblains is for glyph of BS, i maxed out a rune convertor into a viable attack.
    Take RPmastery 2 points, when you zerg someon there wil be no time for rp attack till all of your runes are used. In bgs the target mostlie dies. Stock up the rp for kiters, and situatuins when you have low hp and want to coi,hb,dc your taget to death.
    So far i payed, i get the feeling of a pvp tank with the dk. It can take a fair beeating and with all the + crit talents can dish out too.

Killing mashine is a useles tanlent in pvp. And with adding resilience it will be more so. Drop it.
    If you take rune tap... improve it.
    If you are not in tank gear, and dont have 30%+ parry don't take deflection, a 10-15% chance to deflect 30% magic damage sux.
    Expertise is of no conzern for pvp, if you can't get a 20-30% reduction in dodge... That you can't ^_^

From the builds it depends what you wana do.
    If serious arena pvp with a healer, go something like this. Or pull some points from blood for acclim.
    In a healer combo, you wil need to outlast the oponent healers mana pool, or cc the healer and wtfpwn the other dude. HC is the onli long cc we have. Virulence wil force more dispelling from the oponents healer.

Double dps this.
    HC after you partners cc which forces a trinket, then omgnook the remaining poor fart.
    Imp rune tap for self heals, couse self heals are good, oh yeah ^_^

I would not go Killing Machine as it is completely useless in pvp (crit proc? no way) and even more useless if you want to go 2h (which you should). I would also remove the talents in Chilblains. If you are planning on nuking a druid(could happen who knows) he can formshift and remove your frost fever disease if you spec Chilblains. I would spec in Icy talons(20% speed is win) and maybe frost aura or acclimation.... Just my opinion... doesnt have to be the truth . Its taken out of your build and I'm not gonna go through Frost/blood specs n shit... just sorting out your current spec

Frost fever and chilblains are two diferent debuffs.
    If the target is immune to snares, frost fever gets aplied, onli chilblain gets resisted.
    Taloons is a bad choice for pvp, you don't rely on auto attacks there, those 6 points can be spent elswhere and benefit you more.

I appreciate the feedback guys. Thanks for sorting out blood for me. I still lean toward UH due to Utility, but I will most likely be running a Double DPS with a Ret Pally, so Imp Rune Tap is HUGE.

I'm currently an UH/Blood Spec for tanking, and whether it's instances or BGs, Rune Tap= 4k = Usually wins me the fight. Macro it with Blood Tap if you have to, and you don't even feel the impact of that blood rune.

I know CoI and Chillblains don't stack, so I think you're right in reducing it to 1 point. Extra defense versus casters is never a bad thing either.

Also, I agree with your opinion of KM too. I was lured in by da critzz mon.

I can see myself using this as a tanking spec AND a casual/moderate PvP spec.

Again, Thanks for the help. Anyone else, free feel to comment. I'm still pretty dry on feedback for Unholy fillers.

Blood is way more survival - solo based , but yes you can't miss out on imp rune tap especially when your partner also gets healed an amount of it.

Ok, due to my predicament, I need good critique on my Frost/Unholy spec right now. I like blood due to Rune Tap, but I feel that I can't miss out on Death Strike crit, Death Coil damage, DnD CD (I use it a lot in PvP due to having it Glyphed), and 30% chance for them not to cure my diseases.

Of the two trees you posted I like your Frost/Unholy tree better. It is a bit more focused on Frost and dealing frost as you main damage dealer.

Your Frost/Blood looks a bit confused. You choose talents to up your blood strike damage like Bloody Strikes and yet you have chosen Blood of the North while does up your blood strike damage idealy is meant to convert your runes to death runes so you can howling blast/obliterate more often.

One of the things I think you will need to decide on is whether you will be going with Chains to apply your frost fever or Icy Touch. IMO you use one or the other. You simply can't afford to waste frost runes using Chains AND Icy Touch aimlessly. If Chains is going to be your way then take out the points in Imp Icy Touch and put points into Imp Rune Mastery. OH and you will want to max the talent as in the next patch Blizzard is lowering the rune close on Frost Strike to 32 so if max 130 runic power you will be able to Frost Strike 4 times instead of 3.

I also have to agree that deflection is not a good choice for pvp. You will be running around with maybe 10% parry. That is about a 3% reduction in magic damage. You would be better off using those points in Acclaimation or Frost Aura. The reason being is that resist is MUCH better than damage reduction from spells. You can resist things like curse of exhaustion or roots where as deflection will do jack.

I also agree that killing machine is not worth it for pvp unless you are DWing. Your points are better spent elsewhere.

Well thats my .02c.

gomi

Hey

Frost/Unholy

First of all remove the 5point in KM as 2h thouse point can put in much better place. Get frost aura and acclimation. If you never played with this you will see big difrrent against casters think it is around 40% reducening damage if it stack three times and higher chance to full resist. This is the single best talent spent in frost spec. This is why all caster will fear frost DK. Lucky for them most frost dont spec it but when they do,,,

Now it is up to you how many points you want to remove from chillblains and put it in Runic Power Mastery.

In unholy three you spec as you should do not much to do there only one why to spec in unholy. Virulence is the key talent complements acclimation and disease. Imp death grip if you play right frost mage will have respec for you.

Three point in blood not much to say.

As frost/unholy you will lack the burst that blood spec gives. So up to your team what spec suit best.

Quote Originally Posted by armut
    Why do you have death rune mastery? FU=DD DD=FU

I guess it's useful in that when you get close you can do a 2x oblit and then spam FRASTSHAWK with your next rune rotation but... idk. I would rather have the crit.

I am also a big fan of chilblains. Unless you have glyphed blood boil i would highly recommend it...
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend