1. #1

    Reapplying diseases

    We all know that your diseases are at their strongest when you apply when when you are stuffed with buffs and procs.

    I was wondering the following situation:

    You apply diseases on a target when you dont have procs and cds. You start bashing your target.
    After a while (your diseases are still up) you pop all your cds and procs, and reapply the diseases. Will the diseases do increased dmg based on the cds and procs and because you reapplied them.
    Or will they still do the same dmg as the first time you applied them (first snapshot)?

  2. #2
    Dreadlord vmagik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Acherus
    Posts
    859
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedbastard View Post
    We all know that your diseases are at their strongest when you apply when when you are stuffed with buffs and procs.

    I was wondering the following situation:

    You apply diseases on a target when you dont have procs and cds. You start bashing your target.
    After a while (your diseases are still up) you pop all your cds and procs, and reapply the diseases. Will the diseases do increased dmg based on the cds and procs and because you reapplied them.
    Or will they still do the same dmg as the first time you applied them (first snapshot)?
    They will do more damage because you've re-applied them.

    Generally I'll open with a plague strike and save outbreak for that last second or two when pre-pot/feather/synapse springs (and hopefully primordius' rage) are up.

    When you extend diseases with FeS their "power" doesn't change. If you re-apply with plague strike, UB, pestilence, bloodboil (as blood spec or spread with rolling blood) or outbreak then your diseases will re-snapshot your current buffs.
    Amazing signature courtesy of Shyama

  3. #3
    Ok thats what i wanted to know, thanks.

  4. #4
    Herald of the Titans Varyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,741
    I would recommend the addon DKDiseases, it shows timers for your diseases, as well as the strength of them, compared to what your current diseases are. (tick damage, %+/-, etc)

    It's also color-coded to show when you should/shouldn't reapply for a dps increase (red when you shouldn't, yellow when it's about the same, green when it's a significant increase). You can adjust the threshold at which it changes colors (8% increase in strength rather than 10%).

    For instance, you Plague Strike, then after your trinkets/cds are up, it might turn green and show 150, meaning if you reapplied dots they would do 150% the damage they are currently doing.

  5. #5
    Rolling blood will spread as pestilence and use outbreak for disease

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by rliou12 View Post
    Rolling blood will spread as pestilence and use outbreak for disease
    Yes, but roiling blood uses your closest target, pestilence the one you have selected.
    Sig got me infracted. This will have to do.

  7. #7
    Moderator Nyanmaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Eschborn
    Posts
    5,369
    Quote Originally Posted by rliou12 View Post
    Rolling blood will spread as pestilence and use outbreak for disease
    Quote Originally Posted by Abominae View Post
    Yes, but roiling blood uses your closest target, pestilence the one you have selected.
    To take it a step further, what Abominae wants to say is that it may prove disadvantageous if you are playing festerblight as it has the possibility to overwrite your diseases because roiling blood decides it should proc off a target other than your main target.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    I would recommend the addon DKDiseases, it shows timers for your diseases, as well as the strength of them, compared to what your current diseases are. (tick damage, %+/-, etc)

    It's also color-coded to show when you should/shouldn't reapply for a dps increase (red when you shouldn't, yellow when it's about the same, green when it's a significant increase). You can adjust the threshold at which it changes colors (8% increase in strength rather than 10%).

    For instance, you Plague Strike, then after your trinkets/cds are up, it might turn green and show 150, meaning if you reapplied dots they would do 150% the damage they are currently doing.
    Thank you for that explanation. If only the author of the mod could have explained simply what the colors and 2 sets of numbers meant as you did; my noobness would have lessened a wee bit weeks ago.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •