Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Patch 3.0.8 - PTR Build 9386

And the best part....no rogue changes of fixes :-\ sigh
    I want to have a child and use it as a pulling tool in dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Cho
    4 Horsemen are still not do-able with 2 palatanks ... where's our single taunt -_-
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Hand of Reckoning(NEW): Available on trainers at level 16. It’s a 30 yard range taunt that causes Holy damage.
    Seriously.. it's in the 3.0.8 patch notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghan
    For those of you who are as annoyed by the advertisements as I am and who use Firefox with the Greasemonkey extension, I created a Userscript that removes the ads.
    Or just get Adblock Plus and never worry about any adds on any site ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by danightryder
    And the best part....no rogue changes of fixes :-\ sigh
    Given that most of the talk about rogues in forums right now is to do with them being OP in PvP I would think rogues would be quite happy to not be getting mentioned in patch notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulver
    Or just get Adblock Plus and never worry about any adds on any site ever again.
    Which only removes the ad, not the space where the ad would have been in this case.

Which only removes the ad, not the space where the ad would have been in this case.
    Nope, it removes the space too. You probably have the "collapse removed elements" option turned off or are using an old version of adblock.

Quote Originally Posted by sinizuh
    yay for crafted DK weapons.
    yay for paladin healing goggles.
    boo for Death Strike glyph changes. Whole point of Death Strike is the heal, if it doesn't increase the heal, it's pointless (compared to SS and OB)
    well Death Strikes healing scales off the damage it does and the more dmg it is the bigger the heal so technically it still increases the healing but its a bad change and it pissed me off

but the Death and Decay change has me beyond pissed off i dont c why the 20% chance to cower the target was so op it was our only form of semi ok cc and now it is nerfed to uselessness gj blizz way to go u fuktards

so they change druid staves cause they want to remove niche weapons but add dk tanking two handers?

Quote Originally Posted by T3KN1K

but the Death and Decay change has me beyond pissed off i dont c why the 20% chance to cower the target was so op it was our only form of semi ok cc and now it is nerfed to uselessness gj blizz way to go u fuktards
    Really? Because DKs aren't facerolling everyone except Ret Palas amrite? Because there is the only way of CC? IF you call a chance on reliable CC... But even if you think that's the only thing you add, I recommend you to look at your spell book again.

Quote Originally Posted by Serai
    so they change druid staves cause they want to remove niche weapons but add dk tanking two handers?
    It's crafted, not an option and you can get a 2H to tank better in higher level raids... as long as you are defence capped. This is just to help those DKs suffering to get enough Defense and that don't want to go the retarded way (DW).

I'd personally like to see some DPS 2H Axes get thrown into BS.. Tanking is taking some good stuff, but can we get some love on the DPS side?? ;D

To be honest mate, I think a lot of profs would need a lot of tweeking and options. Probably only Jewelcrafting have that many options...

For those of you who are as annoyed by the advertisements as I am and who use Firefox with the Greasemonkey extension, I created a Userscript that removes the ads.

You don't even need a script.
    Just add the url to your "hosts" file in the windows system directory.

Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Serai
    Except technically they aren't DK-only weapons. It's just that DK's are the only tanks that use 2H'ers.
    Basically, there were no tank 2H'ers before this patch, because all the other tanks are either bears or use shields.

It'd be a DK niche weapon if it said stuff like, "Equip: improves disease damage by 1020" or something along those lines.

I guess there are not many Frost or DW DK's out there, because I don't see everyone posting how good of a change that truly is to HB.

Now DW DK's have a way to scale while not limited on a 6s CD where you have to alternate OB/HB based on Rime procs. It also allows for two fast weapons to be used opposed to a slow (MH)+fast (OH) wpn. Granted your BCB and such will still be slightly lower, but it should keep KM up damn near 100% depending on your gear level.

I've been a 2h frost spec for a long time now at 80. This change could not be better for that one tree to finally get a DPS boost to even out with the others. If you haven't tried frost.... this will be the time.

Ok I guess the only gripe I have about the new tanking weps...WTF no mace?!? It'd be nice if they did Axe/Mace that way all expertise racials could benefit...either way I'm happy to see them but not sure I'll use em. Inevitable Defeat still the way to go for my Doorf.

Making the 2 new DK tanking weapons BOP will be the biggest mistake blizzard can make, seeing how every other titansteel weapon is BOE. All serious raiding DK's, mine included, already chose and lvl'd up professions before these were implimented.

If these aren't made BOE by the first week or 2 after the patch goes live, I will be dropping herbalism or alchemy and grinding blacksmithing, make these, then drop blacksmithing. Please note, these weapons don't require blacksmithing or a specilization to use, just BS'ing of 400 to create them.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nasok
    Blizzard, rogue is over here *waves*
    Your fine LRN2Play! omg i'm so happy i can say that now! seriously though what's wrong with Rogues?

anyway I hope they get that dual spec thing out in a couple weeks.. It WILL do wonders for class balance considering they won't have to try so hard to make every spec PvP viable.. it would be great when they could come out and say "Yeah dude.. sorry but that's not a PvP spec i'd suggest trying blank spec out"

Quote Originally Posted by Antimortem
    I guess there are not many Frost or DW DK's out there, because I don't see everyone posting how good of a change that truly is to HB.

Now DW DK's have a way to scale while not limited on a 6s CD where you have to alternate OB/HB based on Rime procs. It also allows for two fast weapons to be used opposed to a slow (MH)+fast (OH) wpn. Granted your BCB and such will still be slightly lower, but it should keep KM up damn near 100% depending on your gear level.

I've been a 2h frost spec for a long time now at 80. This change could not be better for that one tree to finally get a DPS boost to even out with the others. If you haven't tried frost.... this will be the time.
    I've been frost since the beginning and noticed the same, but was more excited about the craftable parry weapon that is the same model as the runeblade we can choose at the beginning (favorite weapon model in the game yet!) - but you're absolutely right, HB losing it's cd will give me a little bit more burst in pvp for those normal periods of being kited. Having a decent ranged option is one of my favorite parts of frost for pvp.

Frost forever for me, but this patch will even things out quite a bit across all three trees, I think.

I practically play the game just to use grid to heal with, I fear for how it might get ruined..

So do you think the creators of addons that are being more less integrated into wow are getting kick backs?

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    Your fine LRN2Play! omg i'm so happy i can say that now! seriously though what's wrong with Rogues?
    Being out-DPS'd by a whole bunch of classes, given same skill/gear level. Including some hybrids.

Provided you aren't abusing a horribly bugged ability.

Enchant Boots - Greater Assault is now 12 Infinite Dust - 1 Greater Cosmic - 2 Dream shard - 4 Abyss
    Enchant Boots - Tuskarr's Vitality is now 12 Infinite Dust - 2 Greater Cosmic - 4 Dream shard - 1 Abyss
    Enchant Bracers - Superior Spellpower is now 6 Infinite Dust - 6 Greater Cosmic - 1 Dream shard
    Enchant Chest - Powerful Stats is now 4 Dream shard - 4 Abyss
    Enchant Cloak - Shadow Armor is now 12 Infinite dust - 1 Greater Cosmic - 1 Dream shard - 1 Abyss
    Enchant Cloak - Titanweave is now 8 Infinite Dust - 2 Titanium bar - 2 Dream shard
    Enchant Cloak - Wisdom is now 15 Infinite Dust - 3 Greater Cosmic - 2 Dream shard - 6 Abyss
    Enchant Gloves - Armsman is now 2 Dream shard - 8 Eternal Earth
    Enchant Weapon - Accuracy is now 20 Infinite Dust - 4 Greater Cosmic - 4 Dream shard - 6 Abyss
    Enchant Weapon - Berserking is now 12 Infinite Dust - 2 Greater Cosmic - 10 Dream shard - 10 Abyss
    Enchant Weapon - Mighty Spellpower is now 16 Infinite Dust - 4 Greater Cosmic - 4 Dream shard - 6 Abyss
    Enchant Bracers - Greater Assault is now 24 Infinite Dust - 6 Greater Cosmic
    Enchant Chest - Super Health is now 20 Infinite Dust - 4 Greater Cosmic
    Enchant Gloves - Crusher is now 20 Infinite Dust - 4 Greater Cosmic - 1 Dream shard
    Enchant Cloak - Mighty Armor is now 15 Infinite Dust - 2 Greater Cosmic
    Enchant Cloak - Greater Speed is now 16 Infinite Dust - 4 Greater Cosmic